Minnesota post game thread

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the game . Sloppy, Sloppy play again in the first half. Missed 20 lay ups at least. Thank god for Richard Pitino being the worst coach in basketball or this thread is totally different. Hate it for DeRon that he was hurt but maybe he watches and learns what it is to play hard. He was not missed at all, which is sad to say. Good for Justin Smith, kid is going to be a star and has a long future a head of him. Some great sets from CAM, loved the screens and cuts. The flex offense still works. Much better than the pick and roll or pick and pop game of today. Not even going to talk about RJ until he puts a couple games together without laying a turd in between. Someone needs to step up at the point. We have no one at the moment I trust to get it done.

Any win on the road is a good one. Lets snowball it.

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Just watched the game . Sloppy, Sloppy play again in the first half. Missed 20 lay ups at least. Thank god for Richard Pitino being the worst coach in basketball or this thread is totally different. Hate it for DeRon that he was hurt but maybe he watches and learns what it is to play hard. He was not missed at all, which is sad to say. Good for Justin Smith, kid is going to be a star and has a long future a head of him. Some great sets from CAM, loved the screens and cuts. The flex offense still works. Much better than the pick and roll or pick and pop game of today. Not even going to talk about RJ until he puts a couple games together without laying a turd in between. Someone needs to step up at the point. We have no one at the moment I trust to get it done.

Would love to see a lineup with Davis, Morgan and Smith and Davis having that Duke fire. Maybe this game will inspire Davis.  He has the game to succeed. 

2 hours ago, FWIUFan said:

Not being argumentative. As they say perception is reality.  I would also agree with you that it doesn't seem to be in Rojo's nature to show any emotion and that has brought what I think is some unfair criticism his way. In the case of the Wiscy game the players themselves stated they did not arrive focused and ready to play in their post game interviews supporting my criticism.  I agreed that we were showing continued improvement thru the ND game.  Then the IPFW and Wiscy debacles erased that perception.  Perhaps Minny W is a turning point.  Only time will tell.  I hope a lot of what we would call "not passing the eye test" is players learning to perform in CAM's system and that it is a result of indecision and lack of fluid play that results.  Those things will improve with time.  Everyone on this board wants the same thing.  A team that plays fundamentally sound BB with grit and determination.

Absolutely, my friend, I agree with you.

There’s also the issue that effort a focus is fluid. 95% effort is pretty good, but, if in the 5% the mistake(s) is/are crucial, it’s all the more evident.

Even so, I see more effort than slacking, what has been glaring to me when we are bad is low basketball IQ-related stuff. Yesterday, I saw guys absolutely SPRINTING from crashing positions to the perimeter on kick outs...that is something relatively new that made me very happy.

That said, they are learning things. Learning individually and then, as a team.

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

I don't think it's crazy to think next season that Morgan and Smith can make up the best front court in the B1G. The question is, will our guards be enough better than they are this season to help us make a big leap?

7 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I also find it funny that the people causing the most issues with other poster are the admins of this site.  Its getting ridiculous.

Slow down there my friend. HH can think for himself just like you and I. He has a right as a long time mod and poster to say what ever he wants. If you think this place is ridiculous see your way out. You have other options for IU news. We put this together for long time friends to have a place to talk IU not to get bashed for our views because they may be different from yours. HH and I think differently on a lot of things IU but I will defend his right to have them. No one noticed, by I just stepped away from the board for awhile because it was getting to be to much, maybe you might try the same.

16 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Slow down there my friend. HH can think for himself just like you and I. He has a right as a long time mod and poster to say what ever he wants. If you think this place is ridiculous see your way out. You have other options for IU news. We put this together for long time friends to have a place to talk IU not to get bashed for our views because they may be different from yours. HH and I think differently on a lot of things IU but I will defend his right to have them. No one noticed, by I just stepped away from the board for awhile because it was getting to be to much, maybe you might try the same.

I'm glad you're back Kev!

9 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I also find it funny that the people causing the most issues with other poster are the admins of this site.  Its getting ridiculous.

This post has some age to it.  How many sites would have removed such critical words of site admins in short order.  The fact this post remains tells us of the freedoms we have at this wonderful site.  I salute, respect and appreciate the admins for the site they run and their oft times light banter.  It very much feels like friends and family here.

I believe you asked me to hold your beer before you posted that.  I'm afraid I finished your IPA, please forgive me. 

Stick around friend, its going to be an interesting season.

This is a great road win and more importantly Rob had a breakout game, which our team desperately needs. Hopefully, he got some of his confidence back. Our team goes as Rob goes; he and Juwan need to be our offensive one-two punch, then it'll be easier for guys like Hartman and Smith to score and be a 3rd offensive option. 

10 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Guys, Hoopster is a glass full kind of guy.  You will never get a good discussion out of him or a glass always empty kind of person.  They don't understand the concept of looking at the game and seeing bad, whether we win or lose.  They can't fathom that a fan would look at a game and be completely disappointed with the team and then turn around be happy with the same team 2 days later with a win.  They always see the good or the bad in a team no matter what.  Just ignore him and move on.  Once everyone does this, they can have conversations with themselves. 

Relax there.  He's fine and makes valid points. 

11 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Really? So, if you want to play that game, let me.list all the admins here.....

Blue

Indykev

HoosierHoopster

Mile

HoosierFaithful

Crester

And we recently added DJ

So, since you said "the people" that cause problems.....

Look at that list and tell me what problems those "people" are causing

.That list of people.include folks that have worked for a very.long tome to keep an IU forum up and running, for free. A lot of time volunteering and spending their own money..

A free site where you feel "free" to cast stones at the exact ones that provide the forum to you and others.

Look, if you have a problem with a mod, handle it behind the scenes. If this place is too "ridiculous" for you, realize you are free to take your ungrateful ass somewhere else.

8 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

You are free to take your ungrateful ass somewhere else.

One thing I've always wondered about is why we never talk about a 'grateful' ass.  It's always an ungrateful one?

I mean, if you gave a hungry donkey some fresh barley to eat, wouldn't it be 'grateful'?

Likewise, if you find a horny donkey a girlfriend, would he not be grateful?

For whatever reason, donkeys are always made out to be ungrateful.  It's got to be tough being an ass in the world.   

23 hours ago, FWIUFan said:

Just for the record.  My complaints have not been that we have no talent.  In fact just the opposite.  We have shown when they play within the system, exercise good BB IQ, minimize TO's, and play determined smart defense we can compete with anyone.  See Duke and ND.  My complaints have been about effort, determination, grit, and pride of being a Hoosier.  These are all qualities we as fans should expect. These are the qualities that make me a IUBB Fan for all these years. The W's will take care of themselves if we perform as we should.

I agree.  My comneny was not directed an anyone just as a feel like others have said that after losses everyone is terrible players coaches trainers etc.. after wins thr feel is polar opposite.  I was just making light of it.   IMO the talent is good enough if we play with heart and deterministion. . 

16 hours ago, Indykev said:

My bff is back. I feel complete again! 😉

Archived