Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

3 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

He’s absolutely starting if he comes next year.  The only question is whether it will be Phinisee or Durham starting alongside him in the backcourt.

I would think RP and Lander would be the starting guards next year if he reclassifies.  It is always good to have two good ball handlers on the floor at the same time.  I can see RP playng off the ball and he seems to be a better shooter when he can step into his shot.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I just hope Archie gets a year to show what he can with his guys.  I really think people underestimate just how incompetent Tom Crean was.  The man has the #1 pick in this year's NBA draft on his roster and probably won't even qualify for the NIT.  

Didn't you see the play that Crean drew up for the 35 foot buzzer beater to knock off 1-15 Vandy?

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'm hoping both Al and Justin are grad transfers.   From what I hear things aren't likely to get better until Crean's crap is completely flushed.  That includes guys that played for him or were ever recruited by him.

Probably right and I have always thought this was going to be Smith's last year here.  Both of those guys seems like really good kids and have trouble seeing them as trouble makes.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I just hope Archie gets a year to show what he can with his guys.  I really think people underestimate just how incompetent Tom Crean was.  The man has the #1 pick in this year's NBA draft on his roster and probably won't even qualify for the NIT.  

I think this site is starting to rub off on you and you are being a little more positive and that is a good thing.

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Crean is truly a terrible coach. Archie has also done a much better job in mending relationships with the past — that is why you see so many former players attending games, practices and making their voices heard on social media. Hell, Bob Knight returned. 

7 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Crean is truly a terrible coach. Archie has also done a much better job in mending relationships with the past — that is why you see so many former players attending games, practices and making their voices heard on social media. Hell, Bob Knight returned. 

He's a total weirdo. 

Hadn’t really watched much of Lander prior to his commitment, but now starting to get excited for him. I don’t know how it will translate as a freshmen coming in a year early, but unless there are other additions he will be the only guard on the roster with legit NBA moves. Not saying he’s an NBA player yet or that he’s as good as these guys, but he’s got those moves coming off the ball screen that guys like Westbrook, Morant, Irving, etc. have. 

Again, not saying he’s those guys or even remotely as talented, but he’s got those glide dribble hesitation moves, the inside out dribble that freezes defenders and the step back off the ball screens. He also appears the finally be a guard for IU that actually finish at the rim in traffic. I don’t know how good he’ll ultimately be or how he’ll translate to the Big Ten early, but he’s got moves that nobody on this roster has. 

If those things do translate and adde with his vision, it will change a lot of things for IU offensively. 

45 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Hadn’t really watched much of Lander prior to his commitment, but now starting to get excited for him. I don’t know how it will translate as a freshmen coming in a year early, but unless there are other additions he will be the only guard on the roster with legit NBA moves. Not saying he’s an NBA player yet or that he’s as good as these guys, but he’s got those moves coming off the ball screen that guys like Westbrook, Morant, Irving, etc. have. 

Again, not saying he’s those guys or even remotely as talented, but he’s got those glide dribble hesitation moves, the inside out dribble that freezes defenders and the step back off the ball screens. He also appears the finally be a guard for IU that actually finish at the rim in traffic. I don’t know how good he’ll ultimately be or how he’ll translate to the Big Ten early, but he’s got moves that nobody on this roster has. 

If those things do translate and adde with his vision, it will change a lot of things for IU offensively. 

And he can pass a ball that can be caught. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

That weirdo brought us back to relevancy when no one wanted the job. He also won two outright B1G championships in 5 years. Yeah.. so incompetent. What an incredibly misinformed post. 

What he did, per your post, are facts and can not be disputed except maybe the "no one wanted the job", that is pretty silly to say. Otherwise, he does have a weird demeanor, didn't connect with what Hoosier fans call good BBall and was as erratic as an exwife over medicated on cocaine, sanex and green slime energy drink that couldn't find a pair of pants that fit on a 2 mill salary. 

No doubt, from stories, he's a great god fearing person who has the best of every and all intentions, but weirdo fits perfectly.  

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That weirdo brought us back to relevancy when no one wanted the job. He also won two outright B1G championships in 5 years. Yeah.. so incompetent. What an incredibly misinformed post. 

Lol.  Sorry I disturbed you from your home at Btownbanners where you repeatedly call out those on here.  But go back to your home. 

9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Lol.  Sorry I disturbed you from your home at Btownbanners where you repeatedly call out those on here.  But go back to your home. 

I probably post on here 100 times more here compared to there. What a post. Lol what a post. Your post makes ZERO sense. Do you ever listen to yourself, honestly? 

7 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

What he did, per your post, are facts and can not be disputed except maybe the "no one wanted the job", that is pretty silly to say. Otherwise, he does have a weird demeanor, didn't connect with what Hoosier fans call good BBall and was as erratic as an exwife over medicated on cocaine, sanex and green slime energy drink that couldn't find a pair of pants that fit on a 2 mill salary. 

No doubt, from stories, he's a great god fearing person who has the best of every and all intentions, but weirdo fits perfectly.  

Calling him a weirdo on message boards is soft. 

Khristian Lander thread and all some posters on here wanna do is talk about Crean... insane and disturbing. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Calling him a weirdo on message boards is soft. 

Khristian Lander thread and all some posters on here wanna do is talk about Crean... insane and disturbing. 

I can't disagree, calling him all of that and in this thread is soft. Doesn't make it incorrect though.  

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There were plenty of people that would’ve taken the job. I have first hand account. Crean was and is awful. Nobody likes him in the profession cause he’s and asshole and you see that with all the players coming back supporting Archie 

3 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

There were plenty of people that would’ve taken the job. I have first hand account. Crean was and is awful. Nobody likes him in the profession cause he’s and asshole and you see that with all the players coming back supporting Archie 

Another incredibly misinformed post. 

Awful? 3 sweet sixteens and 2 big ten titles. Yeah awful lol 

Horrible post man. Be better. 

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Insane some of you have this strong feelings against Crean still. Borderline absurd. 

Khristian Lander is really good. Done feeding trolls. 

Crean was a good hire for the spot we were in and he brought us out of complete chaos, but coaching wise he probably was average I mean he couldn’t coach defense at all. Indiana people want defense and want what they knew in RMK and Archie is a better mold to that. Crean was not good with the Indiana High school coaches and was not always good at seeing talent. Yes, Oladipo and OG but there were more misses then hits there. Crean will always be a D1 coach and will have years he succeeds and years he doesn’t but he is an average coach. 

1 minute ago, HoosierKix said:

Crean was a good hire for the spot we were in and he brought us out of complete chaos, but coaching wise he probably was average I mean he couldn’t coach defense at all. Indiana people want defense and want what they knew in RMK and Archie is a better mold to that. Crean was not good with the Indiana High school coaches and was not always good at seeing talent. Yes, Oladipo and OG but there were more misses then hits there. Crean will always be a D1 coach and will have years he succeeds and years he doesn’t but he is an average coach. 

I agree with everything you said? Other than more misses than hits..false. 

But yeah.. for sure average. 

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Insane some of you have this strong feelings against Crean still.

Insane that I come to a KL thread and have to witness a cat fight about fing TC. 

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Insane some of you have this strong feelings against Crean still.

Insane that I come to a KL thread and have to witness a cat fight about fing TC. 

Archived