Kira Lewis Jr. Commits to Alabama and random baseball stuff.

ADegenerate

5 minutes ago, KDB said:

I was typing the exact thing when you posted. 

I remember somebody even quoting Lewis saying that he thought Carton was going to IU after he committed to OSU.

Ahhh, I remember now, thanks for the reminder. He announced like a top 12 and then 2 weeks later committed to Bama.

So has there been anything put out there that specifically says we've reached out to him or anything of the sort?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, T-Free20 said:

Ahhh, I remember now, thanks for the reminder. He announced like a top 12 and then 2 weeks later committed to Bama.

So has there been anything put out there that specifically says we've reached out to him or anything of the sort?

26 minutes ago, KDB said:

Thanks for sharing...not sure how I missed that considering I follow Rabby on Twitter.

So we've reached out, but has there been any other word as to whether or not he's going to visit, or we're going to visit him, etc?

10 hours ago, Stromboli said:

No, Lewis was a 2019 before he reclassed. We were hard after Mann, Lewis, Carton, and Ramsey last summer,  we prioritized Carton. Lewis reclassed to Alabama and had an amazing season. He'll likely be the best of the 4.

This guys. We prioritized Carton. Carton chose Ohio St....Lewis reclassified. Chose Bama. Those feelings of being 2nd choice don't go away. Hopefully that makes sense.

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Does this kid have NBA potential after one more year? If he does I don't really see why he would leave Alabama and delay going pro

He's long and athletic and has a pretty decent shot.  Hard to tell how he'll fill out because he's still so young.  Plus, nobody really developed under Avery. If he gets stronger and adds 5-10 lbs of muscle, he'll have a decent shot of going after next year. With added weight and strength,  he could get to the rim at will in college.  Just my opinion,  and plenty of "ifs".

Does anyone know how the transfer portal works? Specifically in this type of situation where a coach leaves, Lewis puts his name in, but is still considering AL?

If there is no "repercussions" to entering the portal, theoretically any/every player could enter at the end of the season and see if a "better" school wants them and if not just come back to original school?

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

This guys. We prioritized Carton. Carton chose Ohio St....Lewis reclassified. Chose Bama. Those feelings of being 2nd choice don't go away. Hopefully that makes sense.

Wouldn’t you prioritize a kid from the Midwest that I believe had ties to us over a kid that might be reclassifying and we don’t have a scholly for because we are holding one for Romeo? I doubt he has hard feelings most likely he stayed close to home. If anything with Romeo gone the kid should have a green light if he came here. Perfect fit also in our defense...long and athletic.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wouldn’t you prioritize a kid from the Midwest that I believe had ties to us over a kid that might be reclassifying and we don’t have a scholly for because we are holding one for Romeo? I doubt he has hard feelings most likely he stayed close to home. If anything with Romeo gone the kid should have a green light if he came here. Perfect fit also in our defense...long and athletic.

When did Romeo announce he was leaving

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

With all due respect, how are you going to hold recruiting or prioritizing another player against a school, yet be open to considering schools that recruited you minimally or didn't recruit you at all?  To me, not even being on a school's radar until after you played a year is far more of a slap to the face.

55 minutes ago, dgambill said:

All day long. That's why I originally said no blame. The way recruiting works. 

8 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

With all due respect, how are you going to hold recruiting or prioritizing another player against a school, yet be open to considering schools that recruited you minimally or didn't recruit you at all?  To me, not even being on a school's radar until after you played a year is far more of a slap to the face.

Agree....but it's easier to come in fresh with no history vs saying hey we really liked you but we liked someone better. Kids don't forget who prioritized others. It's like in NFL draft when players don't get picked until much later....they remember all the teams that passed on them. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree....but it's easier to come in fresh with no history vs saying hey we really liked you but we liked someone better. Kids don't forget who prioritized others. It's like in NFL draft when players don't get picked until much later....they remember all the teams that passed on them. 

I've never seen an NFL player not sign as a free agent because a team passed on him in the draft. They have do what is best for them...go for the money 99% of the time....a few will make a family decision but I've yet to see a player say because you didn't draft me I won't come play for you in free agency. I'm pretty sure the kid will go where the best benefit to him is...regardless if someone got prioritized over him last year...especially since situations change.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I've never seen an NFL player not sign as a free agent because a team passed on him in the draft. They have do what is best for them...go for the money 99% of the time....a few will make a family decision but I've yet to see a player say because you didn't draft me I won't come play for you in free agency. I'm pretty sure the kid will go where the best benefit to him is...regardless if someone got prioritized over him last year...especially since situations change.

Maybe I'm not saying it correctly. When a kid is supposed to get drafted 5th but goes 25th he remembers the teams who passed on him. Just saying it doesn't surprise me that Kira mentioned in an interview that we were in on DJ but only started recruiting more after DJ went to Ohio St. 

8 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont think it has any bearing on our chances but it does confirm that Bama is still a player in this one

I asked that question of a source this morning.  Memphis still probably leading because of relationships.  The new Bama coach has done well to get some guys back, but the Watfords don't have a relationship with him yet. Oates would pull a shocker, and build quite a rep if he pulls it off. Honestly hope he does; assuming we aren't the choice.

Archived