Romeo Langford

^^^ Good job, Fundy !

Here's another way to compare basketball programs.  NCAAT appearances  :

Kansas  46  (helps when you are the strongest team year in and year out in your conference, resulting in 61 regular season conference championships)

Indiana  34

Vanderbilt  15

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Your check is in the mail.   LOL

One point I would like to take issue is the splash on ESPN.   If the Langford's wanted to make a splash on ESPN, there would be no greater time and stage than at McDonald's in Atlanta.  Initially there was speculation that would happen.  However, since then Tim Langford has specifically set out an announcement time after the McDonald's game. And has said the announcement will come in New Albany, perhaps at the school.  And that the Mayor was invited.  However, unless that has changed, after Tim's statement, I got word that the Mayor had not heard from Tim.  Seeing as how Tim has lived up to all his previous statements.... I am willing to chalk that one up to putting the cart in front of the horse.

An oh by the way..... word has come to me that the planned trip to IU, is still a go. And is scheduled to happen sometime in April.  Date YTBD. 

Thanks sir

It hard for me to fathem that Vandy somehow thinks they are equal to IU in basketball?? I cringed when I typed that. Vandy is not even in the same stratosphere as Indiana. Like where do you even begin from the Best high school hoops in the world to the incredible fan base and then the all Americans that played in the hall and then the hall of fame coach and then the big ten championships and then the national titles and the undefeated team etc etc etc.. people are really this delusional nowadays? I'm embarrassed for them. 

If I'm talking Vandy style then I'd say IU football is right there with Ohio State football...idiots! 

Using the Vandy fans attendance stats... Indiana, even in a slump, in terms of traditional IU play is still drawing 94% of capacity.  While, Vandy is drawing 81 %.

Granted IU fans are used to seeing a packed house, home game after home game.  I have to admit, that I am one of them. But one has to take into consideration the draw of some the the non-conference teams that Crean scheduled during his era at IU, and for Archie's first year.  I imagine it would be hard to drive from all ends of the state of Indiana to see some of the teams that have been on our non-conference schedule, since 2009. 

The writing is on the wall.  Vandy is slipping and their fans are getting more and more delusional trying to justify a program with no history, a coach with a poor record and an inferior roster as a good choice for top recruits.

Not buying what you're selling, Vandy fans (all six of you).

58 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

The writing is on the wall.  Vandy is slipping and their fans are getting more and more delusional trying to justify a program with no history, a coach with a poor record and an inferior roster as a good choice for top recruits.

Not buying what you're selling, Vandy fans (all six of you).

I am still surprised they have a fan board.  But as to where it was invented and why the toothbrush is named the way it is, fanboard is an apt moniker.

Spring is here, thunderstorms and tornado warnings are around the corner.  I remember it was Halloween and just after 3 funnel clouds were spotted near Bluffton when JBJ re-committed.  Maybe another perfect storm is coming without all of the danger.

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

just keeping the best board here up to date on whats happening on the Vandy board: xD

http://www.14powers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6661&p=58050#p58050

Maybe there is a Pro-IU person on this board???? :ph34r:

Thanks for the link! A measly 2 pages for RL? Sheesh....

One post I read was Drew has 1 more visit left after the Langfords IU visit??

4 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Thanks for the link! A measly 2 pages for RL? Sheesh....

One post I read was Drew has 1 more visit left after the Langfords IU visit??

I would imagine an in home or something.  I think this board would have exploded much sooner if we knew Vandy was getting another visit lol 

27 minutes ago, Jacarcio said:

I would imagine an in home or something.  I think this board would have exploded much sooner if we knew Vandy was getting another visit lol 

Yeah, if Romeo was going to make another final visit to VU, we'd be sweating.  Yet, they don't seem to give it much thought other than to believe it's just for show to make it look like he was seriously considering IU.  Strange confidence over there.  Hard to judge from such little message board interest, but they seem to just be blindly cocksure.

If I'm not mistaken all three programs still have 1 visit left.  I have to wonder if we're getting close to the point where the Langfords will inform the coaches that they needn't visit - they have all the info they need to make a decision.  IOW, trying to force one final sales job may not be wanted and could actually be unwelcomed.

Archived