Early entrants

rico

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would rather play in college where you are making over $40,000 a year

first of all you arent getting paid in college... don't compare that an actual paycheck. Idc that their education is free... also Gleague players make 75,000 at least. Some make 200,000+ 

For most players, Gleague> College. 

Get out of the 80s

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Last time I saw that the g-league paid about $26,000 plus living expenses

Your information is incomplete and does not include training camp bonuses.  Players could also score early endorsement deals and who knows what other $$$ is floating around players with propotential.  I owe you an apology for an incorrect assumption about minimums, but there's still more to the story than the base salary for players without 2-way contracts.

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

first of all you arent getting paid in college... don't compare that an actual paycheck. Idc that their education is free... also Gleague players make 75,000 at least. Some make 200,000+ 

For most players, Gleague> College. 

Get out of the 80s

Like I have said many times on here my daughter got a full ride just like the athletes do.  With her scholarship and FASFA she receives a sizable check each semester that covers her rent, car payment and living expenses for the whole semester So there is no reason that the athletes can't live comfortably while playing college basketball.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Like I have said many times on here my daughter got a full ride just like the athletes do.  With her scholarship and FASFA she receives a sizable check each semester that covers her rent, car payment and living expenses for the whole semester So there is no reason that the athletes can't live comfortably while playing college basketball.

Literally has NOTHING to do with athletes. Not even comparable. If you think that is the normal college experience for 98% of our youth going to school at this point in time, you are soooo misinformed its disturbing. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Literally has NOTHING to do with athletes. Not even comparable. If you think that is the normal college experience for 98% of our youth going to school at this point in time, you are soooo misinformed its disturbing. 

I am just saying I never believed that any college athlete who said they went without meals or were going to bed hungry.  They get a monthly check for living expenses and if they live off campus and not take the meal play all the money that went to dorms and the meal play would go to them just like my daughter.  To me they get paid quit fairly to play college basketball.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am just saying I never believed that any college athlete who said they went without meals or were going to bed hungry.  They get a monthly check for living expenses and if they live off campus and not take the meal play all the money that went to dorms and the meal play would go to them just like my daughter.  To me they get paid quit fairly to play college basketball.

I wouldn't disagree with anything you just said. That's all MILES different then getting paid 75,000+ to play basketball... wayyy different. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I wouldn't disagree with anything you just said. That's all MILES different then getting paid 75,000+ to play basketball... wayyy different. 

I swore I read somewhere where the G-league players made around $26,00 plus living expenses last year.  What I read if they make the changes where the NBA puts more into the G-league and make it a real minor league then they would make more.

As of the 2017–18 season, G League players who are not on two-way contracts earn either $19,500 or $26,000 during the league's season.[1] By contrast, two-way players' salaries while in the G League, which are pro-rated according to the number of days the player is with his G League team, are based on an annual salary between $50,000 and $75,000,[47] and while these players are with their NBA team, they will earn a pro-rated portion of the NBA minimum rookie salary (which will be $815,615 in the 2017–18 season).[48]

You see by the research I fund that if you don't have a two way contract with a NBA team then you will make between $19,000-$26,000 a year.  The only way to get a two way contract is being drafted by a NBA team and these kids going to the d- league out of high school won't be on a two way contract.  So don't tell me I am uniformed.

P.S I got this info on Wikepedia

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You see by the research I fund that if you don't have a two way contract with a NBA team then you will make between $19,000-$26,000 a year.  The only way to get a two way contract is being drafted by a NBA team and these kids going to the d- league out of high school won't be on a two way contract.  So don't tell me I am uniformed.

P.S I got this info on Wikepedia

Your comment about college students and your daughters experiences speaks of being incredibly misinformed. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Your comment about college students and your daughters experiences speaks of being incredibly misinformed. 

Whatever, because the only difference is she does not play basketball but how the scholarships works are exactly the same.  ALSO I get a lot of the info about how college athletes scholarships works is from DD.  He coached in college basketball for years and just had a son finish playing so I will take his word over your

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Whatever, because the only difference is she does not play basketball but how the scholarships works are exactly the same.  ALSO I get a lot of the info about how college athletes scholarships works is from DD.  He coached in college basketball for years and just had a son finish playing so I will take his word over your

Smh. DD gotcha

Just now, btownqb said:

I'm honestly not sure what you're arguing here. 

My argument is that if I were a guy like Herron from Auburn who is not even ranked in the top 100 draft prospects I would stay in school instead of turning pro.  He will not get drafted and will have to start in the g-league and make the minimum more than likely so I would rather stay in school.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My argument is that if I were a guy like Herron from Auburn who is not even ranked in the top 100 draft prospects I would stay in school instead of turning pro.  He will not get drafted and will have to start in the g-league and make the minimum more than likely so I would rather stay in school.

Ok.. the comments about the money and comparing them to athletes just isn't even close though. Fafsa and scholarship money aren't the same as what the athletes go through. 

Are you factoring in if that family can't afford college anymore or if Herron is tired of going to school?

All things being equal, your argument may be valid. However, you don't know a kid's situation. Maybe the kid is not a good student and a degree will never happen. Maybe he needs to support family as soon as possible. For you, the decision seems logical, stay in school. For a kid coming from a family that has never had any money, $50-75,000 is a lot. 

You can't make sweeping judgements based on your own experiences. Your values, and what you hold as important may be entirely different than what these kids want.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What does Europe think about him?

Archived