Stories to warm your heart

2 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Wow, they did that up right. That’s exactly what i would do.

Her husband is an architect, so yeah, it was done pretty well...

We went to Christmas parties there about 5 years in a row. It was as nice as it looks in the pics... 

• 4 weeks later...

I like positive stuff more than negative so here's my contribution. No link because it happened to me. I was in Kroger yesterday morning and this sweet older lady must have noticed my side of face. Since Monday I've had this sharp pain in right jaw/cheek with inflammation. Like most I just figured it would go away. It hadn't until this angel walked into my life.

She goes oh sweetie you have a tooth abscess. Go home and rinse with warm/salt water or water/baking soda.....you'll get fixed up. So after hours of being google Dr and not figuring out what I have I took her advice. Within 15 minutes the draining started and less than 24 hours later the pain is all but gone and most of the inflammation is down.

So when in doubt of any pain. Warm/Salt Water gang!!

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I like positive stuff more than negative so here's my contribution. No link because it happened to me. I was in Kroger yesterday morning and this sweet older lady must have noticed my side of face. Since Monday I've had this sharp pain in right jaw/cheek with inflammation. Like most I just figured it would go away. It hadn't until this angel walked into my life.

She goes oh sweetie you have a tooth abscess. Go home and rinse with warm/salt water or water/baking soda.....you'll get fixed up. So after hours of being google Dr and not figuring out what I have I took her advice. Within 15 minutes the draining started and less than 24 hours later the pain is all but gone and most of the inflammation is down.

So when in doubt of any pain. Warm/Salt Water gang!!

There's always the dentist...

• 2 weeks later...

This story tells of a man that gets it and sees the much bigger picture.  In education field I worked with many that put kids best interest at heart and others that did not. Good for Principal Smith. 

https://www.upworthy.com/amp/an-insecure-student-left-class-because-of-his-hair-so-the-principal-grabbed-his-clippers-rp-2650803369

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

A nice story about a Kentucky coal miner who rushed to see a basketball game with his son.  I can put aside my UK opinions to respect this father.  The comments are good, too.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/photo-kentucky-coal-miner-with-son-uk-basketball-game-goes-viral

https://www.wtvq.com/content/uploads/2022/10/c/o/312951256-10160223221158912-4500194782454839178-n.jpg

Half my lineage and some still remain coal miners in South eastern Kentucky.  All have escaped death multiple times, except for the eventual coal miners lung, copd, emphysema.  I must have had that crazy, risk death gene in me early on.  Forget that.  Now I fight fires and get out on the interstate on vehicle accidents all the time instead.  Much safer. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

A nice story about a Kentucky coal miner who rushed to see a basketball game with his son.  I can put aside my UK opinions to respect this father.  The comments are good, too.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/photo-kentucky-coal-miner-with-son-uk-basketball-game-goes-viral

https://www.wtvq.com/content/uploads/2022/10/c/o/312951256-10160223221158912-4500194782454839178-n.jpg

One of the best preachers I ever heard was a coal miner leading  men in a devotional and prayer before they went into the belly.  You'll  be sure you are right with the Lord real quick.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Wasn’t sure where to post this but, was in a store and got to talking with the clerk about paying with plastic. Said I was happy the other day I actually had change in my pocket to put in the Salvation Army bucket. He started talking about how growing up if not for the SA, he and his family would not have had Christmas! So much more to say, but I’ll leave it with remember those who might not otherwise have Christmas this year!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
48 minutes ago, Reacher said:

NWI Christmas miracle? 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/27/us/indiana-man-crash-rescue-fishermen/index.html

When I read NWI fisherman I was thinking it might have been @rico that found him

Great read.  

LOL on me being there.  But it wouldn't surprise me if those rescuers were members of my old fishing site.  We had quite a following from "The Region."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rico said:

Great read.  

LOL on me being there.  But it wouldn't surprise me if those rescuers were members of my old fishing site.  We had quite a following from "The Region."

Great read @Reacher and to go along with @rico know the area well. Well at least from 50 years ago! Grew up in Chesterton the location of the crash is about 8 miles from where I grew up. Truly was a miracle!

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Great read @Reacher and to go along with @rico know the area well. Well at least from 50 years ago! Grew up in Chesterton the location of the crash is about 8 miles from where I grew up. Truly was a miracle!

I am not familiar with the area at all tbh.  I do have a few friends from that area but my fishing is mostly done in Noble, Kosciusko, and Whitley counties.  

8 minutes ago, rico said:

I am not familiar with the area at all tbh.  I do have a few friends from that area but my fishing is mostly done in Noble, Kosciusko, and Whitley counties.  

Yeah and it wasn’t until I was living in SB that my friends taught me how to fish MI streams for salmon and trout! Strange that I learned after the fact that what I call suicide trout (Skamania) were introduced to the NWI streams!?