Restaurant/fast food screwups/other oddities

I was really hungry this morning, on my way to work I stopped at McDonald's, which is something I rarely do.  Ordered a ham, cheese, egg mcmuffin with mayo. Halfway through my sandwich, no mayo.  They gave me a packet of mayo. 

C'mon. They couldn't have smeared it on my bun?  Still enjoyed it though. Would have been better with mayo. 

• Haha 2

On 8/21/2021 at 8:58 PM, mrflynn03 said:

I was really hungry this morning, on my way to work I stopped at McDonald's, which is something I rarely do.  Ordered a ham, cheese, egg mcmuffin with mayo. Halfway through my sandwich, no mayo.  They gave me a packet of mayo. 

C'mon. They couldn't have smeared it on my bun?  Still enjoyed it though. Would have been better with mayo. 

My oldest son for some reason hates and I mean hates lettuce and onion. At Mcdonalds he ordered his burgers with no lettuce and no onion, the worker was either being a jerk or really hooked him up with EXTRA EXTRA of both. It looked more like a salad with a hamburger patty and bun

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My oldest son for some reason hates and I mean hates lettuce and onion. At Mcdonalds he ordered his burgers with no lettuce and no onion, the worker was either being a jerk or really hooked him up with EXTRA EXTRA of both. It looked more like a salad with a hamburger patty and bun

Sadly, to me that's  somewhat an attestation to fast food workers lack of attention, overall idea about work ethic, or smarts...

• Like 1

I have to step out of line here and give some props.

Went to KFC to try their Chicken Sammich last week. Dining room closed, no help and waited 45 minutes in the drive through (I was "sandwiched" in and couldn't get out of line).

Anyway, got to the window and ask the guy if he was there by himself. He said not exactly but pretty close. He stayed totally calm, cool and collected, did his job, offered up some freebies due to the wait. I was impressed with how he was handling the situation.

I work with 6 figure professionals that Lose their Shtuff if their ice cubes aren't the correct texture.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I have to step out of line here and give some props.

Went to KFC to try their Chicken Sammich last week. Dining room closed, no help and waited 45 minutes in the drive through (I was "sandwiched" in and couldn't get out of line).

Anyway, got to the window and ask the guy if he was there by himself. He said not exactly but pretty close. He stayed totally calm, cool and collected, did his job, offered up some freebies due to the wait. I was impressed with how he was handling the situation.

I work with 6 figure professionals that Lose their Shtuff if their ice cubes aren't the correct texture.

God bless him for being willing to work instead of sitting on his @ss collecting unemployment benefits.  I try to reward employees above the usual and customary or when tips aren't an option, at least give them a kind word of encouragement when I see them working instead of taking the easy way out.

• Like 2

Ordered a burger and ice cream at Dairy Queen tonight. Not only was everything correct, they gave me french fries I didn't even order. I considered this an atonement for the time they gave me my ice cream first and told me to pull into a parking space, on a hot day, to wait for the rest while my ice cream melted in my hand. 

• Haha 3

You guys are making me hungry.  Seriously.  I don't have a complaint but I will add that Wendys is my go-to fast food.  Spicy chicken, chili, fries, and a frosty.  Enough extra calories for about a week but I can chow down.

On the minus side, they started breakfast to great fanfare but we found it useless.  McDonald's is more on the ball.

If I had Clark Griswold's wagon, it would be perfect, but when the wife and kids and I pull into McDonalds on a road trip, I don't know how to describe it.  A little of everything, maybe?  Fun, though.

The car ride is probably our go-to time for fast food.

33 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

You guys are making me hungry.  Seriously.  I don't have a complaint but I will add that Wendys is my go-to fast food.  Spicy chicken, chili, fries, and a frosty.  Enough extra calories for about a week but I can chow down.

On the minus side, they started breakfast to great fanfare but we found it useless.  McDonald's is more on the ball.

If I had Clark Griswold's wagon, it would be perfect, but when the wife and kids and I pull into McDonalds on a road trip, I don't know how to describe it.  A little of everything, maybe?  Fun, though.

The car ride is probably our go-to time for fast food.

Wendy's is my favorite too and the one in my town closed about 3-4 years ago so I rarely am able to get it anymore.  Bummer.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

It's always fun when you're in line at the McDonald's drive thru, you see a grumpy old man in front of you hand back the food he was given, then you realize they gave him your food by mistake. 

Including a straw when I ordered oatmeal was a nice touch as well. 

Your story reminded me of the time my son was waiting in line at McDonald's and an old man pulling forward hit his gas instead of the brake around the turn and rear-ended my son. 

41 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Drives me crazy.  Every time I go to Burger King and order a Big Mac, they give me a Whopper instead.  

My Mom use to do that all the time when she was alive...and then when she went into McDonalds back in the day, she'd order a Big Chef (back when Burger Chefs we're around)...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

There should be public floggings for even thinking of doing that. barf. 

10 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Word of warning...

If you ever go to New York City or Long Island, they put ketchup on their White Castles... disgusting...

Gotta tell them you don't want it or they'll slather it on there...

Got to be honest here...I dated a woman who smothered her White Castles with catsup.  

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Got to be honest here...I dated a woman who smothered her White Castles with catsup.  

Thank god you came to your senses!

Now I've got to drive to town, this whole thing has be ready for a crave case. ... and Gas-ex for the mrs's. Today is when I met her and married in Vegas 8 years ago. So this should be epic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1