Transfer Targets

DC2345

It seems as though many are too focused on getting offensive players through the portal. Why is that a priority? When you think of it we only need a QB, RB, virtually entire OL, WR that can get separation, depth, OC, OL coach, more consistent punter, and a new guy that hands out the offense’s playbook.

Edited by IU878176

41 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

It seems as though many are too focused on getting offensive players through the portal. Why is that a priority? When you think of it we only need a QB, RB, virtually entire OL, WR that can get separation, depth, OC, OL coach, more consistent punter, and a new guy that hands out the offense’s playbook.

Punters fine. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Nothing like starting over from damn near scratch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Bradley Jennings Jr a transfer from Miami is a new IU target

Looks like he is a LB and started in 2020 and played a lot this year....but don't know if he started or not.  But then didn't play after Halloween as he lost his job to a freshman.  From Jacksonville, Fl. 

Edited by thirdgenhoosier

15 hours ago, rico said:

Sorry for delay. Decided to take the holiday week off from the world. Jennings lost his starter role on a defense that wasn't good....but part of that could be coaching??

Kid certainly has the talent. Dad won a title with Florida St....but I also add I think his brother was flip floppy on schools, commits,etc...otherwise all I know he started all games last year but was surpassed by a freshman this year. 

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, rico said:

No, at least not when I posted that.  Scott was looking for an experienced QB for us.  I suggested Rattler.  He shot that down quick.  Seems Spencer has to many question marks for his liking.

he entered earlier today

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32745973/oklahoma-sooners-qb-spencer-rattler-preseason-heisman-favorite-enters-transfer-portal

2 hours ago, rico said:

No, at least not when I posted that.  Scott was looking for an experienced QB for us.  I suggested Rattler.  He shot that down quick.  Seems Spencer has to many question marks for his liking.

Didn't shoot it down but is skeptical of his play. We got the QB from Notre Dame one year and thought he would be a savior since he went to ND.

• Like 1