Romeo Langford

28 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Just a RUMOR: and I can’t emphasize this enough, because I don’t know the source and will NOT state this as fact. HOWEVER... Rumor has it that Sean East is expected to receive an offer from Archie Miller within the next 24-36 hours. IF this is in fact true, I think the writing will be on the wall. AGAIN, this is a RUMOR... just passing on a little nugget, that may or may not be true.

To me he is a very good player and would be a very good backup PG for us and could become a starter before his career ended at IU.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I’ve watched East play, as have many of you... and it’s hard to believe that he hasn’t been on anyone’s radar. He is lightning quick with the ball and can shoot. He shot 50% from behind the arc this season. I honestly don’t remember anyone at the high school level going coast to coast faster. 

That being said... just something I heard and can’t confirm. 

Plays with a swagger too. Confident in himself. Has a little edge to him

30 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Just a RUMOR: and I can’t emphasize this enough, because I don’t know the source and will NOT state this as fact. HOWEVER... Rumor has it that Sean East is expected to receive an offer from Archie Miller within the next 24-36 hours. IF this is in fact true, I think the writing will be on the wall. AGAIN, this is a RUMOR... just passing on a little nugget, that may or may not be true.

If we were to land Langford and East, how many scholarships would we have for the 2019 class? My concern would be not having enough to land KBJ, TJD, Carton. I'd hate to lose out on those guys.

16 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

If we were to land Langford and East, how many scholarships would we have for the 2019 class? My concern would be not having enough to land KBJ, TJD, Carton. I'd hate to lose out on those guys.

I’m not certain at the moment and this may not be not even be true, but I thought that I’d pass it along. After all, most of this is just speculation anyway. 

Juwan Morgan is the only junior that I can think of, so if true... there’d be another transfer or two. We shall see.

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

If that's what it takes. I'm cool with it. I remember Knight offering Leary to get Montross. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I haven't watched him play but someone said quick and he can shoot? If he can do that and it helps in the Romeo process. Even better.

12 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I’m not certain at the moment and this may not be not even be true, but I thought that I’d pass it along. After all, most of this is just speculation anyway. 

Juwan Morgan is the only junior that I can think of, so if true... there’d be another transfer or two. We shall see.

Goes along with what I was told as well.  I was told he would be a preferred walk on.  I know there’s some time left but I’m starting to get excited...

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Goes along with what I was told as well.  I was told he would be a preferred walk on.  I know there’s some time left but I’m starting to get excited...

Preferred walk on makes sense. Thanks to all for passing along this information. 

16 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Either way, I’m a fan of Sean East. The kid can ball. I can’t possibly put into words how underrated he is. 

3 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Either way, I’m a fan of Sean East. The kid can ball. I can’t possibly put into words how underrated he is. 

It's weird. You would think with all the attention Romeo gets some recruiting "analyst" would have said hey this East kid is pretty good too?1?

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's weird. You would think with all the attention Romeo gets some recruiting "analyst" would have said hey this East kid is pretty good too?1?

It really is... I heard that Self saw him and inquired with Coach Shannon. Self said, “Who is #5 and what schools are on him?” When Shannon replied with, “Believe it or not, nobody.” Self went on to say that East is a top notch player and should definitely be a D1 guard. 

5 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

It really is... I heard that Self saw him and inquired with Coach Shannon. Self said, “Who is #5 and what schools are on him?” When Shannon replied with, “Believe it or not, nobody.” Self went on to say that East is a top notch player and should definitely be a D1 guard. 

I know edited videos only show us the good but I just watched 4-5 videos on twitter. How in the world does he not have an offer to anyone? I mean IUPUI, Ball St, Indiana St...other regional smaller schools? Good for Archie if this info turns out true. 

I have believed all along that any one of the three finalists could pull ahead by making overtures to East.  I just never assumed it would happen because East is truly good enough to get an offer on his own, just probably not at a Power 5 school.  He could be a star at a school like Indiana State, Ball State, Evansville, or Valpo.

He and Romeo are not just teammates, but are very close friends (and that's just not speculation like it is with Garland).  Romeo and East have played together since middle school.  

If this is truly in play, then IU has to reach out to East, because if they do not, Vandy most assuredly will now that the idea has been floated.

Alright, I took a few days off like I said I would. I owe DMB an apology for calling him the joke of the forum. That was a little bit out of line and said with a little bit of a dramatic effect to hammer my point home a bit more. 

This is absolutely great news and a brilliant play on Archie + Staffs part. Hell, if it's even marginal that he could make it here it's worth offering the scholarship even if Romeo doesn't come. If it's preferred walk-on then even better. 

Even if it's a last heave effort it's still worth it completely if we still think we're deep in the race. 

Can't stress how much I love this play from a strategic stand point!

2 hours ago, INDenizen said:

In NA's first sectional game East had 9 3s...7 at halftime.

A lot of wide open looks due to the attention defensively on RL. Won't happen at the next level.

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

2 hours ago, ephul said:

Have those people seen him play that say he's not close to a high D1?

I've watched him play numerous times. Can't believe the Xaviers, Cincinnati's etc. of the world aren't all over him. Honestly, if I was Vandy, I would've offered him for sure.

Again, maybe there is a reason for that, but it's not due to his game. There's been a hell of a lot of lesser talented kids get bigger offers.

Agreed. Really surprised Evansville and Indiana state aren't fighting for him. He is pretty skinny but good grief if you can play you can play! I'm sure he would put on some weight in college to. 

13 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I was talking to an area varsity coach today about Sean East. He raves about him and was shocked he wasn’t getting D1 offers from some mid major schools.  

Little birdies talking into my ear today.  Don't be surprised if Tad Boyle scoops up East.... just as he did with McKinley Wright.  Sight unseen.

Edited  : to correct Boyle's first name... it is Tad, not Thad

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Little birdies talking into my ear today.  Don't be surprised if Tad Boyle scoops up East.... just as he did with McKinley Wright.  Sight unseen.

That wouldn’t surprise me in the least. East will make someone very happy wherever he ends up. 

Just now, 5 championships said:

Sean East= Al Durham... in my opinion they are extremely similar! Am I crazy? Both left handed and slim built and kinda play similar. Al may be a little taller but East is definitely the better shooter. 

I think East is deceptively fast, like I said previously... he’s probably the fastest high school guard that I recall watching in person. Not to mention his shot is smooth and true. Al lacks explosiveness, or at least I haven’t seen it. Not saying that one is better than the other either... I like them both.

9 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

That wouldn’t surprise me in the least. East will make someone very happy wherever he ends up. 

I edited your quote of me to correct the spelling of Boyle's first name.  But I would love to see East in a Buff uni... along side of Wright.  Never has Colorado's future been as bright as when they had Chauncey Billups... leading the Buffs to a win over our treasured Hoosiers, back in 1997 in the NCAAT. 

Just now, Danomatic said:

I think East is deceptively fast, like I said previously... he’s probably the fastest high school guard that I recall watching in person. Not to mention his shot is smooth and true. Al lacks explosiveness, or at least I haven’t seen it. Not saying that one is better than the other either... I like them both.

I agree with you. Still trying to figure out why he isn't getting any D-1 offers. Grades or something? Kind of baffeling really. Maybe they don't like his slim build. But Al Durham ended up at Indiana on full ride and he cant be much better than East.

Archived