Davis Out For The Season

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's good that he formed an allegiance at age 4.  Once they get to 8-10 years old, they tend to migrate towards teams that are championship caliber.  Unfortunately, IU has not been drawing in those kids for the last couple of years.  

Or, they marry a guy who is not sports oriented. My daughter, 5th generation of IU grads in the family, watched games with me faithfully. Proudly owned an IU hat signed by Damon Bailey. Met a great guy in Bloomington and married 7 years ago. Blessed us with two beautiful grandchildren. He's a Silicon Valley techster making a lot of money but has little interest in sports in general, much less IU.

Steering the young ones to the Cream and Crimson and helping them maintain their allegiance is a lifelong endeavor!

9 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Or, they marry a guy who is not sports oriented. My daughter, 5th generation of IU grads in the family, watched games with me faithfully. Proudly owned an IU hat signed by Damon Bailey. Met a great guy in Bloomington and married 7 years ago. Blessed us with two beautiful grandchildren. He's a Silicon Valley techster making a lot of money but has little interest in sports in general, much less IU.

Steering the young ones to the Cream and Crimson and helping them maintain their allegiance is a lifelong endeavor!

As always. Love hearing stories like this. Well , at least the part about your daughter. LOL   Thanks for sharing. 

I really like Deron’s game.  Thought he would be huge for the team this year but without consistent guard play was not happening.  Hate to hear of the injury in Practice. However HE was not playing up to his potential prior to the injury. We can point to some “dings” in prior games but WE are all fooling ourselves that those were holding him back and we can keep making excuses as many above have but it comes down to effort.  He could be a beast as we saw with Duke or a “college player” as we have seen more often. I hope as many of us do that he will come back with more CONSISTENT fire when healthy to lead us back to the top. 

Anyone who did not turn the sound off during the televised Wisconsin game.... would have heard Dakich ragging on De'Ron.  Saying that he was limping in practice. And that no body cares. Well, that should have been our tip off that there were issues prior to the Wisconsin game.  Quite obvious to me, at least.... that De'Ron was attempting to practice and play through some issues. And they were very recent, based on what Dakich was complaining about. 

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Anyone who did not turn the sound off during the televised Wisconsin game.... would have heard Dakich ragging on De'Ron.  Saying that he was limping in practice. And that no body cares. Well, that should have been our tip off that there were issues prior to the Wisconsin game.  Quite obvious to me, at least.... that De'Ron was attempting to practice and play through some issues. And they were very recent, based on what Dakich was complaining about. 

Yep. You would think that a guy who advertises there's always a back story would instead of reaming a kid say maybe the injury is real. Photo popped up on twitter this morning. He's in a walking boot. That part doesn't bother me much because Bryant was in a walking boot his entire Soph year. What bothered me was the cane. Wish him a speedy recovery. Contrary to some like Dakich...we need Davis healthy soon. 

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

So he was definitely hurt before Thursday yet we claim he got hurt Thursday in practice.

So if I'm reading your suggestion is that somehow we i.e. IU didn't announce he was hurt when he was originally hurt? If in fact that's the suggestion I can tell you there are many factors that go into disclosing whether a kid is a hurt or not. Many of them aren't up to the staff. 

IU and it's fans need a win. Hope everyone enjoys the game!

With Penn St and Northwestern coming up I think we catch a little break. Not necessarily the biggest of opponents so I think playing Smith will be just fine. Depending on DD injury or severity we could sit him out this week at home and at Sparty next week (not winning up there) and give DD more than 2 Full Weeks of rest of before 1/22 home game vs Maryland?

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

With Penn St and Northwestern coming up I think we catch a little break. Not necessarily the biggest of opponents so I think playing Smith will be just fine. Depending on DD injury or severity we could sit him out this week at home and at Sparty next week (not winning up there) and give DD more than 2 Full Weeks of rest of before 1/22 home game vs Maryland?

That is exactly the way I would be thinking.  Unless some other unforseen injury forces DD to return?

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

DD had a non-contact injury, right? I don't think he will be back this season. 

Didn't Dakich say during the game Davis wouldn't be back this year? Impossible to tell if that was because he knew something or if he was just talking out of his butt, but I'm not really expecting him back this season either.

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Didn't Dakich say during the game Davis wouldn't be back this year? Impossible to tell if that was because he knew something or if he was just talking out of his butt, but I'm not really expecting him back this season either.

Thanks. I didn't hear that. Bar that we watched game at was pretty loud. Wow...darn. 

31 minutes ago, Dr. Jones said:

Was that lack of official announcement last year a coach Crean decision or an Administration decision?

Medical and HIPPA laws prohibit certain things. I can only tell you that I've heard Crean and medical staff had a very tenuous relationship at best. Argued plenty. Ultimately though I think this was a CH decision not to disclose. Maybe someone else can contribute what they heard. 

Archived