More impressive win for our Hoosiers ?

17 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

And the reason or reasons why.

Notre Dame or Minnesota ?

Keep in mind there are no right or wrong answers.  Just want to hear what HSN 3.0 thinks. 

Minnesota because it was on the road and a place where we have lost a lot with better teams.  Also we were without two players and played short handed.

Hard to say. As of today I would say ND because it was more of a “national” win. ND was ranked and it was a neutral court sort of showcase type of win. I’d reserve the right to change my mind if the Minny win, with RoJo and Smith breaking out, turns into some type of season turning win where we go on a Big Ten run and finish strong. Remains to be seen. 

I'm BGleas on this one. As this was a national game, beating ND not only was a great win for the program but it also was a great commercial for Archie and the program to current and future recruits. 

You guys are great !  Love each and every one of your responses.  And can't wait to hear from more members.

This is what I love about HSN 3.0.  Great discussions. Great debates. And Great members offering up their thoughts in a civil manner with no concern that they will get attacked for offering up their thoughts. Rest assured, each and every mod keeps a keen eye out for personal attacks.... unlike what I have seen recently being allowed on some other IU fan boards.

You guys and gals have my pledge, that I and the rest of this mod team will continue to work hard to make this a place where you can always share your thoughts and opinions as you have done so far in this thread.  And on top of that, you have my personal pledge to keep this fan board free of pop up ad's, ad's of any type, membership fees or requests for money just to keep this fan board alive.  Greatest thing we did in reinventing HSN was to get away from all of that. 

26 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

You guys are great !  Love each and every one of your responses.  And can't wait to hear from more members.

This is what I love about HSN 3.0.  Great discussions. Great debates. And Great members offering up their thoughts in a civil manner with no concern that they will get attacked for offering up their thoughts. Rest assured, each and every mod keeps a keen eye out for personal attacks.... unlike what I have seen recently being allowed on some other IU fan boards.

You guys and gals have my pledge, that I and the rest of this mod team will continue to work hard to make this a place where you can always share your thoughts and opinions as you have done so far in this thread.  And on top of that, you have my personal pledge to keep this fan board free of pop up ad's, ad's of any type, membership fees or requests for money just to keep this fan board alive.  Greatest thing we did in reinventing HSN was to get away from all of that. 

Mile,

This is the first fan board I have actually participated in.  I truly enjoy the discussions and the perspicacity:) of many of the participants.  KUDO"S to you and all who make this possible.  Terrific job.

43 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

This post almost makes me want to stand up and salute!!!   9_9

38 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

Mile,

This is the first fan board I have actually participated in.  I truly enjoy the discussions and the perspicacity:) of many of the participants.  KUDO"S to you and all who make this possible.  Terrific job.

Thank you sir. For your kind words.  And the fact this is the first fan board you have participated in... proves to us, that we are doing something right.  And our mission is continue to do so. 

Thanks for being a member

I'm going to be a rebel and go with Iowa.

I know they aren't very good this year, but that is our best team win to date.

Against ND, Juwan Morgan had the hand of God up his a$$ the last 10 minutes.  He was unbelievable and carried the team to the win.

Against Minn, RoJo and Smith both had career highs.  Both of those wins were led by individuals and not the team.  Pitino also sucks, and I think Minnesota is going to fall off the face of the Earth the rest of the season.

I want to see another win like Iowa but against a better team.

In the Iowa game, we had

Morgan - 15 pts, 10 rebounds

Davis - 13, 6, 4 blocks

Hartman - 13, 5, 2 assists

Green - 12, 4 assists, 2 TO

RoJo - 9, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 TO

Team totals - 

Blocks - 6

Steals - 11

Turnovers - 10

I'm going to differentiate between 'impressive' and 'important.  I think Notre Dame was clearly the more impressive win.  We just played better in that game and Notre Dame was the better team even before Minnesota became short-handed.  As far as 'important' is concerned, I think that's debatable.  Conference road wins are always gold, but so are nationally televised games against name-brand opponents.

57 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Just trying to interject a little levity in an otherwise trying season Mile.

Appreciate what you mods do, even the grumpy one(s)

I admit to being a man.  As well as admitting to being old.  I refuse to admitting to admitting being a grumpy old man..... LOL.

Even as trying as this season has been..... I have really been attempted to be as positive as one can be.

Understanding that our players are real people, with families and feelings of their own.  And knowing, first hand that they do in fact read our board. (P.M's are my friend).

Allowing and understanding the frustrations. But not participating.

Not picking on you.... just making sure, where our members understand in terms of me.     OK.. Taking my Crimson glasses off for now.  LOL

Notre Dame will look better on resume as season goes on but I'll stick with Minnesota. A road win changes mindsets of players. Having 2 key players out and win on the road after a deflating loss vs Wisconsin. Huge for this team. 1st year coach,etc...reinforces what they guys are hearing will work if they do it.

Now we come home. Students back. AH will be amped up for the first time in well over a month. 

Archived