Anthony Harris Commits to North Carolina

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep not good. Clearly we aren’t playing the game. 

And with Jordan Poole officially staying in draft we better knock LQ's visit out of the park because if not he can slide right in there to a more shooting friendly offense. I'm trying hard folks to remain positive (on this season recruiting efforts) but this isn't looking good. 

I'm not feeling as pessimistic as most of you.  

I think UNC makes more sense for him for a number of reasons.  Higher profile program, closer to home.  A little more flash on the visit.  Proven coach and winning system.

But, he must like Archie enough to take the official.  He and Trayce are buddies and have talked about playing together in college from the first time through this.  Someone pointed out that Harris started following Rob Phinisee, Romeo, Trayce, and Armaan after his Bloomington visit.  And while we're a step down, we're not chopped liver.

I don't feel confident, but I think the timing works in our favor as much as it does for UNC.  

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And with Jordan Poole officially staying in draft we better knock LQ's visit out of the park because if not he can slide right in there to a more shooting friendly offense. I'm trying hard folks to remain positive (on this season recruiting efforts) but this isn't looking good. 

So a class of TJD, Brunk, and Franklin isn’t good enough for you? That’s a hell of a class to me. 

2 minutes ago, IUskim said:

so where do we go from here? It looks as if we won’t be getting in of our three remaining targets

Player development. Not sold on LQ to Michigan, as they are prioritizing others ahead of him. But I’m also not sold on him to IU either. 

Listening to the MGoRoundtable from last week, one of the guys on the show made mention that the LQ recruitment might not be on the up and up. 

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This has been my fear before visit last weekend.....and I think I posted it. Sun will come up tomorrow but if Harris goes to Carolina to sit, LQ to Michigan or Memphis, and Watford elsewhere we've got some scrambling to do. 

Agree,.......but I look at it this way, this late in the game. The odds are against us landing any of these high profile recruits. Why get so bent out of shape when they don't come?????

In my mind, and I'm a recruit,... IU is the ONLY school and because it's Indiana. Again, Joey Brunk said it best, ".....It's a privilege to play at Indiana...!" These are the kind of kids I want representing IU....

Until we start "kickin' butt and takin' names,.....we are just another average D1 school. This is all these new young players know about IU....They weren't even born the last time IU was consistently a team EVERYONE knew and respected. 

They won't come until we start winning more, beating good teams and consistently getting to the NCAA tourney.

Guys like Harris and Watford can help get us back.....

16 minutes ago, Feathery said:

So a class of TJD, Brunk, and Franklin isn’t good enough for you? That’s a hell of a class to me. 

Has nothing to do with the prior 3. Has to do with a DIRE need for shooters/players with open scholarships with immediate minutes and we MIGHT go for 0-3. 

4 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Keeling from Charleston Southern is supposedly at UNC tonight.  And it looks like the UNC coaches just paid him a visit Sunday.   

https://keepingitheel.com/2019/04/23/unc-basketball-christian-keeling-set-visit-tar-heels-tuesday-night/

PT is gonna be tough for Harris if they both end up there.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Well if Harris is patient if he chooses UNC then by his sophomore year he would get some playing time. Two of their current guards are seniors and Anthony is probably a one and done player.  Also if the grad transfer goes there he is only there for a year as well.

To me we really need to go out and hit the grad transfers hard and try to get at least one if we can't get Harris or Quinnones.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Has nothing to do with the prior 3. Has to do with a DIRE need for shooters/players with open scholarships with immediate minutes and we MIGHT go for 0-3. 

To me I don't see a huge hole in our starting lineup so I don't think anyone is a guaranteed starter if they choose IU.  If Hunter is healthy I see him starting at the 3 and he is a very good shooter and I see RP getting better as a shooter and he will be the starting point guard.  At the two I see Green coming back and if he can shoot like he did the last part of the year then we are fine with shooters.  I think Durham will continue to get better at shooting and think Franklin we be good as well and hopefully Anderson can improve over the summer.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We don’t have immediate minutes for this kid. He isn’t starting over Phinisee or Green. He would be coming off the bench. He isn’t an elite shooter to help on that respect in year one. None of the guys we are on on are elite shooters. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

To me I don't see a huge hole in our starting lineup so I don't think anyone is a guaranteed starter if they choose IU.  If Hunter is healthy I see him starting at the 3 and he is a very good shooter and I see RP getting better as a shooter and he will be the starting point guard.  At the two I see Green coming back and if he can shoot like he did the last part of the year then we are fine with shooters.  I think Durham will continue to get better at shooting and think Franklin we be good as well and hopefully Anderson can improve over the summer.

Yep....Its not like our cupboard is bare....We could be pretty good next year if all things line up with our current roster and incoming signees. 

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Yep....Its not like our cupboard is bare....We could be pretty good next year if all things line up with our current roster and incoming signees. 

I also would still like to se one more player come in that can play the wing and shoot the ball.

4 minutes ago, Feathery said:

We don’t have immediate minutes for this kid. He isn’t starting over Phinisee or Green. He would be coming off the bench. He isn’t an elite shooter to help on that respect in year one. None of the guys we are on on are elite shooters. 

This is a great point! Either way he would come off the bench and maybe he likes the idea of RS and then playing after Cole leaves. All respect to him and wish him the best

14 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I guess I’m being picky but I disagree.  There may not be a starter role for him but there are lots of minutes to be had.  Who is the back up point? Who is the back up two?  Who is the back up three?  I know Harris isn’t a three but if we run a three guard line up or if Al is the back up to Hunter there certainly is some roster flexibility in terms of playing time.  All kinds of playing time is available.  

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well if Harris is patient if he chooses UNC then by his sophomore year he would get some playing time. Two of their current guards are seniors and Anthony is probably a one and done player.  Also if the grad transfer goes there he is only there for a year as well.

To me we really need to go out and hit the grad transfers hard and try to get at least one if we can't get Harris or Quinnones.

Just saying minutes next season will be slim at UNC.  At IU he'd have a better chance at getting minutes.   

Not sure how patient he'll be since he already jumped ship at VTech with Buzz leaving but we'll see.

I'd gladly take a grad transfer shooter.  Just hope it's not too late in the game to land one that could make a difference.  Are we on anyone else?  

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

Just saying minutes next season will be slim at UNC.  At IU he'd have a better chance at getting minutes.   

Not sure how patient he'll be since he already jumped ship at VTech with Buzz leaving but we'll see.

I'd gladly take a grad transfer shooter.  Just hope it's not too late in the game to land one that could make a difference.  Are we on anyone else?  

Go Hoosiers!!!

With his acl repair he might need to redshirt next season and that may work for him at unc

11 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I guess I’m being picky but I disagree.  There may not be a starter role for him but there are lots of minutes to be had.  Who is the back up point? Who is the back up two?  Who is the back up three?  I know Harris isn’t a three but if we run a three guard line up or if Al is the back up to Hunter there certainly is some roster flexibility in terms of playing time.  All kinds of playing time is available.  

PG - Phinisee/Green

SG - Green/Al

SF - Hunter/Damezi

PF - TJD/Race/Smith

C -  Davis/Brunk

I don’t see more than 10 minutes of time at any position. He Is coming off a ACL injury and isn’t a shooter that would give him a skill to put him on the court. I could see him being a starter by year 3 though. 

I’m pretty bullish on Al Durham to be honest. The kid puts in the work and will be hard to pass. 

Archived