Big Ten 2021-2022

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean I hear you, but when you have to get four games in what is the alternative? 

Anything besides starting games at 1030 in the morning for more than half of your conference. Do 3 games today and 3 tomorrow....and do 1, 330, 6, and 830 on Friday. 

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm going to get this complaint out of my system and just deal with it I guess. Whoever thinks morning basketball is a good move should be removed from their position. 1030 start time for the CST folks? 830 for the Left Coast? I think the Big 10 and BTN is making so much $ they just don't care to tweak things or make it better for the consumer. 

For sure get the complaint. But I love it. It feels so "weekend AAU" to me. Get your coffee, get your bagel in you early.... get the gym and lets go!! haha 

I just wish they would shorten the warmups. They don't need 30 mins to warm up lol ... I know that'll never happen though. 

Truly, I just think it adds to the pageantry, but that's just my opinion. Like Saturday for regionals, I think the 10am start is awesome. I know that's a weekend, but still. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anything besides starting games at 1030 in the morning for more than half of your conference. Do 3 games today and 3 tomorrow....and do 1, 330, 6, and 830 on Friday. 

That sounds great in theory, but what happens with B1G refs do their thing and each game takes like 2:20 minutes, then you need the gap between games? You're starting the last game pretty close to 10 by that point. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

That sounds great in theory, but what happens with B1G refs do their thing and each game takes like 2:20 minutes, then you need the gap between games? You're starting the last game pretty close to 10 by that point. 

Rather at 10pm (in the case 4 games all go that long) vs 1030 in the morning. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Rather at 10pm (in the case 4 games all go that long) vs 1030 in the morning. 

I went to the tournament a lot back in the day when it was still the RCA Dome. First game started around 12:15 and the second game a half hour later.  Had about 2.5 hours between sessions.  I usually got out about midnight aftet the fourth game.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I went to the tournament a lot back in the day when it was still the RCA Dome. First game started around 12:15 and the second game a half hour later.  Had about 2.5 hours between sessions.  I usually got out about midnight aftet the fourth game.

Yep. Used to be there right with you. I'm on Eastern time and 1130 isn't the worst I guess but it just seems like there are other options to get the most exposure for our product including the one's I mentioned earlier. Oh well I guess.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Used to be there right with you. I'm on Eastern time and 1130 isn't the worst I guess but it just seems like there are other options to get the most exposure for our product including the one's I mentioned earlier. Oh well I guess.

Do you really think that hour in the morning makes as much difference as the hour at night? Have you seen how this board complains about late tips?