Stories That Make You Shake Your Head At The World

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I just liked her stage name. Pole assassin. 

With a name like that....and a monkey in her act!!! I mean I must have gone to all the wrong strip clubs in my youth lol! Definitely wouldn't be that entertaining!

PS....sounds like the coach found himself a winner though lol.....love my wife to be a pole assassin lol!! Just kidding! Love ya honey...sure thing I'll take out the trash right now!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

With a name like that....and a monkey in her act!!! I mean I must have gone to all the wrong strip clubs in my youth lol! Definitely wouldn't be that entertaining!

PS....sounds like the coach found himself a winner though lol.....love my wife to be a pole assassin lol!! Just kidding! Love ya honey...sure thing I'll take out the trash right now!!

The Satin Lady was your go to I'm guessing?  Daviess and Knox counties finest.  

I never went but have heard enough stories

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The Satin Lady was your go to I'm guessing?  Daviess and Knox counties finest.  

I never went but have heard enough stories

Ha lol...no. I didn't really frequent anything more a joke. My roommates drug me to the Pony in evansville (i think it was something different over 20 years ago) and I was taken to one in Louisville once. I didn't have the money to be doing that stuff....then again....the girls looked cheap so maybe I did belong lol!!

Oh...there was some girls from 6th Ave in Terre Haute that would come into my work back in the day...very late at night...and mean and hateful...but I'd be p!ssy too if I'd been groped by drunk guys all night and take it out on the nearest nice guy I saw lol.

Edited by dgambill

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

there was some girls from 6th Ave in Terre Haute that would come into my work back in the day

The club at 6th avenue and Lafayette? I had an old spinster aunt that lived catty-corner to that club...she had a few good tales to tell!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

The club at 6th avenue and Lafayette? I had an old spinster aunt that lived catty-corner to that club...she had a few good tales to tell!

Never been in there…but when I first started out working after college for a drug chain I worked 3rd shift. After midnight the POS system needs reset for the next day…literally takes 90 seconds. At around 2am I started it. Stripper comes up with like a red bull and Doritos and a loaf of bread probably on her way home from the club…I didn’t see her come around the corner…tell her it will be just one minute I apologize…she proceeds to go ape sh!t crazy cursing about she is tired of the is BS throwing bread and chips at me and storms out of the store lol. The am crew arrived and im talking to my boss In the Office and the front cashier calls back and asks why their was a piece of bread behind the register lol. I thought I got it all lol.

Lot of crazy stuff happened at that job lol…learned a lot. Did meet Marvin Harrison and Gary Bracket and several other Colts in the middle of the night picking up stuff when they had training camp at Rose Hulman. I missed out on Peyton coming in but it was cool seeing those guys…and I couldn’t believe how small Marvin was…both he and Gary didn’t look big enough to play NFL.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

I just saw the story about what happened in Houston... at AstroWorld complex.  A music festival and people dying because a huge crowd moves out of control and crushes those at the front.  How stupid and predictable that history repeats itself like this.  1979 in Cincinnati eleven people die as a crowd pushes forward to gain entry to a Who concert with festival seating.

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

I just saw the story about what happened in Houston... at AstroWorld complex.  A music festival and people dying because a huge crowd moves out of control and crushes those at the front.  How stupid and predictable that history repeats itself like this.  1979 in Cincinnati eleven people die as a crowd pushes forward to gain entry to a Who concert with festival seating.

Was just reading about this. Brutal and unnecessary, but honestly surprised it doesn’t happen more often. It should never happen, but crowds sometimes act in ways they shouldn’t and it’s hard to reverse. 

3 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Very sad and tragic...my prayers to the affected families...

I went to a boatload of concerts in the mid 70s, almost all with festival seating...the only time I saw an issue was at a Kiss concert in, I think it was 76 at Market Square arena...I was upfront, and had to extend my arms to brace against the stage (the fence where security sat maybe 7 feet in front of the stage had already given up the ghost) and security had hopped up on stage and started pulling people who were getting crushed against the stage out...I never got pulled out but there were a couple of times I was paranoid about getting crushed...maybe lasted about 5 minutes before people started moving back...

2nd most freakish thing I ever saw at a concert...first was at a Bob Welch/Styx concert at the Indiana State Fair (1978?) where there was some bad acid going around up front...EMT musta carried 15 people past us that night...

Edited by IUFLA

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

Was just reading about this. Brutal and unnecessary, but honestly surprised it doesn’t happen more often. It should never happen, but crowds sometimes act in ways they shouldn’t and it’s hard to reverse. 

Experienced the pain of the Who tragedy as my brother's stepson was one of the eleven youngsters who died.  He was eighteen.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

This makes me shake my head in a positive way. 105 year old women sets world record in 100M dash well maybe not dash but at 105 what do you expect. 39 seconds not bad. Keep it up Grandma!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/105-old-woman-sets-100-135354851.html

Has the makings of a pay per view match race against Usain Bolt.

• Like 1

This is a bit older story but it is just so SMH bad...at least it isn't our country that is this dumb....but it wouldn't surprise me to have it happen here.  Stamps in Spain to celebrate equality after George Floyd...should take two seconds for a competent person to pick out the problem with this... https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/28/world/europe/spain-stamps-racism.html 

stamps.jpg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

This is a bit older story but it is just so SMH bad...at least it isn't our country that is this dumb....but it wouldn't surprise me to have it happen here.  Stamps in Spain to celebrate equality after George Floyd...should take two seconds for a competent person to pick out the problem with this... https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/28/world/europe/spain-stamps-racism.html 

stamps.jpg

Wait.  The value is based on tone?

What the hell is wrong with people?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

stamps.jpg

Wow...that deserves this...

Facepalm.gif.00afe602ae7457a8a0dc403d58539f1f.gif

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Which wife is that of yours? Lol!

That woman is clearly a basket case. 

When it comes to marriage I'm one and done. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

This for sure.  What in the hell is wrong with some people?  In front of a 5 month old.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2021/11/former-jets-running-back-brutally-attacks-ex-girlfriend-in-violent-assault-caught-on-video-report-says.html

Not nearly enough words in the English vocabulary to describe what should happen to that worthless POS. I am a firm innocent until proven but that video is very telling. Absolutely sickening. I hope he gets the opportunity to find out in prison just how tough he is

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

This for sure.  What in the hell is wrong with some people?  In front of a 5 month old.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2021/11/former-jets-running-back-brutally-attacks-ex-girlfriend-in-violent-assault-caught-on-video-report-says.html

I'm afraid to even click on it and watch. Just scares me as the father to a beautiful little girl. I pray pray hard every night that God provide her a good man! Life will undoubtedly be difficult and you can't control it...but if you have the right partner to take it on....I really think you can handle just about anything.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1