Anthony Leal is a Hoosier !

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

What’s up with Leal...complete silence...is the Galloway talk affecting his recruitment?....🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe like in middle school when you like 2 girls but one is showing you more interest and had been dressing a little cuter to get your attention.  

5 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

What’s up with Leal...complete silence...is the Galloway talk affecting his recruitment?....🤷🏻‍♂️

Not sure. Seems like a good family and kid. I'm sure just doing due diligence but only so many chairs in this class. If TG is close as some have suggested I'd have to understand there are consequences to waiting. 

Maybe he has been asked to hold off his announcement. Lot's of possibilities. He could have verbally committed and waiting to have a party at school or during the season or something. I'm not concerned. If he isn't coming it isn't like we are losing him to Purdue or Butler I would think. It would be like Virginia Tech or Stanford and it would likely be more an educational decision.

7 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Not that anyone is banging down the door to come to IU but somebody could verbal before him at the same position. Maybe we are not as strong with him as we were lead to believe. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

According to Zach Osterman at the Indy star this afternoon, Leal plans to conduct a post-July evaluation of his options and currently plans to have everything sewn up by the start of South's season.  He and Galloway have expressed interest with playing together in College. 

Earlier today Corey Evans over on the rivals site thinks we are in a good spot to land both Leal and Galloway. He was more confident in Galloway than Leal which kind of surprised me. I hope we get both. 

6 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

According to Zach Osterman at the Indy star this afternoon, Leal plans to conduct a post-July evaluation of his options and currently plans to have everything sewn up by the start of South's season.  He and Galloway have expressed interest with playing together in College. 

I thought most people thought that once we offered him he would just commit

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yes. Probably 40 pages of OMG!!!! Offer him already what are we waiting on!! Obviously neither party was in a hurry for a decision so we got our panties in a bunch for no reason.

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For him, the timing is good. We'll have 4 open spots next year, but none of the kids IU's been targeting is in a hurry to say "Yes!". Leal can take all the time he wants before commitment. 

4 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

For him, the timing is good. We'll have 4 open spots next year, but none of the kids IU's been targeting is in a hurry to say "Yes!". Leal can take all the time he wants before commitment. 

Though I agree with what you are saying. I would rather Leal lead the way, by committing now.  Let the others know IU is the place. And have them follow.

But. What do I know?  It seemed to me that IU took forever to offer. Maybe, this is Anthony's way of pay back.

The only thing I do know. Based on solid reports. Is that Leal's mom makes a great meatloaf. 

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Though I agree with what you are saying. I would rather Leal lead the way, by committing now.  Let the others know IU is the place. And have them follow.

But. What do I know?  It seemed to me that IU took forever to offer. Maybe, this is Anthony's way of pay back.

The only thing I do know. Based on solid reports. Is that Leal's mom makes a great meatloaf. 

Exactly the sentiment I have. He makes IU to wait for as long as he wants. If he was indeed pissed off at IU offering late, maybe he's thinking about committing elsewhere. Looking at the offer list, he's got offers from other good schools. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me those 3 are all top 100 players and if we could add a top 30 player that would be a good foundation class.

My only concern there is does that prevent you from getting a really good kid in 2021?  Not sure 2020 is the class I want four kids in.

Archived