Justin Smith

38 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I really like Smith too. I've said this before, but I can't wait to see a lineup that has Smith, Hunter and Anderson (room for Langford too if he makes the right call :D) in it all together. Reminds me of the teams Matta had at OSU when he really had it rolling where he always seemed to have 3-4 players on the court together that were 6'6" to 6'8" and all long, athletic and skilled. 

Yes, i am completely ready for next season with a different class of players.  I hope Langford decides to come here, although i doubt it.  I think with him, we're a team you better not overlook.

52 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I really like Smith too. I've said this before, but I can't wait to see a lineup that has Smith, Hunter and Anderson (room for Langford too if he makes the right call :D) in it all together. Reminds me of the teams Matta had at OSU when he really had it rolling where he always seemed to have 3-4 players on the court together that were 6'6" to 6'8" and all long, athletic and skilled. 

One of my favorite teams to watch was the 89 Illinois team that went to the final.  I got to see them at the RCA Dome in the first/second round of the tournament and they were very entertaining to watch.  All of their starters were between 6'4 and 6'7 and they did not have any big men but still could rebound well.

Minny was the third game Smith got over 25 minutes. He is averaging 15 and 6 in those three games (no single-digit scoring games with over 25 minutes).  I think it's pretty clear he is a guy who makes an impact when he gets a lot of minutes and I'd expect him to continue to play a lot going forward.  

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Minny was the third game Smith got over 25 minutes. He is averaging 15 and 6 in those three games (no single-digit scoring games with over 25 minutes).  I think it's pretty clear he is a guy who makes an impact when he gets a lot of minutes and I'd expect him to continue to play a lot going forward.  

I agree, i think the more confidence and playing time he gets, the better he is going to be.  I could see him as a double double guy by the end of the season if he plays 30 min each game

19 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Given this information, I'm curious as to what was keeping Smith on the bench.  I would say Archie has a reluctance to start freshmen, but that would not be true because Durham quickly worked his way into the starting lineup, and still maintained good minutes after he came back to the bench.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Given this information, I'm curious as to what was keeping Smith on the bench.  I would say Archie has a reluctance to start freshmen, but that would not be true because Durham quickly worked his way into the starting lineup, and still maintained good minutes after he came back to the bench.

I'm guessing his aggressiveness. Always seemed to play passive, bad when he was aggressive, he got called for charges and defensive fouls. Looked more controlled against Minnesota. 

On 1/8/2018 at 2:43 PM, BGleas said:

Are you saying Phinisee isn't a stud pg? 

He's not Mike Conley, but he's ranked right around where Aaron Craft was coming out of high school. 

He's ranked right about where Armon Bassett was and he was pretty good too and that was with lots of drug use.  I know we don't have to worry about that with Rob.

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He's ranked right about where Armon Bassett was and he was pretty good too and that was with lots of drug use.  I know we don't have to worry about that with Rob.

I always liked Bassett on court. I would be thrilled if he was at that level. Bassett played well as a freshman too if I remember correctly. 

Archived