Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

22 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

It could be as simple as not a perfect fit for CMW & Dane.  
Dane is used to Sparty way and CMW has his way 

it’s hard enough dealing with players, boosters & fans without internal strife 

Not hard to imagine two coaching styles and personalities not meshing. Especially when you probably have two guys with pretty big egos who both have significant ties to the university. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Not hard to imagine two coaching styles and personalities not meshing. Especially when you probably have two guys with pretty big egos who both have significant ties to the university. 

It’s like a recruit who picks another school.  Maybe it’s better to move on to someone else….hopefully both will be happy in the long run 

it may have been different if CMW was well established 

23 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

It could be as simple as not a perfect fit for CMW & Dane.  
Dane is used to Sparty way and CMW has his way 

it’s hard enough dealing with players, boosters & fans without internal strife 

Thankfully our way is nothing like the Sparty Way. I’d be turning in my fan card if we ever became like that place.

Scummiest program in the country IMO. 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2022 at 7:08 PM, 5fouls said:

At this point, I think it's perfectly okay to concede there may be no right or wrong with what happened.  It simply was a marriage that did not work.  Don't blame Woodson.  Don't blame Fife.  

Maybe, maybe not. The head coach in waiting was a piece of the puzzle, not the entire puzzle, about what was floating around. And a lot of the other stuff has pretty well been confirmed and there was also the performance issues, too. I am personally not the in the camp that this just wasn’t a fit and am very much in the camp of being glad Woody removed Fife quickly  

Hopefully if a similar situation plays out we will be quicker to back our head coach and All-Time great player over an assistant he decides needs to be let go because of the issues we do know happened.

Hope y’all enjoy this Top 10 team because Fifes vision of college athletics would have never allowed it to happen IMO. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 9/29/2022 at 7:08 PM, 5fouls said:

At this point, I think it's perfectly okay to concede there may be no right or wrong with what happened.  It simply was a marriage that did not work.  Don't blame Woodson.  Don't blame Fife.  

The problem is 5... some of us said that at the beginning... and I remember a fair amount of you guys that INSTANTLY wanted to blame Woodson. Remember the whole "he's listening to Wittman too much and now Fife is mad" bull crap that was spread? 

It was auto assumed Woodson was "in the wrong" when this news broke. Even on here. It was awful. I vividly remember multiple posters mentioning this was complete nothingness. This was multiple hours before Rabs interview. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 5

On 10/1/2022 at 1:41 PM, KoB2011 said:

Thankfully our way is nothing like the Sparty Way. I’d be turning in my fan card if we ever became like that place.

Scummiest program in the country IMO. 

I was ridiculed when I mentioned it wasn't a great look on Fife that he stayed at MSU through all of that. Hell, he could be culpable, no clue. I would have separated myself from that mess much, much sooner than Fife did. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, btownqb said:

The problem is 5... some of us said that at the beginning... and I remember a fair amount of you guys that INSTANTLY wanted to blame Woodson. Remember the whole "he's listening to Wittman too much and now Fife is mad" bull crap that was spread? 

It was auto assumed Woodson was "in the wrong" when this news broke. Even on here. It was awful. I vividly remember multiple posters mentioning this was complete nothingness. This was multiple hours before Rabs interview. 

Yup, it got pretty ugly with the defense of Fife. I personally remember how quick some were to trash our head coach and program.

Again, I am personally very glad Dane Fife is gone and I think it’s telling that Izzo, Stephens, Lewis and Matta all had to hire assistant coaches this year and he didn’t end up on any of those staffs. I hope Fife doesn’t end up like another former IU player he shared a jersey number with but…

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...