Deland McCullough

3 hours ago, PAHoosier said:

That would be great news. 1. As a giants fan I’d like it and 2. The brothers might stay together!

Honestly; I think this makes more sense for DM. No recruiting and the ability to occasionally fly into town to see his kids games. Likely more money hence “ND trying to keep him”. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Honestly; I think this makes more sense for DM. No recruiting and the ability to occasionally fly into town to see his kids games. Likely more money hence “ND trying to keep him”. 

Maybe… but then, why leave Kansas City? Which franchise would you rather work for? If recruiting pressure was an issue, why come to IU in the first place?

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Maybe… but then, why leave Kansas City? Which franchise would you rather work for? If recruiting pressure was an issue, why come to IU in the first place?

He came to IU to be Associate Head Coach so as to put him in a position to become a head coach someday; as well as coach his sons. I believe the opportunity he thought signed up for didn’t come fruition when CTA ignored his concerns about Hiller so he took the ND job.  Afterall, if his AHC title didn’t mean anything to Allen and he had no say in the direction of this program, go be the RB coach at an actual contender. However, now that an opening in the NFL is being offered, and Sequon Barkley is on that roster…no brainer. 

22 hours ago, Indykev said:

Why come from KC to IU to only leave after a year in the first place.

He wants an opportunity to be a head coach and the best chance of that is in college. Promotions from position coaches in the NFL are slow. In college you can move up the chain quickly. That’s why he came back. Even if he stays at ND which I expect I don’t know that he’ll be there longer than a couple years before he gets an OC or HC opportunity someplace.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Anybody that didn't have an IU football affiliation.  LOL

I would say they are in the very small minority on “Run DMC”.  Most that are serious fans understand DMC, and realize how good he is. If he can grasp 20%of what Freeman stands for and sells the Hs kids on, then i expect DMC to be rated as a top recruiter very soon.

1 hour ago, Hoosier82 said:

He’s a former NFL RB coach of the year with a Super Bowl ring…there literally isn’t a better college RB coach candidate on the planet. 

This is accurate. Then again ND fans aren’t very smart. I’ve been reading their 247 board because of Miami coming after their OC. He turned Miami down and now their fans are freaking out because he even listed to them lol. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

This is accurate. Then again ND fans aren’t very smart. I’ve been reading their 247 board because of Miami coming after their OC. He turned Miami down and now their fans are freaking out because he even listed to them lol. 

Miami just took Gaddis from Michigan even though Harbaugh is back.  As the world turns.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Miami just took Gaddis from Michigan even though Harbaugh is back.  As the world turns.

There was some behind the scenes stuff going on there. Plus Harbaugh thinking he was leaving to head to the NFL opened the door for assistants to look at other opportunities.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 7:21 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

And Canes adding Jahmile Addae from Georgia. He's been one of the top recruiters in the country. Sounds like Miami is getting serious again with Mario at the helm. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 6:45 PM, DC2345 said:

South Bend or Miami? That coach isnt very smart either. :coffee:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And Canes adding Jahmile Addae from Georgia. He's been one of the top recruiters in the country. Sounds like Miami is getting serious again with Mario at the helm. 

Their boosters are handing out some serious cash for the football program right now to help Mario get things turned around. 

• Like 2