Off-Season

15 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I feel like this is a good hire. I'm curious to see what the other hire on the defensive side of the ball looks like. As quickly as CTA moved after the announcement the last few days confirms my suspicions that these moves had been in the works for at least the last week or 2. 

Agree.....What we saw season is not the type of defense that CTA likes to see, or be associated with. I see CTA's defense as much more "smash mouth", attacking from all angles.....

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

My way to early prediction. 7-5 best case  scenario IMO

With the transfer portal, it's so hard to predict. Teams can do a 180 in one year now. Look at MSU.

I don't think we'll be as good as 2020,  but not as bad as 2021 because of injuries. The only absolutely not winnable game is OSU. 

Cinci, MSU, Michigan, and little brother take a step back. Maryland and Rutgers move up.  PSU is usually about the same, which is very good, but we have a shot. Nebraska on the road is tough but winnable.

Anything from 5-8 wins wouldn't shock me.  Hopefully depth helps in the closing stretch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

My way to early prediction. 7-5 best case  scenario IMO

While I don’t disagree I personally would like to know who the starting QB is, reviews on the new coaches, watch the spring game and such before I make a final prediction.  I feel like CTA is already righting the ship in many areas and I feel like the team looked really solid before last year.  Classic IU optimist I feel like this team could be better than this.

But to be clear I would take 7-5 all day 😂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

With the transfer portal, it's so hard to predict. Teams can do a 180 in one year now. Look at MSU.

I don't think we'll be as good as 2020,  but not as bad as 2021 because of injuries. The only absolutely not winnable game is OSU. 

Cinci, MSU, Michigan, and little brother take a step back. Maryland and Rutgers move up.  PSU is usually about the same, which is very good, but we have a shot. Nebraska on the road is tough but winnable.

Anything from 5-8 wins wouldn't shock me.  Hopefully depth helps in the closing stretch.

Will we take a step back though? Granted we lose Bell and GK but bringing back AOC is huge plus the schedule is a lot friendlier. 

31 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Will we take a step back though? Granted we lose Bell and GK but bringing back AOC is huge plus the schedule is a lot friendlier. 

It's just my opinion,  but those are two huge losses. One on each side of the ball.  It's not just the loss of the player, but the attention and focus they command.  Do you think they're easily replaced?  And is AOC as productive without Bell?

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Randolph has 20+ years of experience coaching. Really good resume too

I was just looking at his resume.  He is an electrical engineer?  Smart.  

He is filling an important position, and there are a ton of good prospects to work with.  Cooper Jones, Beau Robbins, Trent Murphy, Whitner and the new guys, Sneed, Thomas, Nick James....Plus, Tevis who is solid and can he get the two Ole Miss guys to take a step forward, along with Sio and Elliott.  Lot of guys who could form a good rotation.  Player development will be HUGE.  These are tough positions.

As always, hope he is a good recruiter.

44 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

It's just my opinion,  but those are two huge losses. One on each side of the ball.  It's not just the loss of the player, but the attention and focus they command.  Do you think they're easily replaced?  And is AOC as productive without Bell?

Nope I don’t think they’re easily replaced but I think we can get the production from a committee of guys that will help offset the losses. Won’t be easy but I think it can be done. 

As far as AOC, I think you saw what he could do in the bowl game. No Bell and his second best WR Wright both didn’t play, plus arguably our 3rd best WR got hurt during the game and he still went off. I think the WR room will be very solid with guys like Wright (assuming he can come back), Sheffield, Rice, Yaseen, and the transfers from Iowa and Auburn.