Northwestern Postgame Thread

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't believe the game Robert Johnson had. Stepped up and made shots when we needed. But since he gets ripped on a consistent level on this and other IU boards I'll say this. RoJo trailed Scottie Lindsey most of the game. Lindsey who averages 14+ went 1-15 from field, 0-7 from 3, 2 total points...could go on and on. Hats off to Robert. Considering that McRoberts and Juwan were taken out of the game 120 seconds in....kudos to him for holding down the fort as well as Newkirk.

Reiterate what others said. Can't believe how much better our offense looked with Morgan. Spacing, cutting, passing...I felt like we scored on 4 of first 5 possessions in 2nd half and rolled from there. Mcintosh was a non factor (again) in Assembly Hall. 

Tied for 3rd with important game at East Lansing Friday. Let's keep this thing rolling. 

Edit-one other thing I wanted to mention that doesn't get a ton of discussion. Freddie McSwain gave us valuable minutes and at least from section of the couch on the North Side of Indy his defense and deny entry pass down low to multiple bigs from Northwestern was really well done.

To be honest actually watching mcswain in person I thought he looked terrible... he looked so lost in my opinion and him being undersized really showed in person. His footwork was absolutely terrible!!!

2 hours ago, HoosierTownie said:

I don't post much, but thought I would share that I was at the game yesterday and a scout from the Bulls was sitting next to us.  I didn't talk to him, but he seemed to be watching Morgan as well as McIntosh from NW.  I also found it humorous when he seemed to get peeved when my girlfriend glanced over while he was making some notes.

EDIT - wow, just noticed after posting that this is my first post on this incarnation of HSN

WELCOME

I don't post much, but thought I would share that I was at the game yesterday and a scout from the Bulls was sitting next to us.  I didn't talk to him, but he seemed to be watching Morgan as well as McIntosh from NW.  I also found it humorous when he seemed to get peeved when my girlfriend glanced over while he was making some notes.

EDIT - wow, just noticed after posting that this is my first post on this incarnation of HSN

Welcome aboard, and lol at his getting peeved. I would've started leaning over his shoulder at that point.

Should have told him that you were a scout for the Cavs, there to watch Priller.

3 hours ago, HoosierTownie said:

The Bulls way! Cloaked in the shadows and always wrong. Whoever the scout is won't be there in 7 months so they should be happy someone actually noticed them. Haha..

4 hours ago, HoosierTownie said:

Really great to have you here.  You should post more often.

16 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

Chuck threes until 8 are made = guaranteed victory! In all seriousness, it is great when we shoot almost average from three for a game.

I agree that simply chucking threes is not the answer, but rather I find it encouraging that when just one significantly-below-average part of our game becomes average, we can rise to a drastically higher level. 

4 hours ago, Candystripe said:

I agree that simply chucking threes is not the answer, but rather I find it encouraging that when just one significantly-below-average part of our game becomes average, we can rise to a drastically higher level. 

I noticed this yesterday.  When 3's started going in, this team (despite its other flaws) looked dynamite.

Now, NW looked bad, so it's hard to judge... but who knows?

Well, I know, this dream will be dashed by Friday.  But for now, it feels great.

17 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I noticed this yesterday.  When 3's started going in, this team (despite its other flaws) looked dynamite.

Now, NW looked bad, so it's hard to judge... but who knows?

Well, I know, this dream will be dashed by Friday.  But for now, it feels great.

A hard fought loss on Friday doesn't dash the dream.  Losing the next one to Maryland does.  

32 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

A hard fought loss on Friday doesn't dash the dream.  Losing the next one to Maryland does.  

I would generally agree.  Losing doesn't dash the dream, it just significantly dashes the hopes, IMO.  We need a signature win somewhere and ND isn't it, imo.  So we have a finite amount of chances (I'd argue 5 total -- PU, MSU in the return game, OSUx2).  

And I'd argue we really need two of those wins to feel comfortable, IMO, because we might drop another one that we shouldn't.

Archived