Minnesota post game thread

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now just have to sustain this effort game in and game out.  Love seeing the team rebound from that pathetic loss to Wisconsin.  Attacked the glass, swarming defense, finally shot the ball well from deep.  

As much as I hate to say it, this team might be better without DeRon.  Juwan can more than hold his own at the 5.  Looks like we were right about Smith needing more minutes, and great to see Rob finally have a great game.  And last but not least, thanks to Lil’ Ricky for drawing up that GENIUS play at the end of the game.

Good to see some fight from the boys when they could have laid down at a few points in the game.  Hope that the competitiveness we saw tonight shows up for the next game.  Still too ugly too often, but great effort tonight.  I also loved seeing Justin Smith show out. 

9 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

As much as I hate to say it, this team might be better without DeRon.  Juwan can more than hold his own at the 5.  Looks like we were right about Smith needing more minutes, and great to see Rob finally have a great game.  

Just came back here to post something similar. When JBJ got hurt a couple of years ago in opened the door for more minutes for Morgan and OG and we were better with them. We might be better with Smith playing more. I do hate to see Davis hurt though. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I'd like to see the guys who gave us no chance in this game come out and applaud! 

Good W and hopefully a turning point (or another turning point vbg).

Smith can play some ball.

I understand everybody has there own way of being a fan, but I'm with you on the mystery of those who seem to set up the team with unrealistic predictions and then don't give the team credit when credit is due, or complain when they meet their low expectations?

GO IU!

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I'd like to see the guys who gave us no chance in this game come out and applaud! 

Good W and hopefully a turning point (or another turning point vbg).

Smith can play some ball.

I was one who had to rant in the pregame thread that that this team showed no evidence it could compete and win today.  All I asked for was players on the court who would show some passion, BB IQ, and effort and I didn't care who was going to supply it.  I also said I have given up expecting W's and I have. 

Summary:  

1.  Asked for effort-check

2. Asked for some semblance of BB IQ-check

3.  Asked for players who showed effort-check

4.  Didn't ask for nor expect a W-Unbeliveable Bonus

Happy to eat some crow tonight.  Happy with W.  REALLY HAPPY for Smith's coming out party tonight.

Now CAM rinse and repeat!

Archived