2021 MLB Season

5fouls

3 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I think it is going to be a long year for Cub fans unfortunately. I guess it is on par with how the Bears and IU mens bb team played this past year. I think it is how my sports teams have played rather than COVID that has me drinking more beer this past year!

Same. I'm not thinking early 90's bad but our pen is brutal. We have 2 proven starters barely.....maybe the bats hit this year but I'm somewhere in the 73-76 win camp max. Such a shame after the last 5-6 years to even be in this place. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Same. I'm not thinking early 90's bad but our pen is brutal. We have 2 proven starters barely.....maybe the bats hit this year but I'm somewhere in the 73-76 win camp max. Such a shame after the last 5-6 years to even be in this place. 

Are you cereal?  LOL  Surprised at your "prediction."  

Reds' India...

REDS: What will Jonathan India do as a debuting rookie?
India, ranked by MLB Pipeline as Cincinnati’s No. 5 prospect, opened this spring in the organization’s early Minor League camp, but he impressed so much -- offensively and defensively -- that he not only got promoted to big league camp, but put himself in position to earn a spot on the Opening Day roster. India’s success at the plate and at second base, along with Eugenio Suárez’s improved fitness, enabled the Reds to rework their infield plans. Now, Suárez will be the shortstop while Mike Moustakas takes third base and India mans second base. The move will give the Reds a chance at having more offense. For India, he would be skipping Triple-A after there was no 2020 Minor League season and he will be tasked with learning the league and making adjustments like any rookie. -- Mark Sheldon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm really trying to muster up the energy. I think I'll be excited tomorrow but my Cubs have me down a bit. Who knows? Maybe they'll surprise us. 

I've made a commitment to enjoy baseball season regardless of how the Reds do.  Enjoy great players like Trout even though they dont play for my team.

• Like 1

Kike Hernandez sells more jerseys than Mike Trout???????

MLB Jersey Sales

1. Mookie Betts, Dodgers
2. Cody Bellinger, Dodgers
3. Fernando Tatis Jr., Padres
4. Bryce Harper, Phillies
5. Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers
6. Aaron Judge, Yankees
7. Ronald Acuna Jr., Braves
8. Francisco Lindor, Mets
9. Kike Hernandez, Red Sox
10. Mike Trout, Angels
11. Nolan Arenado, Cardinals
12. Javier Baez, Cubs
13. Corey Seager, Dodgers
14. Gerrit Cole, Yankees
15. Yadier Molina, Cardinals
16. Christian Yelich, Brewers
17. Freddie Freeman, Braves
18. Jacob deGrom, Mets
19. Jose Altuve, Astros
20. Pete Alonso, Mets

Schedule oddity for the Reds.  9 of their last 18 games of the season are against the Pirates.  If they are in the race, that would appear to be good news.  On the flip side, not getting those easy games earlier in the season could result in the Reds falling out of the race themselves.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Schedule oddity for the Reds.  9 of their last 18 games of the season are against the Pirates.  If they are in the race, that would appear to be good news.  On the flip side, not getting those easy games earlier in the season could result in the Reds falling out of the race themselves.

Don't the Buccos usually beat up on us early in the year?

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

That's why I just noticed with Cubs schedule. Our first 12 are vs Pirates and Brewers. Only have 2 series vs Cardinals until Mid July. Have to dive in deeper a little later but seems strange to have that many consecutive games vs 1 or 2 teams.

• Like 1