'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

2 minutes ago, rico said:

JMO but I view the ND job higher than I do the other two.  I am sure plenty will disagree.

I do too, but.... if I'm Pickell or Shrews I'm not going into the land of the unknown just to move up SOME to a job like ND. 

If I'm them, I'm not leaving unless .... 1. I'm getting a big time pay increase 2. The current admin at my job suck 3. I get an offer from a CLEAR, borderline massive upgrade in program prestige or whatever. 

Let's say--- Michigan State or something opens up when Izzo is done. Something like that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I do too, but.... if I'm Pickell or Shrews I'm not going into the land of the unknown just to move up SOME to a job like ND. 

If I'm them, I'm not leaving unless .... 1. I'm getting a big time pay increase 2. The current admin at my job suck 3. I get an offer from a CLEAR, borderline massive upgrade in program prestige or whatever. 

Let's say--- Michigan State or something opens up when Izzo is done. Something like that. 

I get your logic and can't argue against it.  I guess the big question will be what is ND looking for?  Do they want to make a big splash?  Or are they just happy where their program has been for the last 20 years?  

13 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Gonzaga lost at home to Loyola Marymount tonight.

They've been playing with fire for weeks and finally got burned last night. BYU, San Francisco and Santa Clara all had them on the ropes but couldn't finish. 

They have all the hallmarks of a team that's going to be seeded 2 or 3 seeds too high and lose in the first weekend of the tournament. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

I saw Pikiell and Shrewsberry mentioned in that potential coaches article. Do you guys think ND in the ACC is a better gig than PSU or Rutgers? I'm leaning towards yes but that could be clouded by my desire to see those two leave the Big10 😜

Better history for sure but probably not that much better in reality. I think Pikiell in particular would be better off staying where he is, there's some pretty good potential there.

3 hours ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

I saw Pikiell and Shrewsberry mentioned in that potential coaches article. Do you guys think ND in the ACC is a better gig than PSU or Rutgers? I'm leaning towards yes but that could be clouded by my desire to see those two leave the Big10 😜

I think the ND job is better and think Shrewsbury would be a better fit than Pikiell. 

Antoine Davis moved into 2nd place on the all-time scoring list today.  And, yes, he got the benefit of a Covid year.  And, yes, Pistol Pete set his mark in 3 years, and without the 3 point line.  But, I found the stat on number of shots per game to be interesting.   It's fair to say that even without Covid and the 3-point line, Maravich had some things working in his favor. 

image.png.4f8ae2a066f88ec80abf3701431b9379.png 

Davis still has an outside shot to catch Maravich, but it will require a little postseason run or an even more specific focus to get him points.

image.png.ceeaf16bcd18003d2f252c0cd55f761f.png

• Like 1