Will Juwan Morgan be here next season ?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I have a hard time believing his body is ready for guys like Jae Crowder, Draymond Green and Paul Missap and he’s not long/explosive enough to handle guys like Porzingis, Griffin and Aldridge.

He’s going to have to put on some muscle to bang around with the first set. He may be listed at 6’8 235lbs but he looks more like 6’7 - 225lbs. In my opinion he’d be much been suited at the 3. I still think his game is simply better suited for the college game.

Have you seen Thad Young play? Also.. you named the elite at those positions, other then Crowder, and Morgan would far fine against him. Him playing against the elite isn't really the discussion though.. 1in and 10lbs was your difference? He's closer 240 then he is 225. 

9 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I have a hard time believing his body is ready for guys like Jae Crowder, Draymond Green and Paul Missap and he’s not long/explosive enough to handle guys like Porzingis, Griffin and Aldridge.

He’s going to have to put on some muscle to bang around with the first set. He may be listed at 6’8 235lbs but he looks more like 6’7 - 225lbs. In my opinion he’d be much been suited at the 3. I still think his game is simply better suited for the college game.

What rookie do you anticipate playing competitively with those All-Stars?

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Have you seen Thad Young play? Also.. you named the elite at those positions, other then Crowder, and Morgan would far fine against him. Him playing against the elite isn't really the discussion though.. 1in and 10lbs was your difference? He's closer 240 then he is 225. 

There arent that many guys under 6’8 playing the 4 in the NBA period and those that do only do so because they are elite talents. If he’s going to compare to Thad Young he’s going to have to develop a step back jumper, really improve his shooting and ability to drive to the basket. The way he’s getting his points now isn’t going to endear him to GM’s. He’s gotta learn to create his own jump shot because he’s not backing down anyone on the block at the next level

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hotford is a 5. But those are still starters.. I don't think he'll ever start. 

Baynes is their 5. Horford plays the 4. As a four I highly doubt Morgan gets drafted. He may be able to make a team through the D League but who knows. If he wants to make money at this game he should come back next season and develop into a 3

I’ve heard that Morgan shoots well in practice.  That’s not game speed, which is its own animal, but the potential to square up and hit some jumpers is there.  What I like about him is his knack and feel for the game.  

I have said it before, but I stand by it, my comp at the NBA level would be Jared Dudley.  He’s 6’7 240 and a 3/4.  He was drafted 22 overall.   He is a bright guy who makes winning plays.  He’s very well rounded.  The classic glue guy.  That’s the profile I see for Morgan.  I think Morgan moves his feet surprisingly well and we saw him go out and cover three’s at times his first two seasons.  

By the way, that recruiting class of Bryant, Anunoby, and Morgan was something else.  

1 hour ago, StLHoosier said:

I have to disagree with you.  Jackson from Mich State is the ideal 4 in today’s NBA.  Length, dribbling ability, shooting ability and very athletic.  IMO, Juwan might get drafted in the late 2nd round as it stands right now.  He’s not super athletic for a 6’7” guy, and wouldn’t fare well in the paint at the NBA level.  He needs to show that he can really shoot the ball and get stronger.

Jaren Jackson is very impressive.  Not that I have thought it through, but he might be a top 2-3 pick.  I’ve heard Luka Doncic from Europe is supposed to be special so we will see. Ayton from Arizona and Michael Porter, Jr are interesting.  

But Jackson is right there to me.  I’d certainly take him over Bagley.  Now this might sound funny in the future if I’m off.  But Jackson is mobile, tough, can defend, is skilled, and can shoot. And he’s got a good motor.  Love his game.  

The guy who may have been exposed a bit staying in college is Bridges.  Nice shooter and will be a nice piece in the NBA.  Great body and athlete but he’s a jump shooter and not a complete player.  He may get drafted around ten or so, just like last year.  

1 hour ago, Hoosier82 said:

Baynes is their 5. Horford plays the 4. As a four I highly doubt Morgan gets drafted. He may be able to make a team through the D League but who knows. If he wants to make money at this game he should come back next season and develop into a 3

Baynes plays 18 minutes per game, Horford plays 32. Celtics best lineup is Hordford at center. 

25 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Can’t help IU return to prominence next year if he’s in the NBA.

Exactly. Want him in the pinstripes next year.

Nothing else matters 

16 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Baynes plays 18 minutes per game, Horford plays 32. Celtics best lineup is Hordford at center. 

Horford and Banes play/start together, their minutes comparison is irrelevant. The fact that Baynes isn’t very good and the Celtics don’t have another center doesn’t make Horford a 5. He’s a 4 who can play the 5 out of necessity. If he was Stevens’ ideal choice at the 5 Baynes wouldn’t be starting. If they had a capable center Horford would be spending the bulk of his minutes at the 4. 

9 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Exactly. Want him in the pinstripes next year.

Nothing else matters 

Agreed and I honestly think it’s in his best interest. He can play his way into the first round and a guaranteed contract if he stays. Minimum salary in the D League if he goes. In my opinion it’s a no brainer

4 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Horford and Banes play/start together, their minutes comparison is irrelevant. The fact that Baynes isn’t very good and the Celtics don’t have another center doesn’t make Horford a 5. He’s a 4 who can play the 5 out of necessity. If he was Stevens’ ideal choice at the 5 Baynes wouldn’t be starting. If they had a capable center Horford would be spending the bulk of his minutes at the 4. 

1) the minutes aren't irrelevant at all. How do you figure they are?

2) he started for years alongside Paul Millsap and made multiple ASG in that setup. Who was the center?

3) Lots of teams best lineup doesn't start. The Warriors best lineup is Dray at 5 and KD at 4, but they don't start it that way. 

17 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Horford is a Center who wants to play the 4. He played center last year for the Celtics, plays it at least half the time this year, and played the 5 in Atlanta.

He also played the 4 his entire college career next to Noah. I don’t really care what he is or what kob thinks he is. If he’s going to line up along side Baynes every night out, guys like Morgan (if he’s gonna play the 4 in the NBA) are going to line up against him which is why I listed him as an example 

Archived