@ Maryland Post Game Thread

KDB

24 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

X playing great ball under control is huge. He seems to have slowed down, attacking only when it's there and gets others shots when he cant attack. Nice compliment to TJD and Race.

Glad for Lander and really everyone contributed. Nice road win.

Seems to have slowed down a touch overall, but now when he hits the gas, he seems a step or two faster. 

7 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Folks, we have ourselves a coach for the first time in over a decade. 

Yes we do...

The improvement in every kid on the roster is readily apparent. He has them all gaining confidence and believing in each other...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I hope some of y’all see that three of our past four games have been absolutely incredible performances by our boys.

Beat Purdue with TJD doing nothing.

Up by 29 at half in a conference game. 29!!!!

Double digit road win at a place we haven’t won since before Bob Knight was born.

We have the best post player in the conference and perhaps the best point guard. I’ll take our coaching staff over any in the conference. We have one, if not the most, athletic and energetic benches in the conference. We have one of the best do it all glue guys in Race.

If you don’t feel unbridled enthusiasm for this team go see a doctor because you don’t have a pulse. 

3ADCF5C8-C645-4538-A741-2635C8CF999D.jpeg.984bd0010ccecc49c5c46dce01fbb394.jpeg

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I think Woodson is a good coach.  He's probably not the best in the entire country, but he's good.  Seeing how he has this team performing makes it all the more clear how far Archie was in over his head.

I wanted to love Archie.  I was blinded by the desire to WANT to like him, because he represents everything I want in a coach, except one crucial aspect: winning games.

He is the best coach for this team at this time. I cannot imagine anyone else stepping in when we were so down and reinvigorating the players, students and alumni like Woody has.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I think Woodson is a good coach.  He's probably not the best in the entire country, but he's good.  Seeing how he has this team performing makes it all the more clear how far Archie was in over his head.

I wanted to love Archie.  I was blinded by the desire to WANT to like him, because he represents everything I want in a coach, except one crucial aspect: winning games.

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

He is the best coach for this team at this time. I cannot imagine anyone else stepping in when we were so down and reinvigorating the players, students and alumni like Woody has.

For certain it's too early to tell where Woody really ranks, but he's far exceeded my expectations for year one.  He's a real leader of men and I can't imagine what coach I'd rather see IU have right now.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Definition of leadership. You can tell he was just as happy for Lander as he was for himself or anyone else.

We’re on the right track. Not quite there yet, but we’re on the right track. 

This is a great group of guys! Honestly I have no way to know but I think this might be the closest and nicest bunch of kids we have had here in a long long time. We aren’t going to lose just scoring or shot blocking or a point guard or rebounding if any of these guys leave at the end of the year (Trayce/Rob/Race/Xavier etc). Will lose a lot of leadership and that ain’t easy to replace. That brotherhood is hard to find…hope they all think long and hard before moving on.

• Like 3