Morgan withdraws from NBA draft

21 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

As surprising as this may come off given the history of the series for most of the past 10+ years, I say YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! 

I'd rather IU go right through the fire and withstand it than dance around it!.

IMO, Happ needed to stay so it can feel all the more satisfying when IU finally gets to kick their @**es real good for them .

Happ's decision puts Wiscy on my early short list for most improved" B1G team this year, after IU of course..

Huerter going pro for Maryland knocks them off of it. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

As surprising as this may come off given the history of the series for most of the past 10+ years, I say YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! 

I'd rather IU go right through the fire and withstand it than dance around it!.

IMO, Happ needed to stay so it can feel all the more satisfying when IU finally gets to kick their @**es real good for them .

Happ's decision puts Wiscy on my early short list for most improved" B1G team this year, after IU of course..

Huerter going pro for Maryland knocks them off of it. 

Wisc is a terrible team.  Happ on the other hand has owned every big we have put on him.  He is a stud  who can't shoot free throws

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Wisc is a terrible team.  Happ on the other hand has owned every big we have put on him.  He is a stud  who can't shoot free throws

Outside of Davis, I don't think Happ is quick enough to guard our other Bigs and they should be able to force him to play them on the perimeter - Morgan, Smith, Fitzner. We are eventually going to get over the mental block of Wisconsin (probably this year) and we should start beating them on a regular basis again if their recruiting doesn't improve.

3 minutes ago, IUaic said:

Outside of Davis, I don't think Happ is quick enough to guard our other Bigs and they should be able to force him to play them on the perimeter - Morgan, Smith, Fitzner. We are eventually going to get over the mental block of Wisconsin (probably this year) and we should start beating them on a regular basis again if their recruiting doesn't improve.

its not his defense.  He is really smooth around the rim and can put up points and get guys in foul trouble.  Not saying he is an all american, just a good big around the rim

I do agree that once we get over the mental part, Wisc is beatable.  Their coach isn't really that good

26 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

its not his defense.  He is really smooth around the rim and can put up points and get guys in foul trouble.  Not saying he is an all american, just a good big around the rim

I do agree that once we get over the mental part, Wisc is beatable.  Their coach isn't really that good

We'll struggle some defensively with Happ. They'll struggle some defensively with Morgan. 

On 5/29/2018 at 10:00 PM, btownqb said:

What heck is he wrong about?

The point I was trying to make is another member gave his OPINION, and he told that member he was wrong. What's the point in calling someone out for having an opinion?! Opinions are never right or wrong.

4 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Wiscy had a lot of the same issues IU had with untimely injuries. They had to rely upon young starters due too injuries. They struggled with shooting the ball for long stretches of time.Like IU, they also didn't fare so well in-state, and played a  more difficult schedule. They had the top 5 upset IU lacked, but they also lost more games that appeared to be W's on paper. 

For Wisconsin,  better health should translate into at least a slight improvement.  If Happ got his info from the NBA like Juwan and  several others  he will be out to show the grown during this offseason.   Outside of Happ there's a ton of things that need improved upon, but it's controllable factors. Up to the players.  Gard could feel some heat if they have  another bad  year, and Happ regresses or get injured. 

IU's trajectory appears higher going into this year. I still think they have a good  chance to be much improved depending how who steps up to take scoring pressure off Happ. A better on ball defender at the point of attack wouldn't hurt either. I could easily be wrong.. I would rather it be a quality win under  Indiana's belt .Maybe that's just emotion talking ?  Lol 

9 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Wiscy had a lot of the same issues IU had with untimely injuries. They had to rely upon young starters due too injuries. They struggled with shooting the ball for long stretches of time.Like IU, they also didn't fare so well in-state, and played a  more difficult schedule. They had the top 5 upset IU lacked, but they also lost more games that appeared to be W's on paper. 

For Wisconsin,  better health should translate into at least a slight improvement.  If Happ got his info from the NBA like Juwan and  several others  he will be out to show the grown during this offseason.   Outside of Happ there's a ton of things that need improved upon, but it's controllable factors. Up to the players.  Gard could feel some heat if they have  another bad  year, and Happ regresses or get injured. 

IU's trajectory appears higher going into this year. I still think they have a good  chance to be much improved depending how who steps up to take scoring pressure off Happ. A better on ball defender at the point of attack wouldn't hurt either. I could easily be wrong.. I would rather it be a quality win under  Indiana's belt .Maybe that's just emotion talking ?  Lol 

I personally don't think Gard is that good of a coach or recruiter.  We will see over the next couple years but i wouldn't be surprised if Wisc started falling down the B1G ranking year after year.

I would rather WISC be terrible in every sport they have, always and forever.  I cannot stand WISC sports and hope they lose every game ever.  EVER!!!!

19 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I personally don't think Gard is that good of a coach or recruiter.  We will see over the next couple years but i wouldn't be surprised if Wisc started falling down the B1G ranking year after year.

I would rather WISC be terrible in every sport they have, always and forever.  I cannot stand WISC sports and hope they lose every game ever.  EVER!!!!

Where I'm  coming from is  the gap between 1st and 14th isn't even what it was.

You make valid criticism that I can't disagree with as far as what he has shown to date in those areas..Gard has raised more questions than he's found answers so far but he's  had . This season will be telling  since the roster is starting to be more his recruits now.. They've had atypical instability with their roster and available. I could be off, but I thought they used two  walk-ons  in the rotation for a time due too their injuries to starters.. They started to show life late season.. 

I just think when the leadership is there on the floor (which it will be with Happ) kids can have success despite the perceived shortcomings of the guy on the bench.. That old adage. At the end of the day it's just basketball. They competed more often than not. They weren't good, but a team that won't lay down is going to win games as they learn and it slows down for more of the new players.

There were so many parallels with IU's season and issues that it would be contradictory to rip them too hard. Even if it is Wiscy..

What you wish for them is a more likely result if what I wish for them happens If they have excuses that are valid it isn't as satisfying to me. :D 

On 5/29/2018 at 10:49 AM, IU Scott said:

They are no better than role players  and to me that is not worth leaving college early.  I guess I just will agree to disagree with you on this because I know I am in the minority here.  Money is not the driving force in my life and I would look at it as the NBA and the money will always be there but my youth will be short lived.  My thinking is why grow up early when you don't have and have to worry about all the adult stuff like handling money and paying bills. 

I am the one who would not leave early even if I was going to be the #1 pick in the draft.  I have seen plenty of all time great players stay for 3 to 4 years and it never effected their career one bit.

I don’t watch the NBA but I also haven’t seen or heard a peep out of each one of these players at the next level which is why they made their decision before the league figures out their just that, ROLE players vs the unknown.  I get that now I thought of it this way, both players are really limited at the NBA level which is why neither totally dominated in their college careers.  No brainer, gotta think with the brain and not the heart.

Archived