2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

I don't know the timeline on this kids recruitment but early returns on Malik, how he's being used, will be used...in tandom with TJD and Race can't hurt us one bit for him or any of the other 23/24 bigs. 

I'm sure the staff is already on the phone but basically could say Derik next year you'll slide right into the same role as Malik....and on and on.

• Like 4

On 11/11/2022 at 8:28 AM, Seeking6 said:

I don't know the timeline on this kids recruitment but early returns on Malik, how he's being used, will be used...in tandom with TJD and Race can't hurt us one bit for him or any of the other 23/24 bigs. 

I'm sure the staff is already on the phone but basically could say Derik next year you'll slide right into the same role as Malik....and on and on.

After seeing the IQ of Malik and JHS, I want as many Monteverde kids as possible.  There is obviously accelerated development there with the competition internally and externally.  Woody has vouched for their coaching too.  McNeely and Asa….heavily on our radar.  Either or both would be phenomenal gets.  

The way we are playing right now, it’s got to be super appealing to recruits. Then look at the fan base, the school, campus, education.   There is nothing to not like. How many recruits say that everyone in town knows who they are and are amazed by that.  Our fan base is phenomenal.   

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

After seeing the IQ of Malik and JHS, I want as many Monteverde kids as possible.  There is obviously accelerated development there with the competition internally and externally.  Woody has vouched for their coaching too.  McNeely and Asa….heavily on our radar.  Either or both would be phenomenal gets.  

The way we are playing right now, it’s got to be super appealing to recruits. Then look at the fan base, the school, campus, education.   There is nothing to not like. How many recruits say that everyone in town know who they are and are amazed by that.  Our fan base is phenomenal.   

Amen to all of this. I said in another thread....the only recruits we target and lose will have to be things out of our control. Proximity to home, guarantees of immediate playing time elsewhere, big NIL deal,etc...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2023 at 7:09 PM, Inequality said:

A617EBB2-D61A-418F-A0BC-236C98EBDC2A.jpeg

I know a couple on here have closer intel than most but man I'd love to get this kid reclassified and be in the 812 next year. The minutes are there, the extras are there....hope we land him. Instant impact from a program I'd love to continue the pipeline from.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know a couple on here have closer intel than most but man I'd love to get this kid reclassified and be in the 812 next year. The minutes are there, the extras are there....hope we land him. Instant impact from a program I'd love to continue the pipeline from.

Not so sure he would be as much i.pact and Reneau had been. Yesterday he had a great game but for the most part he hadn't been great. The thing is he is like all the bigs we have and is pretty much one dimensional on offense. Not saying I don't want him but to think just him reclassify will solve our problems on the interior isn't correct 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not so sure he would be as much i.pact and Reneau had been. Yesterday he had a great game but for the most part he hadn't been great. The thing is he is like all the bigs we have and is pretty much one dimensional on offense. Not saying I don't want him but to think just him reclassify will solve our problems on the interior isn't correct 

I'm just taking the occam's razor or simple approach. Adding a 5 star national program elite recruit player along the lines of JHS isn't a bad thing. Let's just do that and figure out the problems later. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 6:06 PM, Seeking6 said:

I'm pretty sure he said that he isn't going to reclassify.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...