Minnesota Pregame Thread

53 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Hoosiers will rally to a 76-65 win!  

You're still around! Post count has been down recently. Thought maybe you were a specter... ghost of board's pastB|

15 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

You're still around! Post count has been down recently. Thought maybe you were a specter... ghost of board's pastB|

I'm still here!  I have a new job and moved out to Phoenix.  Family just got here 3 weeks ago.  Thanks for noticing!  

Oh, and team's performance makes it hard for me to post without breaking the rules.😁

Sad to say this but I don't see any evidence this team will win against ANYONE.  Play against Duke and ND appear to be fool's gold.  I just want to see players playing giving effort, showing some degree of BB IQ, and intensity.  I don't care if they are all walk ons.  I no longer care about W's or L's this season it's a write off.  Let's get the underclassmen some game experience and prepared for next year.  I simply cannot tolerate anymore ISU, IFPW, or Wisky performances nor the lame excuses post game!   Cannot believe I buy season tickets to be subjected to such pathetic play.  

Rant over.  Looking forward to next year.

Based on the fight I saw out of this team in the second half against Wisky, I'm expecting a double digit loss and hoping it's not a 20+ blowout. I have very little faith they can give anywhere close to 40 minutes of intense and intelligent basketball in a Big Ten road game, especially at the barn with an up and coming Minny program. 

18 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

Sad to say this but I don't see any evidence this team will win against ANYONE.  Play against Duke and ND appear to be fool's gold.  I just want to see players playing giving effort, showing some degree of BB IQ, and intensity.  I don't care if they are all walk ons.  I no longer care about W's or L's this season it's a write off.  Let's get the underclassmen some game experience and prepared for next year.  I simply cannot tolerate anymore ISU, IFPW, or Wisky performances nor the lame excuses post game!   Cannot believe I buy season tickets to be subjected to such pathetic play.  

Rant over.  Looking forward to next year.

I'm in my early 40's and for the first time I'm feeling deflated. Not because I discount the recruiting class Archie has coming in. I don't. It's a good one. It's just the thought that this season is going nowhere. Next year we'll hear about how young they are,etc...I've got frickin 37 years involved of watching and remembering. I'm tired of being asked to be patient. 

My rant is over too. 

Well I'm watching Virginia and they were terrible the first couple years under Bennett.   They've been rolling ever since.  Turgeon took the Aggies to 4 straight tourneys and then was terrible his first few years at Maryland.  They've been solid since.  These transitions take time. Have patience. 

36 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well I'm watching Virginia and they were terrible the first couple years under Bennett.   They've been rolling ever since.  Turgeon took the Aggies to 4 straight tourneys and then was terrible his first few years at Maryland.  They've been solid since.  These transitions take time. Have patience. 

I totally agree with you. Just need a good catharsis once in a while!

43 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm in my early 40's and for the first time I'm feeling deflated. Not because I discount the recruiting class Archie has coming in. I don't. It's a good one. It's just the thought that this season is going nowhere. Next year we'll hear about how young they are,etc...I've got frickin 37 years involved of watching and remembering. I'm tired of being asked to be patient. 

My rant is over too. 

As I stated to hoosier, sometimes as fans we just need a good catharsis!  I have 20yrs on you watching IUBB so at least I have a lot of fond memories of teams past under CBK.  Just long for a return to quality BB.  I always tell my wife I'm done watching these guys.  She just ignores me knowing I'll still be tuning in no matter my rants.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

And Sean Miller won what what was it 16 games his first year at Zona, and Archie had a bad record his first two years at Dayton and then led them to 4 straight tourney appearances. A little patience isn't a bad thing.

Archived