Linder Transferring to IU from Miami

Awesome, I have been following this for awhile, and hoping.

I hope this gives a chance to start Linder with Littlejohn as backup on the pivot.  Then, Crider, who has potential, could redshirt, ideally.  He could then come back in 2019, with three years of eligibility.  Our center position could be solid for years if we play this well and folks stay healthy.  Love it.  

Our O line will be a strength next year IMO if the guys work their behinds off.

Just wondering out loud to myself, being as how I am a KSOB graduate myself.  And don't get me wrong.  I love the addition.  But... back to my meandering thought..... did he choose IU because of our highly ranked school of business, and decided to continue his football career here ?  Or did he decide on IU's FB program and then to enroll in our famous school of business  ?

Probably a marriage of both.  He supposedly loved Kelley and will be a grad student.  Perhaps MBA, I would imagine.  That is a tremendous draw.  But, I doubt he would have picked IU if he didn't have some attraction to the football team.  He should start without any reservations and you're playing in a top division and conference.  He certainly had other options including UCLA, Vandy (I think) and I believe another big school that escapes me.

4 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

I suspect he will be getting his MS in Accounting. A few other football players have.  It’s a great program and likely part of the appeal for sure.

Don't get me wrong. If our great business school can pull in good to great FB players from all over the country.... I am all for that !

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Probably a marriage of both.  He supposedly loved Kelley and will be a grad student.  Perhaps MBA, I would imagine.  That is a tremendous draw.  But, I doubt he would have picked IU if he didn't have some attraction to the football team.  He should start without any reservations and you're playing in a top division and conference.  He certainly had other options including UCLA, Vandy (I think) and I believe another big school that escapes me.

A fair assessment on your part.  Playing in the B1G is also an attraction.  We may be IU.... however , how many of our games were played in front of a national audience this past year ?  A: many.

On 1/3/2018 at 12:34 PM, milehiiu said:

Just wondering out loud to myself, being as how I am a KSOB graduate myself.  And don't get me wrong.  I love the addition.  But... back to my meandering thought..... did he choose IU because of our highly ranked school of business, and decided to continue his football career here ?  Or did he decide on IU's FB program and then to enroll in our famous school of business  ?

There is not a year that goes by where we should not bring in a top level graduate player using the prestige of the business school. It is a free asset that should be leveraged.

20 minutes ago, Payday said:

There is not a year that goes by where we should not bring in a top level graduate player using the prestige of the business school. It is a free asset that should be leveraged.

Agree. KSOB is a great recruiting asset for IU sports. Both football and basketball. It was attracted Cody Zeller to IU.  And looks to me what attracted Linder as well.  Keeping in mind coming from Miami.... it certainly was not the weather.  LOL

Great get for the KSOB and the IU O-line!  

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:32 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

Awesome, I have been following this for awhile, and hoping.

I hope this gives a chance to start Linder with Littlejohn as backup on the pivot.  Then, Crider, who has potential, could redshirt, ideally.  He could then come back in 2019, with three years of eligibility.  Our center position could be solid for years if we play this well and folks stay healthy.  Love it.  

Our O line will be a strength next year IMO if the guys work their behinds off.

Don't forget about Caleb Jones, either.

I know he has a lot of question marks since he missed the season, but I could see him literally forcing his way into the 2 deep conversation for the OL. I hope Jones used his time having to miss games as effectively as possible so he has a chance to be a factor in the rotation this fall. 

Linder is a good get, and hopefully adds some maturity and good habits that rub off.

Archived