Transfer Targets

DC2345

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't shoot it down but is skeptical of his play. We got the QB from Notre Dame one year and thought he would be a savior since he went to ND.

There’s nothing to be skeptical of Spencer Rattler’s play. If CTA can somehow get him he’s the best QB in the room without question. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't shoot it down but is skeptical of his play. We got the QB from Notre Dame one year and thought he would be a savior since he went to ND.

Maybe we will have other options but at this point he would be a big upgrade over our current situation.

Regardless……unless we end up with an OC that already has a relationship with him I’d be shocked if he ends up in Bloomington.

Edited by IU878176

4 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

There’s nothing to be skeptical of Spencer Rattler’s play. If CTA can somehow get him he’s the best QB in the room without question. 

No doubt he would be the best on the roster and would take him.  What I am saying he got benched for poor play at Oklahoma where he is surrounded by great players.  At IU he wouldn't be surrounded by great players

Edited by IU Scott

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No doubt he would be the best on the roster and would take him.  What I am saying he got benched for poor play at Oklahoma where he is surrounded by great players.  At IU he wouldn't be surrounded by great players

So, if you could pick a quarterback for IU to pick up through the portal...who would you like??  Just curious.

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

LOL, you seem to forget Rattler's performance in 2020 for the Sooners.  There was a reason he was a Heisman favorite heading into 2021.  JSMH 

Just now, DireBump said:

You’re lucky. From what I’ve seen, Plummer is not good. 

I think we’ve just been spoiled by AOC this year. 

Plummer’s Purdue career: 64% completion percentage, 26 TD’s, 10 INT’s in 13 starts. This year he threw for 864 yards with 7 touchdowns and 0 INT’s. 

I’d say that’s pretty solid. AOC was just better. 

If we are truly looking for a QB, there is a kid from Akron, last name Gibson, that can play. He did well under constant pressure and little talent around him. He is very underrated in my opinion. I don’t think we will be in search of a QB though. With Hoover that currently gives us 5 scholarship quarterbacks next year. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Plummer’s Purdue career: 64% completion percentage, 26 TD’s, 10 INT’s in 13 starts. This year he threw for 864 yards with 7 touchdowns and 0 INT’s. 

Maybe his stats are decent but for me he didn’t pass the eye test. Just seemed too immobile and didn’t make the throws necessary to win. What is his record as a starter? I am genuinely curious. AOC is by far the better qb and I don’t think it’s even close. You guys are better off without him even if AOC wasn’t staying, but that’s just my opinion from the sample size I’ve seen. 

1 minute ago, DireBump said:

Maybe his stats are decent but for me he didn’t pass the eye test. Just seemed too immobile and didn’t make the throws necessary to win. What is his record as a starter? I am genuinely curious. AOC is by far the better qb and I don’t think it’s even close. You guys are better off without him even if AOC wasn’t staying, but that’s just my opinion from the sample size I’ve seen. 

I don’t disagree with you. Not sure of his record but I’d guess probably around .500 or so. He probably saw the writing on the wall plus Brady Allen is enrolling mid-year and I think will be ready to take over for AOC after next season. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

image.jpeg.be45efa6e769e844318ed3777f091259.jpeg

Wouldn't wish that on anyone, even the Toiletmakers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 11/30/2021 at 11:33 AM, DireBump said:

If we are truly looking for a QB, there is a kid from Akron, last name Gibson, that can play. He did well under constant pressure and little talent around him. He is very underrated in my opinion. I don’t think we will be in search of a QB though. With Hoover that currently gives us 5 scholarship quarterbacks next year. 

If you're including Penix, I would question it.  Yes, go after Zach Gibson.  Why not??

Hiller met with Jacksonville State OL transfer Tylan Grable yesterday. Could be an interesting OL target in the portal. Interesting because he was a HS QB that threw for 2,000 yards as a sophomore and 3,000 as a junior and missed his senior year with an injury. Then redshirted as a freshman. Hasn't been an on OL long but is 6'7 and 290 with some possible athleticism. 

https://jsugamecocksports.com/sports/football/roster/tylan-grable/4886

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Indykev said:

CTA in his final presser said some older guys wont be brought back. Said something like you have to prune the branches to grow. So some covid years will be cut for portal players. #LEO.

That could also be a blanketed statement as well…….Some members of the coaching staff could be/should be those branches.

12 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

That could also be a blanketed statement as well…….Some members of the coaching staff could be/should be those branches.

It could be but at the time he was talking about letting older players go so the younger players could grow. I laughed out loud because right after he talked about cutting players he said LEO. Must be tough love. lol.

• Like 1