Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

I think (keyword: think) IU can get 2 games for 1 here. 

Gives Archie a chance to really hone in on TJD + Romeo but also find out if Leal can play against this kind of competition. If not, it's a guy to cross off and keep looking in 2020. 

25 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

FYI

Link for the regional games this weekend (TJD and Romeo): https://livestream.com/iscsportsnetwork/events/8091971

In addition to the above,  in case you knuckleheads aren't aware.....

If.... you possess a ROKU,  you can "subscribe"(free) to the IHSAA TV site and watch the rest of the tournament via your flat screen and/or laptop.... 

I watched the NA-FC championship this way.

McHoop

Edited by McHoop
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, cybergates said:

Something to ponder for those concerned about Romeo's quote "Great players like to play with other great players. I think that only makes you better." as a sign he's going to pick Vandy.

Kansas current 247 class ranking - 6th

Vanderbilt current 247 class ranking - 7th

IU current 247 class ranking - 20th

If he wants to play with other great recruits, KU (6th) has a better class ranking than Vandy (7th).

If he wants to play with other great players (recruits and returning players) Kansas (Azubuike) and IU (Morgan) have better returning players than Vandy (Lee).

If he commits to KU or Vandy their class moves up to #2 (nobody is beating Duke's payroll this year), if he commits to IU we move up to #6 ahead of both KU and Vandy according to 247 Class Calculator.

This does not take into consideration current roster talent.  I'd say Justin Smith and Morgan are better than anyone on Vanderbilts roster (current or future)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, McHoop said:

If.... you possess a ROKU,  you can "subscribe"(free) to the IHSAA TV site and watch the rest of the tournament via your flat screen and/or laptop.... 

McHoop

Saturday I watched the NA game on my big screen through my son's XBOX

• Like 1

And this is the reason you save visits for big time recruits. Biggest splash possible. Thanks Coach!

41 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Saturday I watched the NA game on my big screen through my son's XBOX

How do i get the app on Xbox one?

Apple TV Roku and Amazon Fire apparently have an app - pretty sure Roku is an app on XBOX One (not sure if you have to pay)

Edit - Roku is a device not software

image.thumb.png.3d0a0aae0dcf288e0f2402dbdf8ef36b.png

Edited by Sagamore

1 hour ago, McHoop said:

McHoop

I posses more than one Roku, and did not know this.  So I thank you for letting us know.

Now.... in terms of the of the phrase knuckleheads.   Doug Moe, who once coached the Denver Nuggets, would refer to people he loved as "Stiffs".  I am honored to be named a knucklehead in the same context.

And then.... long before many on this site were born, there was Paul Winchell, Jerry Mahoney, and Knucklehead Smith.

Paul Winchell-Knucklehead Gets Fired! 

Guys, I just simply clicked the link and watched via iPhone. I didn’t sign up for anything nor have Roku. I also have an hdmi adapter that lets me hook phone up to TV.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

How do i get the app on Xbox one?

I am the last person to ask this because my son does all the tech stuff

You can connect your computer to your TV with an HDMI cable  or use any sort of mirroring device like Chromecast as well.

9 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Does Drew or the vandy staff have visits left?

I don't know. But just wondering if anyone has been to the Vandy BB board (if they have one), and what are they saying?

Be interesting to know.....

3 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I heard he likes Bluegrass. 

That's good for us. We all know Blue isn't good at playing defense; just ask Alan Houston. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NY hoosier said:

Vandy board is an odd mix of baseball, football & hoops. Limited talk of Romeo and the potential of a trio of 5 *

I was bored so I googled and found a board, and though I didn't see any current posts about Langford specifically, there was one about EJ Montgomery setting up an official visit, so now they're talking about running off players so that they can land 4 5-star recruits since Vandy currently have no open scholarships. 

To the credit of some of their posters they don't like the idea of Drew running off players, but others are suggesting giving the players being run off academic scholarships, because apparently if you're not good enough to play for Vanderbilt, then you can't transfer and play basketball somewhere else.  Lol.

Also, one person questioned how is it possible that the Commodores are suddenly in on so many 5-star recruits, and they pretty much think it's because everyone wants to play with Darius Garland...yeah, that's it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

That's good for us. We all know Blue isn't good stuff playing defense; just ask Alan Houston. 

I wondered if anyone would pick up on where I was going with my reply. Nice catch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I don't know. But just wondering if anyone has been to the Vandy BB board (if they have one), and what are they saying?

Be interesting to know.....

I wonder how many people from Nashville will connect to Roku to watch Romeo?

:snack:

10 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I wonder how many people from Nashville will connect to Roku to watch Romeo?

:snack:

I would seriously consider it. The older I get, the more I enjoy watching from my recliner instead of on a hard plank rubbing shoulders between two fat sweaty guys.

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I would seriously consider it. The older I get, the more I enjoy watching from my recliner instead of on a hard plank rubbing shoulders between two fat sweaty guys.

GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would that make you a SMELLERMAKER?

• Haha 3