Restaurant/fast food screwups/other oddities

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Thank god you came to your senses!

Now I've got to drive to town, this whole thing has be ready for a crave case. ... and Gas-ex for the mrs's. Today is when I met her and married in Vegas 8 years ago. So this should be epic.

Congrats!

19 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Thank god you came to your senses!

Now I've got to drive to town, this whole thing has be ready for a crave case. ... and Gas-ex for the mrs's. Today is when I met her and married in Vegas 8 years ago. So this should be epic.

Congrats!

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Dairy Queen strikes again. 

Went to the drive thru last night to order 3 items. I read off item #1. Pause. I read item #2. "What was the first thing again?" I repeat item #1, pause, repeat item #2, pause, read item #3. I hear the employee asking someone for help, followed by "so, you want such and such?" To which I said no, and read my whole order a third time. About 10 seconds go by, and I add "that's all." Another 10 seconds go by. I said,  "Are you there?" Nothing. So I pull ahead to the pickup window. They got all 3 things wrong. 

50 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Went to the drive thru last night to order 3 items. I read off item #1. Pause. I read item #2. "What was the first thing again?" I repeat item #1, pause, repeat item #2, pause, read item #3. I hear the employee asking someone for help, followed by "so, you want such and such?" To which I said no, and read my whole order a third time. About 10 seconds go by, and I add "that's all." Another 10 seconds go by. I said,  "Are you there?" Nothing. So I pull ahead to the pickup window. They got all 3 things wrong. 

Bluffton?  Markle?

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Maybe on purpose? 

So I’m very stoked! For Christmas my wife got me two tickets to IU vs Illinois even though she can’t go so a buddy of mine is going with me. This will be only my 3rd time ever going. We will come to town Friday night. I have the following questions…. 1.) Where is the top 3 places to get food? 2.) Also where is best place to go after dinner for best atmosphere? We are in our high 30s/early 40s. 3.) where is best place to get breakfast? 4.) where is best place to go before the game? 5.) what time do gates open? 6.) where is best place to park to not walk far but also get out fast after the game? 7.) does anyone have connections for a parking pass that I can buy? Thanks for reading my long post and answering all of my questions.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

So I’m very stoked! For Christmas my wife got me two tickets to IU vs Illinois even though she can’t go so a buddy of mine is going with me. This will be only my 3rd time ever going. We will come to town Friday night. I have the following questions…. 1.) Where is the top 3 places to get food? 2.) Also where is best place to go after dinner for best atmosphere? We are in our high 30s/early 40s. 3.) where is best place to get breakfast? 4.) where is best place to go before the game? 5.) what time do gates open? 6.) where is best place to park to not walk far but also get out fast after the game? 7.) does anyone have connections for a parking pass that I can buy? Thanks for reading my long post and answering all of my questions.

What kind of food do you like?

9 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

1. Little Zagrebs.. idk your budget, it isn't cheap, but its very good.... obviously Mother Bears is good too. 

.... ummm.. mexican restaurant by the mall is damn good. 

2. The upstairs is fun. My wife and I are relatively close to your age rangeand we enjoy it.. but what exactly are you looking for? Nick's is fun. Alley Bar is cool. Irish Lion and Crazy Horse right there by the Alley Bar Is is my favorite Btown bar, though.... Video Saloon. 

3. Uptown Cafe. I will have to defer to others on other options.

4. Before the game? Most places I named in #2... plus Kilroys, plus every college kid bar on that street. 

5. Not sure.

6. imo... I would would park Gate 11 (off of 46)... its $10.. just a tick of a walk, but you should be able to get out quick too. You'll park behind the Melloncamp Pavillion, over by the baseball fields. 

Centralized-Move-in-Map-2022.gif

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

7. There are parking passes available online you can purchase, still. 

But, imo, if you are wanting to get there semi early anyway... I think Gate 11 is a solid option. Not really that far of a walk, at all. Again, imo. 

I truly appreciate your responses. I always respect and enjoy what you bring to the board and are precious interactions as well. I’d be happy to meet you if you come to town that weekend and I’ll buy you a drink even though I don’t drink anymore. Just shoot me a message anytime.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I live pretty much everything but my friend is more steakhouse or pizza guy

Well, Zagrebs and Mother Bears already mentioned.

Considering steaks and pizza,

The Avers pizza college mall location has a buffet. I like The Tap, and Big Woods.  Crazy Horse is good for food too.  There just aren't many dedicated steakhouses in Bloomington that aren't chain restaurants.  

The best breakfast I would say is Runcible Spoon. Inkwell Bakery and Cafe is a good second option. 

I can't really help with the rest, I park anywhere there isn't a tow sign, I don't drink anymore and I outgrew the college bar scene awhile ago. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I truly appreciate your responses. I always respect and enjoy what you bring to the board and are precious interactions as well. I’d be happy to meet you if you come to town that weekend and I’ll buy you a drink even though I don’t drink anymore. Just shoot me a message anytime.

Hey thanks man.  I appreciate the kind words. Great place to talk sports. Bloomington is a great town. I might have to hit you up on that beer!

9 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Well, Zagrebs and Mother Bears already mentioned.

Considering steaks and pizza,

The Avers pizza college mall location has a buffet. I like The Tap, and Big Woods.  Crazy Horse is good for food too.  There just aren't many dedicated steakhouses in Bloomington that aren't chain restaurants.  

The best breakfast I would say is Runcible Spoon. Inkwell Bakery and Cafe is a good second option. 

I can't really help with the rest, I park anywhere there isn't a tow sign, I don't drink anymore and I outgrew the college bar scene awhile ago. 

3 words: Corned beef hash.

and @IUfaninIllinois if you haven’t booked a hotel, I highly recommend The Graduate. 

• Like 2

On 12/26/2022 at 10:42 PM, IUfaninIllinois said:

I actually booked an Airbnb today for $125 after taxes, fees, and everything. That’s the whole house and me and my buddy each get our own bedroom.

Care to share the place if possible? That's a phenomenal deal. We started renting a condo out at Eagle Pointe in the fall because even if we were down there for two home weekends...it was cheaper to rent a condo for the month vs 2 night minimum hotel rates, 2x a month at home football weekends. 

Enjoy your time. Bloomington is one of those places that will never age. Always an awesome place to visit or live. One thing if not in a hurry on Sunday morning to get out of town....Tudor Room at IMU still has a pretty darn good breakfast buffet. I worked there for 3 years during my time at IU. Greatest job I could imagine while at college. Plenty of free food and tips. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 2

I've stayed at Candlewood Suites a few times right off second street by the I69 interchange.  Never more than $150 a night after fees and taxes. Rooms have a fridge and kitchenette. I know the downtown hotels and others are more expensive but I've never had a hard time finding a non-craphole place for a decent price. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 7:51 PM, Seeking6 said:

Care to share the place if possible? That's a phenomenal deal. We started renting a condo out at Eagle Pointe in the fall because even if we were down there for two home weekends...it was cheaper to rent a condo for the month vs 2 night minimum hotel rates, 2x a month at home football weekends. 

Enjoy your time. Bloomington is one of those places that will never age. Always an awesome place to visit or live. One thing if not in a hurry on Sunday morning to get out of town....Tudor Room at IMU still has a pretty darn good breakfast buffet. I worked there for 3 years during my time at IU. Greatest job I could imagine while at college. Plenty of free food and tips. 

I’m not sure how to share it any other way without sending out my reservation… suggestions? Also we are actually leaving Saturday after the game so the Sunday breakfast buffet won’t work but I’ll keep it in mind for next time.

A06A6F8F-B26E-43B8-ADBC-D9D0250FD02A.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I’m not sure how to share it any other way without sending out my reservation… suggestions? Also we are actually leaving Saturday after the game so the Sunday breakfast buffet won’t work but I’ll keep it in mind for next time.

A06A6F8F-B26E-43B8-ADBC-D9D0250FD02A.png

That looks awesome. I tried to get a Feb 4th and 5th airbnb real quick before the locals got wise. Purdue Saturday and Mellencamp Sunday....no luck went up to $389 per night real quick. Enjoy your visit and and game!

Just now, Seeking6 said:

That looks awesome. I tried to get a Feb 4th and 5th airbnb real quick before the locals got wise. Purdue Saturday and Mellencamp Sunday....no luck went up to $389 per night real quick. Enjoy your visit and and game!

Thanks if you’re coming for IU/ILL game then that place is available Saturday since I’m not staying haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1