Indiana / Kentucky All Star Games

Other than Landon Turner, the turnout for the anniversary teams was kind of disappointing.  Woody Austin & Chandler Thompson were there from '88.  But, there were a lot of big name players that could have been there that were not.  Maybe some of them had excuses, but I can't imagine all of them had something better to do.  I'm looking at you.....Randy Wittman, Ted Kitchell, Matt Nover, Sean Kemp (okay, I did not really expect him to be there), Tom Coverdale, Tyler Zeller, and Gordon Hayward.  I mean, some guy came all the way from Australia.  I think I remember who it was, but just in case I'm wrong, I won't mention his name.

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm even more flabbergasted now than I was before on how this Indiana team lost last night.  They are EASILY 25 points better than Kentucky.  I need to go back and do some research, but I think you may be hard pressed to find a bigger upset in the history of the series.

What has your research turned up?

1 hour ago, rico said:

I can't speak for Fouls, but if you go by recruiting stars, or offer lists, or schools committed to and the final score of the game, I can't see how there could be a bigger upset.   i heard someone at the game refer to it as "The Miracle at Bellermine"

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

How did Aaron Henry look? Is he going to be a thorn in our side for 4 years? 

This is what I said about Henry on the previous page about his performance on Saturday.

Aaron Henry is very good when he wants to be, but was extremely lazy at times, especially on defense.  If he takes the right attitude to MSU, he'll be solid.  But, I could just as easily see him getting shredded and spit out by Izzo.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

This is what I said about Henry on the previous page about his performance on Saturday.

Aaron Henry is very good when he wants to be, but was extremely lazy at times, especially on defense.  If he takes the right attitude to MSU, he'll be solid.  But, I could just as easily see him getting shredded and spit out by Izzo.

...and you can guarantee that even if he has a mediocre career at MSU, he will light up IU every time he plays them just to show Hoosier fans what could have been.  I've seen that play out again and again and again...

3 hours ago, rico said:

In looking through the program from last night's game, the most comparable point swings between games occurred in 1998.  Indiana won in Indianapolis by 38.  Kentucky won in Frankfort by 4.  

Tom Coverdale was Mr. Basketball in '98.  Nothing against Tom, but he would have been about 8th in Mr. Basketball voting on this year's team.  And, looking at the Indiana roster for that year, there is no late blooming talent either.  One thing I don't know is who was on the Kentucky roster.  All I could fine was JR Van Hoose was Mr. Basketball.

I'll stand by my statement that says Friday night's loss was the worst in the history of the event.

Archived