2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Scwarber with his second bomb of the night.  Eduardo Perez got an 'IU product' comment in.  

Was coming home from our pre Derby draft/golf event and I thought I heard the guy say on the radio something about Schwarber having the most home runs vs the Mets in a 11 game stretch in MLB history? 

On 5/1/2022 at 9:30 PM, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this so I'll throw this one in here. Pitcher at Tennessee. Ben Joyce is name. 105 on the radar. File the name back because at some point he'll be a guy to remember.

105.5 to be exact. We have a college baseball season thread, like this one, on the other board if you're ever interested!

Kid also threw 4 scoreless innings in relief on Sunday when the score was tied 3-3. They ended up winning and Joyce got the W. Their roster is ungodly deep. 

• Like 1

Tell you what. This time of year I'm so glad I chose Indy 25 plus years ago. I'll always love Chicago. Born and bred,etc...

Right now it's 71 and muggy here in Indy. Windows open, kids playing in the  hood, grills firing up....and the temps at White Sox/Cubs game now are in low 40's with a feel like temp of 33. Rain and winds picking up. Brutal for May. 

Tyler Mahle has to be the most maddening pitcher to watch.  He has good stuff and usually gets ahead in the count 0-2 or 1-2 but can't put the hatters away.  He runs his pitch count up and can't go deep into games. Tonight after 3 innings he is up to 65 pitches and down 3-0.

Reds has broken a record for starters to start the season without going at least 6 innings.

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Tyler Mahle has to be the most maddening pitcher to watch.  He has good stuff and usually gets ahead in the count 0-2 or 1-2 but can't put the hatters away.  He runs his pitch count up and can't go deep into games. Tonight after 3 innings he is up to 65 pitches and down 3-0.

Reds has broken a record for starters to start the season without going at least 6 innings.

Took Mahle out after 3.1 innings giving up 5 runs on 92 pitches

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds now 3-20 losing 6-3 to the Brewers.

Pham and Moose combined for 5 hits 2hrs and 3 RBI.

Rest of the team had 1 hit.

Team struck out 16 times.

Take it up with the management.  This year has a 1982 feel to it.

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds now 3-20 losing 6-3 to the Brewers.

Pham and Moose combined for 5 hits 2hrs and 3 RBI.

Rest of the team had 1 hit.

Team struck out 16 times.

Thing about the Brewers and it shows how weak we are in NL Central. Their team batting average is 24th in MLB at .218. All pitching up there.

I was surprised to learn that the South Bend Cubs played the Peoria Chiefs today with an 11 AM start time.  Felt weird listening to a pre-game show at 10:30 in the morning.  I guess South Bend had an "Education Day" as they called it.  Kiddos from school at the game.  MLB needs to do this.

https://www.wndu.com/2022/05/04/south-bend-cubs-host-education-day-four-winds-field/

On another note, I listened to the bottom of the 5th with curiosity.  The Peoria SP(have no idea what his name was) threw 100 pitches and was still in.  The play-by-play guy mentioned that he had never seen a starting pitcher throw a 100 pitches in Midwest League game

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

In the last three days the Refs have put India, Votto, Naquin and Senzel on the IL.  They so brought up former Cub Almora up from Louisville.

Almora wasn't doing well as a Cub, but when a foul ball off of his bat hit a little girl in the head down here in Houston, he went into a total mental funk. Hasn't been the same player since...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rico said:

I was surprised to learn that the South Bend Cubs played the Peoria Chiefs today with an 11 AM start time.  Felt weird listening to a pre-game show at 10:30 in the morning.  I guess South Bend had an "Education Day" as they called it.  Kiddos from school at the game.  MLB needs to do this.

https://www.wndu.com/2022/05/04/south-bend-cubs-host-education-day-four-winds-field/

On another note, I listened to the bottom of the 5th with curiosity.  The Peoria SP(have no idea what his name was) threw 100 pitches and was still in.  The play-by-play guy mentioned that he had never seen a starting pitcher throw a 100 pitches in Midwest League game

My elementary school did this for awhile with the third graders. They always had to leave the game before it was finished because the bus drivers had to be back in time for their routes, but it was still a fun experience for the kids. They aren't doing it this year thanks to the stupid scheduling format the Midwest League has adopted with teams playing each other six days in a row. The Tincaps are out of town for the next two weeks. Which might not be a bad thing...they've been shut out 6 times in their last 8 games. 

The Midwest League organizations have always babied their pitchers beyond belief. I was at a game once where the starter had a one-hitter going through 6 innings on just 80 pitches. They pulled him so the relievers could get some work. Minor league baseball isn't for people who like winning. 

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Almora wasn't doing well as a Cub, but when a foul ball off of his bat hit a little girl in the head down here in Houston, he went into a total mental funk. Hasn't been the same player since...

Kind of a shame when the greatest thing you ever did on the field was a tag up moving from first to second. I liked Almora. Hope he gets things figured out.