Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

This is shaping up like the Cody announcement. Remember watching that on our computers? Could be another really enjoyable day coming 

I'm remember Peegs saying it was IU then about 30 seconds later stating that he might be mistaken before finally confirming IU a minute or 2 later.  We almost lost it for a bit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Was it awkward for Oden and Conley?

The worst case scenario is people gasping in displeasure and then filing out. The horror!

No it will be worse, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

The signs have been out there for awhile.  I'm not joking when I say IU should have been considered the favorite the minute Archie was named coach.  Anyone that understands what makes Romeo tick could immediately see that Romeo, Archie, and IU were a triad made in heaven. 

Now this is the kind of optimistic talk I love to hear!

Maybe that's how you sweet talked your wives into getting hitched.  :o

42 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Now this is the kind of optimistic talk I love to hear!

Maybe that's how you sweet talked your wives into getting hitched.  :o

I am quite the Romeo with the ladies.  

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

He raised $6M for a quick announcement show. Myriad of other ways doesn't include $3.5 Million of Ad Revenue. Oh well. I'll get back to Romeo...didn't want to send this thread elsewhere (again). Haha.

He’s arguably the most prolific professional athlete in North America. Myriad of other ways still applies.

Host a telethon. 

Do a walkathon. 

Have a televised Lebron house party with musical guests and entertainment.

The announcement was still a crummy, wholly unnecessary thing to do to the fans of Cleveland.

Edit: Apologies for the OT nature of this post and my previous, I’ll endeavor to get back to the regularly scheduled Romeo programming now.

Edited by zerawkid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm cornfused!! I go off to work and come home and check the Romeo thread and see posts of possible "backlashes". Has something happened since I went to bed last night? Did some of the experts change their picks? Help a guy with a banana IQ......   O.o

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

If Romeo commits, my line up this upcoming season.  Romeo, Morgan, Phinisee, Smith and Hunter.  Who you got?

Langford-Morgan one-two punch is a lock. Smith is a definite possibility at 3. The rest 2 spots should be decided after summer workouts. Green, Durham, and  Phinisee will compete for starting PG spot. I really want to see one of the bigs to step up at 5 spot so Morgan won't have to guard guys much bigger than him. 

Edited by addictedtoIU

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I'm cornfused!! I go off to work and come home and check the Romeo thread and see posts of possible "backlashes". Has something happened since I went to bed last night? Did some of the experts change their picks? Help a guy with a banana IQ......   O.o

This is the honest to goodness truth.  The first time I read this, I saw 'wet the', not 'went to'.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 2

I was on a Southwest flight with Will Perdue last night.  I really wanted to get a chance to sit by him (open seating for those not familiar with Southwest) and see if he had any insight on Romeo as it related to Vandy.  Alas, it was not to be.  He was one of the first to board and, of course, being 7 foot tall, had to take an emergency exit row for the leg room.  By the time they let the schmucks like me board, there were no available seats around him.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Astrosws20 said:

Aren't we all? Thanks for the info random dude lol.

Well, I don't know about you but I'm not just some random dude.

I'm a sunshine pumper with the IQ of a banana.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6