Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ChristophBart said:

But at least we all knew that he ate breakfast at the Scholar's Inn Bakehouse before his big decision!

Plus, that before leaving for home. He told members of the team that he had decided that he would announce for IU. But had to talk to his mom first. Before he was able to talk to his mom.... the Georgetown  HC and his son met him at the airport, and talked him into committing to Georgetown.  How do I know this ? Because of the mother of one of our players at the time it happened.

23 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Plus, that before leaving for home. He told members of the team that he had decided that he would announce for IU. But had to talk to his mom first. Before he was able to talk to his mom.... the Georgetown  HC and his son met him at the airport, and talked him into committing to Georgetown.  How do I know this ? Because of the mother of one of our players at the time it happened.

Who are you talking about?

22 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Jaybob was a friend of mine. Till the day after the Navy game and the HSN get together, in B-town,  along with Natural Hoosier, when they both stabbed Colonial Crestor and chose to leave HSN for another site. So... it surprised me, when Jaybob got in touch with me, about Choops passing.

As for Rob Albright (Colts 88). He had a volume to provide. But was very divisive. Especially when he went out of his way to attack the future mother-in-law of one of our former centers, because of her wishing well on him and the team due to religious desires.  True that Colts 88 was a member of the IUFB team. But as a kicker, he never got into a game, though he would have never professed that. Additionally, after losing his job as a HC of an Indy girl's BB team, he now is an assistant to a former IU player at another Indy boys BB team.  Guy could have provided much. Yet he failed. CC could tell you more very serious things about when CC banned him.

Mile, it’s good to say hello to you and to others here. I miss you guys and the old HSN days. 

CHoops passing was way beyond any beef, grudge, feud, or whatever we want to call it. You and I had been posting with him since the Mike Davis era, hated seeing him pass so soon, and wanted to make sure you knew.

Hope everyone is doing great, miss you all!

1 minute ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Mile, it’s good to say hello to you and to others here. I miss you guys and the old HSN days. 

CHoops passing was way beyond any beef, grudge, feud, or whatever we want to call it. You and I had been posting with him since the Mike Davis era, hated seeing him pass so soon, and wanted to make sure you knew.

Hope everyone is doing great, miss you all!

WOW !  WOW !  Never expected to hear from you.  Water under the bridge. An open invitation to you from me.  To return. Don't just miss us. Come on back.  I understand that you are a family man now.  Recall back in the day when you were wet behind the ears, playing baseball.  Still love the You Tube video of you dancing at your wedding.  Yes. I have not forgotten a thing.

19 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

WOW !  WOW !  Never expected to hear from you.  Water under the bridge. An open invitation to you from me.  To return. Don't just miss us. Come on back.  I understand that you are a family man now.  Recall back in the day when you were wet behind the ears, playing baseball.  Still love the You Tube video of you dancing at your wedding.  Yes. I have not forgotten a thing.

Appreciate that, I really do.

I am a family man now, with two amazing young boys and the same lovely woman I’ve been with since high school. Those three are my life! I turned my passion for baseball into coaching, and was a head coach for a youth sports league here in West St. Louis. I quite coaching last year with having two young boys, I needed to be at home more! 

May I start a new thread for the old HSN? Would be great to see who’s still around.

6 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I am a family man now, with two amazing young boys and the same lovely woman I’ve been with since high school. Those three are my life! I turned my passion for baseball into coaching, and was a head coach for a youth sports league here in West St. Louis. I quite coaching last year with having two young boys, I needed to be at home more! 

May I start a new thread for the old HSN? Would be great to see who’s still around.

Be my guest.  To start that thread.  Remember when John Decker abandoned Hoosier Nation. And it was you and I who kept it afloat.  It's not bad to have a member part of two IU sites.  But... it would be GREAT to have YOU back again !

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Be my guest.  To start that thread.  Remember when John Decker abandoned Hoosier Nation. And it was you and I who kept it afloat.  It's not bad to have a member part of two IU sites.  But... it would be GREAT to have YOU back again !

I definitely remember that, it was a frustrating but fun time together! John was a great guy, hated it when he left. 

3 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I definitely remember that, it was a frustrating but fun time together! John was a great guy, hated it when he left. 

John Decker left in the middle of the night. Went back to Iowa. Without a word from him to us as to why.  John always supported me. And I will always thank him for that. FYI, after leaving Hoosier Nation for Iowa.... John returned to IU.

John Decker - Director of Strategic Communications - Staff Directory - Indiana University Athletics

No longer the official score keeper for IU FB or BB games as he was when he was running Hoosier Nation.  And yes. He was/is a good guy.

28 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

So I think my question got lost a couple pages back, but how is Lander’s outside shot?  I know people have said that he’s not a great three-point shooter, but his stroke looks pretty solid in the highlight videos I’ve watched.

Very solid, room for some fine tuning but overall his shot is good but I expect it to improve 

1 hour ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Hey Jaybob! Hope you're doing great.

44 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

So I think my question got lost a couple pages back, but how is Lander’s outside shot?  I know people have said that he’s not a great three-point shooter, but his stroke looks pretty solid in the highlight videos I’ve watched.

KL is shooting 37% from 3. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

His shot looks flat, but looks good. Maybe it’s just the angle. Quick release for sure. Can’t wait to see him in candy stripes!

Yeah, it seems to be working for him and it is quick. But I can see alot of those getting blocked in college play. Seems to start his shot and release really low. Kind of like a push shot. I would like to see a higher release and a little more arch to it. But like I said, it seems to be working alright for now. 

Archived