Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

On 10/5/2019 at 11:03 AM, Hoosierinbham said:

Always tough to tell from a picture, but his left knee is bent, and he is leaning to his right. Not that it's a huge deal, but that would decrease how tall he looks.

i don't see a knee but i see a wide stance

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dgambill, you look confused. let's try another way. let's say you have 2 kids who are 6'6" one plays in shoes that have a half inch sole and the other plays with shoes that are 1 and 1/2". that doesn't make player 2 an inch taller. it makes his shoes an inch taller. how bout we measure the players without shoes, and then measure his shoes separately and list that instead of "with shoes". then when he changes shoes, we can just change that measurement. otherwise some smart guy is going to show up on measuring day with 1.5" soles and 1.5" lifts and measure 6'9" instead of his true 6'6".

54 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You ask why they measure you in shoes and that is why because it is how tall you are while playing.  You go to the doctor they measure you and weigh you in  your close and shoes on.

nobody is going to weigh me in my close, dammit

55 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You ask why they measure you in shoes and that is why because it is how tall you are while playing.  You go to the doctor they measure you and weigh you in  your close and shoes on.

what if you wear different shoes in the next game?

6 minutes ago, coachv said:

what if you wear different shoes in the next game?

Anyone with any knowledge knows that athletes always get measured with shoes on. Should they? Well I guess that doesn’t matter because that’s not the way that it’s done by any program.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Dude most of these shoes are all the same and last time I checked they don't play in high heal shoes.

then why do some players gain 3/4" in their shoes while others 1.5"? no matter how much their shoes heal them, one can tell that some shoes have thicker heels than others

1 minute ago, coachv said:

then why do some players gain 3/4" in their shoes while others 1.5"? no matter how much their shoes heal them, one can tell that some shoes have thicker heels than others

For one thing who cares about height  so why not ask this guy about his height

Image result for the movie fletch

Everyone should go home and shoot some baskets in their driveway in just their birthday suit.  Very liberating.  Personal record in those conditions is 27 out of 30 at the line.  Best in traditional basketball attire is only 25 out of 30.  Never tried it with high heels but will do so tonight and report back.

12 minutes ago, coachv said:

It has nothing to do with shoes but what they decide to list the players.  it is how they listed Barkley at 6'6 even though he was lucky to be 6'4 and it had nothing to do with shoes.

Archived