Minnesota post game thread

9 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I'd like to see the guys who gave us no chance in this game come out and applaud! 

Good W and hopefully a turning point (or another turning point vbg).

Smith can play some ball.

I was one of those. I ate my crow on the game thread. I never thought they had a chance but they proved me wrong. I was impressed with Johnson, Morgan and especially Justin Smith. McRoberts played his usual good game even though he didn't score. Hopefully the Hoosiers build on this momentum. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

Hey Mile,

Add to that Ol Roy and UNC going down to UVA and the air just smells a little sweeter like after a spring rain doesn't it?  VBG!

Did not follow the UNC game.... though I had an opportunity to. Instead, watched Fort Wayne make a fool of the University of Denver.  But good to know about UNC... thanks !

Talking about Spring air... we have had Spring weather in Denver for the past week, while the Midwest and East suffers in frigid temps.  Plus expecting close to 60 or over temps in the days to come..... amazing.

3 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Had not noticed this mentioned due to the big 3 playing so well, but here is McRoberts Stat Line.  31 min, 7 rebs, 3 ast, 4 Steals, 0 to.  That was a huge help as well.

He also had a few floor burns! Dude hit the deck a few times as usual! I really love this kid!

30 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Just came back here to post something similar. When JBJ got hurt a couple of years ago in opened the door for more minutes for Morgan and OG and we were better with them. We might be better with Smith playing more. I do hate to see Davis hurt though. 

Morgan is almost the perfect small ball 5.  He can hold his own defensively against pretty much any big, and he’s obviously a beast in the paint.  Can also handle the ball and, if his performance tonight is any indication, he may be finding his stroke from deep as well.  We can get up and down the floor much better with him at the 5, and Smith might be able to provide us with some of the scoring punch we’ve been missing.  Will be interesting to see if they can keep this up.

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Did not follow the UNC game.... though I had an opportunity to. Instead, watched Fort Wayne make a fool of the University of Denver.  But good to know about UNC... thanks !

Talking about Spring air... we have had Spring weather in Denver for the past week, while the Midwest and East suffers in frigid temps.  Plus expecting close to 60 or over temps in the days to come..... amazing.

Thanks as well for your info.  Had not checked on IPFW yet tonight.  Will be going to some games later this  month.  Would be glad to trade for your weather.  Barely making 0 around here this week.  You're even warmer than the place we go in Florida.  You should thank God for Global Warming!

8 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

Thanks as well for your info.  Had not checked on IPFW yet tonight.  Will be going to some games later this  month.  Would be glad to trade for your weather.  Barely making 0 around here this week.  You're even warmer than the place we go in Florida.  You should thank God for Global Warming!

It's crazy. And I feel for you with the cold weather.  Just checked.  It is 6:30 p.m. and I Home Google is telling me that it is 57 degrees at my house.

Now... having said that.... March and April are traditionally the snowiest months in Denver. 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

It's crazy. And I feel for you with the cold weather.  Just checked.  It is 6:30 p.m. and I Home Google is telling me that it is 57 degrees at my house.

Now... having said that.... March and April are traditionally the snowiest months in Denver. 

A balmy 5 degrees in Angola. Supposed to warm up tomorrow. Still not above freezing though 

1 minute ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

A balmy 5 degrees in Angola. Supposed to warm up tomorrow. Still not above freezing though 

Oh man.  I feel for you guys.  I really do.

Even when it gets that cold in Denver.... it does not feel as cold as the Midwest.  Due to the fact that our humidity is normally so low.  Zero degrees here.... and I am grilling out at night with my shorts on..... no, really !

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Oh man.  I feel for you guys.  I really do.

Even when it gets that cold in Denver.... it does not feel as cold as the Midwest.  Due to the fact that our humidity is normally so low.  Zero degrees here.... and I am grilling out at night with my shorts on..... no, really !

I grilled out on New Years Eve. Steaks and about 3 degrees. My favorite time of year to cook out. Love seeing the stars on a crisp winter night 

And Dakich.  With another Willow Tree blowing in the wind color game analysis.  Last game... we were terrible, according to him.  Minnesota game, we were great. 

Said it for years, and tonight he once again confirmed it.... which ever the wind is blowing. 

Just now, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I grilled out on New Years Eve. Steaks and about 3 degrees. My favorite time of year to cook out. Love seeing the stars on a crisp winter night 

I am with you.  The great moon at the beginning of the month was fantastic to grill under.  Got another one, that I am looking forward to at the end of January. 

Caveat.  I have no favorite time of the year to grill out.  I love it all year long.  But I agree with you... there is something special about grilling out in the winter, when during the summer it is still daylight. 

Really nice win. Johnson and Morgan were studs. I've been calling for Smith to play more for a while, great to see him take advantage. And McRoberts continues to grow as the defense / dirty work guy. We're going to need him to start shooting the ball, but he did everything else really well tonight. Great job tonight, hope we can build on this going forward.

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

And Dakich.  With another Willow Tree blowing in the wind color game analysis.  Last game... we were terrible, according to him.  Minnesota game, we were great. 

Said it for years, and tonight he once again confirmed it.... which ever the wind is blowing. 

To be fair, last game we actually were terrible, and this game, we were great.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Minus 1 in Portage, Michigan. I am jealous my friend. This cold is cramping my style. lol

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I'd like to see the guys who gave us no chance in this game come out and applaud! 

Good W and hopefully a turning point (or another turning point vbg).

Smith can play some ball.

I recall a lot of guys being critical of the team's play against Wisconsin (and rightfully so).  I do not recall seeing where anyone came out and said we had no hope of winning this game. 

Archived