Indiana MSU pre-game talk

Drroogh

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Montana Hoosier said:

Not sure how this game will go, but I do know one thing for sure, some no-name from MSU will go off for 25 plus points or will have a career game. 

Not necessarily a no-name to Indiana fans.  But a Hoosier kid who is currently averaging 11.5 PPG, could certainly go off on our Hoosiers. Especially considering that De'Ron is no long available to counter his size.

Jaren Jackson Jr. 

2 things will need to happen in order for us to have a chance.

1. Morgan CANNOT have a foul trouble in the first half. Without him on the floor, our offensive flow would come to a screeching halt.
  2. All guys will have to step up big time on defense. We should make this relatively a low scoring game since we don't have enough fire power. If we make this a run and gun game, we probably lose 10 out of 10.

43 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

We should make this relatively a low scoring game since we don't have enough fire power. If we make this a run and gun game, we probably lose 10 out of 10.

Ugh.  That makes it sounds like we are morphing into Wisconsin.  I hope not.

25 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Ugh.  That makes it sounds like we are morphing into Wisconsin.  I hope not.

I don't think (and hopefully not) we'd be as terrible as Wisconsin. But at the same time, I don't think our team would average 80-something points a game under Archie. I feel like the sweet spot would be mid-70 points/game. 

And again this season, we're a bit depleted offensively, so we want to slow the game down rather than to speed up.

My gut keeps telling me we are in this up until the critical 5 minute mark of the game.  Then we either meltdown or dig deep.

I think my gut is wearing thoss glasses everyone is talking about.  Perhaps, for the wisdom of my gut, I should be filling it with a couple of glasses.

17 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

My gut keeps telling me we are in this up until the critical 5 minute mark of the game.  Then we either meltdown or dig deep.

I think my gut is wearing thoss glasses everyone is talking about.  Perhaps, for the wisdom of my gut, I should be filling it with a couple of glasses.

Fantastic post!   :cheers:

The frustrating thing for me about where we are right now with the program is that this is a game where we could play well and still lose. I can remember a time where if we played well that meant a win or at worst a toss up if we were playing another top dog.  I think we get back there with Archie but it is hard waiting. It is also hard knowing that we might have to console ourselves with the silver lining of playing well in the cloudiness of losing. 

55 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

The frustrating thing for me about where we are right now with the program is that this is a game where we could play well and still lose. I can remember a time where if we played well that meant a win or at worst a toss up if we were playing another top dog.  I think we get back there with Archie but it is hard waiting. It is also hard knowing that we might have to console ourselves with the silver lining of playing well in the cloudiness of losing. 

I get ticked at this as well. When we were IU if we played well it meant W. No matter the stage or who we played. This is our 4th coach since 9/10/00 (Dakich doesn't count). I'm hopeful that we found our guy for the long haul. Actually confident we have. However since each season is different it's hard for me to get disappointed as long as I see effort. No disrespect to our guys at all. But with Davis down, 3 departures for pros...and learning a new system/style,etc...it's impossible for me to get upset this year at anything besides the effort part.

We have a middle of the pack roster. We should expect middle of the pack results. I hope and pray that's the last time for a very long time I have to say that. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I get ticked at this as well. When we were IU if we played well it meant W. No matter the stage or who we played. This is our 4th coach since 9/10/00 (Dakich doesn't count). I'm hopeful that we found our guy for the long haul. Actually confident we have. However since each season is different it's hard for me to get disappointed as long as I see effort. No disrespect to our guys at all. But with Davis down, 3 departures for pros...and learning a new system/style,etc...it's impossible for me to get upset this year at anything besides the effort part.

We have a middle of the pack roster. We should expect middle of the pack results. I hope and pray that's the last time for a very long time I have to say that. 

I remember a few games where we played very well and lost while RMK was here.  In 94 at KU we lost in OT and Bailey had a huge game and that was one of the few games I was not real upset about a loss.  Also in 91 at OSU we lost in double OT and it was one of the best games I have watched.

1 hour ago, HoagieRoll said:

Gonna be at a bar eating the best wings in Cincinnati with some MSU fans, please just don’t let it be a blowout 

Watcha sayin ?  The game ?  Or the wings ?  LOL

Hey  a great show on hot wings is part of the "First we feast" channel on you tube.  Here is just one of many productions :

Bobby Lee Has an Accident Eating Spicy Wings

Edit :  I forgot.....bad language warning.  

I think we are going to pull this off.  Put Zach on Bridges; have him sag off to encourage Bridges to shoot jumpers.  We've got to keep taking care of the basketball and defending like we have been; MSU will turn the ball over.  They've struggled with this all year.  

Archived