Merrimack Post Game

Inequality

7 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I get where you’re coming from but when it gets brought up In the press conference, the comment is after a game, and again his mom has made comments in the past I personally see it otherwise. Yes if it was not directly after the game you’d be completely right and still could be right but sorry for having an opinion on a board and that it annoyed you so much.

It quoted you but it wasn't aimed at you.  You can have whatever opinion you want.  We just put way to much into what 19 yo kids put on twitter or Social Media.  They are random and idiots is all i am saying

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

If that's Khristian's way of complaining publicly, I'm completely OK with it.  Maybe he IS frustrated and venting, but if you want to see inappropriate bitching about not playing enough, there are plenty of examples in the past of kids being a lot more direct than a meditating Patrick Star.😂  He's still a teenager...I'm OK with a little public expression that's not directly attacking teammates, coaches or the program in general.  If he's genuinely pissed, hopefully that motivates him to get better.

I'm more concerned about his mother publicly and more directly venting about it on social media.  It was probably a heat of the moment reaction to her frustration but I hate to see parents get involved publicly like that.  If nothing else, it puts the student athlete in a bad spot.  Hopefully, that was just a moment in time that everyone learned from.  

It could have been posted to tell his mom to calm down with telling him mom to calm down

33 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

It could have been posted to tell his mom to calm down with telling him mom to calm down

Sure, although I haven't heard of anything controversial from her for awhile.  Maybe she vented to him privately...could be anything, but it didn't seem angry to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I would normally agree with what you are saying, except it has to be concerning when IU is recruiting other kids for the same position. And I am sure the Aces would find a way to fit him in.

The point guard situation next year will be drastically different next year. I mean we likely will lose both point guards and would have no true point guard on the roster besides Lander. JHS and Bates are both combo guards and we would likely start all 3. That said we might go into the transfer portal because I’m not sure Without improvement Lander can be trusted. He just looks like he is just floating along like a butterfly out there on the court. No true focus just fluttering around aimlessly.

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

The results, from generations of relationships are in. No he won't, none of us do. The opposition uses an array of different tactics that have no consistency. 

It's kinda like our game with Merrimack...

They let you stay close in the first half, almost teasing that you might be able to hang and eventually pull the upset...

But, then after halftime, they deal crushing blow after blow until next thing you know, you're down by 32...

There..🎀😁

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

The point guard situation next year will be drastically different next year. I mean we likely will lose both point guards and would have no true point guard on the roster besides Lander. JHS and Bates are both combo guards and we would likely start all 3. That said we might go into the transfer portal because I’m not sure Without improvement Lander can be trusted. He just looks like he is just floating along like a butterfly out there on the court. No true focus just fluttering around aimlessly.

Of all the things a player could post this seems pretty tame 

gotta think no matter what you bring in a veteran PG.  it’s all setup for Lander to take over…

• Like 2

Why do people seem so sure XJ is leaving? He has another year. He's not getting drafted. Everything he's said has indicated that he absolutely loves IU. He's posted that to social media. 

Unless he's just ready to be done with college and go play in Europe or the G-League? Not sure what he's making with NIL, but he seems to love IU. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Why do people seem so sure XJ is leaving? He has another year. He's not getting drafted. Everything he's said has indicated that he absolutely loves IU. He's posted that to social media. 

Unless he's just ready to be done with college and go play in Europe or the G-League? Not sure what he's making with NIL, but he seems to love IU. 

Possibly from a comment he made over the summer. He said something about his 1 year at IU. Of course, he could've just made that statement while forgetting that  he actually had 2 years of eligibility left at the time instead of just 1.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Possibly from a comment he made over the summer. He said something about his 1 year at IU. Of course, he could've just made that statement while forgetting that  he actually had 2 years of eligibility left at the time instead of just 1.

Ah, ok. I hadn't heard that comment before.