IU W Over PSU Post Game Thread

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

He had two team turnovers in addition to his four individual turnovers.  He had an absolutely atrocious game, I have no idea what you were watching.  And before you mention his defense, Carr went off for 28.

Basketball isn't a game of 1 on 1. You know that. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Just because he didn't have 28, 7, 7 doesn't mean he was bad. You guys would seriously watch that game and say RJ played bad that game... seriously?

Yeah I would, 4 turnovers, plus the ball in his hand for 2 team turnovers which are not added to anyone's stat line.  The guy he was supposed to be guarding scored scored 28 points, in fact it got so bad McRoberts was put on Carr because Rojo had no answer for him.  He took at least 2 plain dumb shots.  The only thing he did well today was rebound and make his 3 free throw attempts.  I am sorry but I hold a 4 year starter to a little higher standard than 3-13, 5 rebounds 2 assists 2 steals and 4 turnovers.  He also made a couple really poor decisions late in the game and allowed Carr to step right into a 3 late in the game giving PSU hope.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Basketball isn't a game of 1 on 1. You know that. 

I get that, but his defense is literally the only thing you could point to in that game that he did “fine.”  And when he is tasked with shutting down the other team’s best guard because he is (admittedly) our best perimeter defender, and that guard goes for 28, it’s hard to say he played very good defense either.

52 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

There are gonna be people complaining about RoJo in here...I thought he played fine. Green provided more positive than negative.

I wish Smith could have stayed out of foul trouble. He was rendered a complete non-factor.

Two games in, I still believe we are better without Davis.

You think Rojo played fine? He had four of the nine turnovers and shot 3-13 (1-7 from three). More concerning to me was the idiot decision to drive the lane at the end of the game instead of pull it out (the one where review showed it went out on him). I can deal with off nights shooting, but the bonehead plays from a senior are unacceptable. With that said, I like the way this team plays. Archie seems to thrive when he’s short handed. You can tell there’s a purpose on offense and defense, unlike last year. I thought PSU was more talented, but we showed up (except Rojo).

I listened to most of the game on the radio.  I caught the last 8 minutes or so on TV at the house.  Pitiful from what I watched.  I will watch the game in the morn but IMO Rob damn near gave the thing away.  And once again, my opinion, he is the worst 4 year starter I have ever seen in my lifetime that wore the candy stripes.

Enjoyed the game. I like wins where a key player like Rob is having an off night. Thought this win showed us more than the Minnesota win. Seems the team I becoming tougher. 

My one complaint is the continued sloppiness passing around the arc. We had I think at least 3 times...McBob did it twice...where we are just moving it around and opponent jumps the passing lane. Tonight, it didn’t hurt us because we recovered, but other nights they have gone to the opposition. I think we act as if those are free passing lanes. Just need better focus there. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Was it the careless turnovers or the poor shooting that gave you that sense?

Maybe it was his D (you know, commented on several times by the announcers), his ball movement, his hustle, or you know, the fact that he helped us win. He did not have a stellar game as noted above, but it's fair to say he was fine. Or maybe those of us who watched and saw that are just clueless.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I get that, but his defense is literally the only thing you could point to in that game that he did “fine.”  And when he is tasked with shutting down the other team’s best guard because he is (admittedly) our best perimeter defender, and that guard goes for 28, it’s hard to say he played very good defense either.

If you watched the game, I'm trusting you did, you saw that several times he was in perfect defensive position, as, again, commented on by the commentators, but "that guard" played some tremendous offense, he's very good, and he got off his shots against good D. Just sitting there saying the other guy got 28 (9-20 shooting) is just not a way to judge a guy's D. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

If you watched the game, I'm trusting you did, you saw that several times he was in perfect defensive position, as, again, commented on by the commentators, but "that guard" played some tremendous offense, he's very good, and he got off his shots against good D. Just sitting there saying the other guy got 28 is just not a way to judge a guy's D. 

It's as effective as using steals to judge good defense and you do that a lot. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Maybe it was his D (you know, commented on several times by the announcers), his ball movement, his hustle, or you know, the fact that he helped us win. He did not have a stellar game as noted above, but it's fair to say he was fine. Or maybe those of us who watched and saw that are just clueless.

Terrible shooting and 6 turnovers.

It's like saying a QB was fine that went 31-49 for 415 yards, 1 TD and 5 picks. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

It's as effective as using steals to judge good defense and you do that a lot. 

I know right, I mean PG is 3rd in defensive win shares, when you said he couldn't defend anymore, while leading the League in steals both in steals per game and steals per minute, and he's leading the League, by a wide margin, in deflections, obviously it's irrelevant and you're right, PG can't defend anymore. No, steals alone are not a judge of defense, see Harden, but ignoring them to try to prove a point is silly.

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Terrible shooting and 6 turnovers.

It's like saying a QB was fine that went 31-49 for 415 yards, 1 TD and 5 picks. 

No, it's like saying he contributed to the win, and overall was fine, while not shooting well and not having a "stellar" game. He didn't have a stellar game. He also didn't have a terrible game.

Archived