2025 PG Jalen Haralson

NotIThatLives

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Don't worry, he'll wait until he gets to my class to charge it...

"Mr. C, uhhh... can I charge my phone/laptop anywhere?" They ask, for the 4th straight day. 

Yeah, I love it in the morning, when they come in 1st period, right after announcements and I take  attendance….. “Mr. H…, can I borrow your laptop charger? My computer’s dead!…”😳

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Yeah, I love it in the morning, when they come in 1st period, right after announcements and I take  attendance….. “Mr. H…, can I borrow your laptop charger? My computer’s dead!…”😳

I remember my Aero Engineering professor gave me extra credit when my calculator went bad? I wrote on the quiz “I don’t know how to take the 5th root of a number on my slide rule.”

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

The kid goes to Fishers.  The family is likely solidly middle class at worst.

100%, his dad played overseas a couple years and now works where my dad does. Money isn't a problem. I personally don't think he will go Overtime Elite at all. From what I've heard he isn't interested in prep schools at the moment because he wants to stay home and play with his brother is what I would assume. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I remember my Aero Engineering professor gave me extra credit when my calculator went bad? I wrote on the quiz “I don’t know how to take the 5th root of a number on my slide rule.”

I’m old. I took high school chemistry when handheld calculators were just available and costs were such that not everyone could afford them. The teacher was kinda (okay, totally) naive and since not everyone had a calculator, we were allowed to share by passing them around the class, during the tests. Needless to say, the smartest kids got first crack at the devices and wouldn’t erase their answers when finished. Even if the rest of us couldn’t completely figure out the equations we’d usually get partial credit for having the correct answers 

25 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I’m old. I took high school chemistry when handheld calculators were just available and costs were such that not everyone could afford them. The teacher was kinda (okay, totally) naive and since not everyone had a calculator, we were allowed to share by passing them around the class, during the tests. Needless to say, the smartest kids got first crack at the devices and wouldn’t erase their answers when finished. Even if the rest of us couldn’t completely figure out the equations we’d usually get partial credit for having the correct answers 

I remember in college, a kid had the very first handheld TI calculator. It cost like $300 in early 70’s money. All it could do was add, subtract, divide, multiply and percentages.

Went and watched Jalen last night in the sectionals semi finals. Fishers lost by 6 if I remember correctly. Jalen played pretty well for a low scoring game. Believe he had about 17 and around 6 assist. Things that stood out to me were his finishing around the rim and his passing. I will say, they played Zionsville who has Penn St. commit Logan Imes, Imes had 33 and when he was guarded by Jalen, Imes was getting buckets. Was sitting with his dad at the game and his dad said that they got a week off and then its off to AAU and USA teams. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mkaser said:

Went and watched Jalen last night in the sectionals semi finals. Fishers lost by 6 if I remember correctly. Jalen played pretty well for a low scoring game. Believe he had about 17 and around 6 assist. Things that stood out to me were his finishing around the rim and his passing. I will say, they played Zionsville who has Penn St. commit Logan Imes, Imes had 33 and when he was guarded by Jalen, Imes was getting buckets. Was sitting with his dad at the game and his dad said that they got a week off and then its off to AAU and USA teams. 

I saw JH play earlier this year and the finishing around the rim and passing are what I noticed also.  But in the game I watched, he had very little interest in playing defense.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Athletic ranked Haralson as one of the most impressive players at the EYBL:

Jalen Haralson (No. 9 in 2025): If you’re stat-obsessed, the guy who made just nine field goals in four games and averaged only 11.5 points probably doesn’t jump off the page. But Haralson is a treat to actually watch. He’s a 6-7 point guard with terrific vision and passing ability who spent the weekend defending like crazy, ripping rebounds and initiating the break, using that terrific size and awareness to whip the ball to an open man. He averaged 5.5 assists and 4.8 rebounds and managed to score 13 points against MOKAN Elite without officially attempting a shot. He got to the line over and over and made every free throw he took. Indiana had multiple coaches at every game for the Indy Heat’s elite playmaker.

https://theathletic.com/4446069/2023/04/25/college-basketball-recruiting-nil-cooper-flagg/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

• 1 month later...