Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have never played fantasy sports and really have no clue how it works.  With this new job I don't have as much time to devote to sports.

Not much time required my friend...you play and I bet you will enjoy it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I have never played fantasy sports and really have no clue how it works.  With this new job I don't have as much time to devote to sports.

Remember when you fantasized about that hot girl in high school?  And, if you were like me, she never even knew who you were.  Well, this isn't quite the same, but you can still feel something stir when you get huge games from your kicker and your flex position to pull out a half a point win against the top team in the league. 

And, the good thing about it is that win stays on the books forever.  That hot girl in high school?  She's old and fat now.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/27/2021 at 11:51 PM, 5fouls said:

Remember when you fantasized about that hot girl in high school?  And, if you were like me, she never even knew who you were.  Well, this isn't quite the same, but you can still feel something stir when you get huge games from your kicker and your flex position to pull out a half a point win against the top team in the league. 

And, the good thing about it is that win stays on the books forever.  That hot girl in high school?  She's old and fat now.

...I married a homecoming queen...and she is still hot....but yeah..she still doesn't give me the time of day 🤣

fantasy football is always there for me!

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do we need to do anything for this or will someone ask for emails and where to send,etc....

One small request if I may. Since this isn't most people's primary fantasy league or leagues....can we choose a draft night that doesn't coincide the Sept 6-8th leading up to first game on 9th of Sept? Hopefully that doesn't come across in poor form but I have 3 other leagues that take priority because of competition and $ involved. Maybe we could do week leading up to Labor Day Weekend? Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Do we need to do anything for this or will someone ask for emails and where to send,etc....

One small request if I may. Since this isn't most people's primary fantasy league or leagues....can we choose a draft night that doesn't coincide the Sept 6-8th leading up to first game on 9th of Sept? Hopefully that doesn't come across in poor form but I have 3 other leagues that take priority because of competition and $ involved. Maybe we could do week leading up to Labor Day Weekend? Thanks!

In answer to your first question, I expect we can do this without emails.  We never share emails when we do the annual March Madness brackets.  Yahoo may require one to set up your account with them, but you should be able to hide it from the league members.  My Yahoo account is so old, I don't recall what they required.

The commissioners can communicate to us about league structure, draft times, etc, through this thread. Also, we want people to use their HSN screen name as their Fantasy team name so that we know who we are competing against.

And, on your final point, I agree with you.  This league is for fun.  And, while we want people to take it seriously enough that they don't field a team of 5 injured players each week (or Mitch Trubitsky), we do understand that many of the players will have other leagues they need to prioritize.  Once we split up our 24 teams into the two leagues, which I am doing very soon, the commissioners can start working with their group of players to find the best draft time-frame, if not the exact date, at least weeks or days of the weeks to avoid.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In answer to your first question, I expect we can do this without emails.  We never share emails when we do the annual March Madness brackets.  Yahoo may require one to set up your account with them, but you should be able to hide it from the league members.  My Yahoo account is so old, I don't recall what they required.

The commissioners can communicate to us about league structure, draft times, etc, through this thread. Also, we want people to use their HSN screen name as their Fantasy team name so that we know who we are competing against.

And, on your final point, I agree with you.  This league is for fun.  And, while we want people to take it seriously enough that they don't field a team of 5 injured players each week (or Mitch Trubitsky), we do understand that many of the players will have other leagues they need to prioritize.  Once we split up our 24 teams into the two leagues, which I am doing very soon, the commissioners can start working with their group of players to find the best draft time-frame, if not the exact date, at least weeks or days of the weeks to avoid.

Awesome. Thanks on all. I haven't checked my Yahoo email in about a decade but can fire it back up. I thought most would think similarly just wanted to throw it out there regarding draft. Thanks for the leg work gang!

• 5fouls changed the title to Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

Quick Update.  Although we are no longer going to promote the two remaining openings, as it stands now, IndyKev and I will be fielding teams in both leagues.  If someone asks to join before the draft, we will try to accommodate (up to 2 spots).  KDB and Kev are starting their discussions on league structure and should have something for us on that soon so that you can begin thinking about your draft strategy.

Using a deck of cards (red/black), I split the group into leagues as follows

League Indiana

@KDB(commissioner)

@5fouls

@Steubenhoosier

@btownqb

@Hoosier51

@KoB2011

@tdhoosier

@Seeking6

@B_A

@BeerBQ

@mrflynn03

@Indykev(second team)

League Hoosiers

@Indykev(commisioner)

@rico

@Billingsley99

@Parakeet Jones

@PAHoosier

@bluegrassIU

@ledies22

@dgambill

@Leathernecks

@NotIThatLives

@Sagamore

@5fouls(second team)

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

How about premiere league and champions league. This year by default, but mostly because @5fouls is in it, his league should be the Champions league.

LET THE TRASH TALKING BEGIN!

I am actually in BOTH leagues this year if we have no more signups.  I get to beat every last one of you, and @Indykevtwice.

image.png.f0442bd7bbdf78601ecd54a6f9af70f3.png

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Two teams? I missed that. I'm definitely going to fear the team your son ends up managing more. haha. 

Yeah.  We had been sitting on 22 teams for about 10 days to 2 weeks, so Kev and I decided we each would field a second team to fill things up, if necessary.  But, if we end up getting others that want to join, our 2nd teams will be replaced.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The commissioners will make the final call on format.  Last discussion I had with them, the lean was to some form of PPR.  But, no promises, just that's what the lean is.

NFL fantasy PPR is the norm...but I know yahoo might be different. With many teams using RB by committee I like the idea of a catch being .5 or 1 pt to add value to 3rd down backs and possession receivers who aren't just TD/deep threats. But it certainly makes a difference in draft value so I look forward to the LEAGUE!

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

NFL fantasy PPR is the norm...but I know yahoo might be different. With many teams using RB by committee I like the idea of a catch being .5 or 1 pt to add value to 3rd down backs and possession receivers who aren't just TD/deep threats. But it certainly makes a difference in draft value so I look forward to the LEAGUE!

Yahoo has all 3 options available (Standard, .5 & 1 pt.).  I would expect it to be one of the latter.  My preference is full point, but I'll defer to what the commissioners decide.  As you stated, ppr adds value to a greater number of players.  With a 12 team league, you need guys like Nyheim Hines and Tarik Cohen to have some value.

• Like 1