HOFers

Steubenhoosier

So, are you guys in favor of kicking Gaylord Perry out of the Hall?  Outside of intentionally throwing a game, is there a form of cheating that is worse than another?  Where does George Brett's pine-tar fall on the scale?  Who makes that decision?  If they kept out everyone that ever cheated in some form, the Hall would be a fairly empty place.

Bonds and Clemens were Hall of Famers without steroids.  Would Gaylord Perry have been without the spitball?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

So, are you guys in favor of kicking Gaylord Perry out of the Hall?  Outside of intentionally throwing a game, is there a form of cheating that is worse than another?  Where does George Brett's pine-tar fall on the scale?  Who makes that decision?  If they kept out everyone that ever cheated in some form, the Hall would be a fairly empty place.

Bonds and Clemens were Hall of Famers without steroids.  Would Gaylord Perry have been without the spitball?  

Sure, go ahead and give him the boot...

But Gaylord Perry didn't pervert the record numbers so badly that there's no chance for anyone to get there ever again...the juicers not only stole the legacies of their contemporaries, they stole it from future generations...

Only 2 men in the entire history of baseball have hit 60+ home runs legitimately...but the record books say 73...good luck reaching that...it'll be a red letter day when anyone gets close to 60 again...

So, as I said...put them in...but give them a wing of their own and make sure visitors know how they achieved their lofty numbers...

• Like 2

On 1/31/2022 at 3:10 PM, 5fouls said:

I am not in favor of kicking anyone out. They were put into the Hall and if Bonds and Company were I would have no issue with it either. Since they cannot get in I don't look at it as an injustice to them. They cheated blatantly and this is the price. I do feel that there is a big difference in cheating even though as a coach and a teacher I lumped it all together but as a fan I see things differently. Did steroids help Bonds hit the ball absolutely not but it kept him healthy, recovered quicker and was able to get more miles out of his body. For me that is enough his Giant head out of the hall. If they were Hall of Famers without it then why do it?? Greed and with that there is a price and IMO they are getting what they deserve.