2018-19 schedule is here

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird scheduling and slightly off topic. Our friends in Champaign have 2 home conference games scheduled in Chicago and NYC. Can you imagine the outrage if IU ever took away 20% of our home conference games away from Bloomington? I get the Chicago game but why not do that in preseason vs non-conference opponent?

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Weird scheduling and slightly off topic. Our friends in Champaign have 2 home conference games scheduled in Chicago and NYC. Can you imagine the outrage if IU ever took away 20% of our home conference games away from Bloomington? I get the Chicago game but why not do that in preseason vs non-conference opponent?

What in the world. Yeah I don’t get that at all. 

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think you misread my post or grammar I guess. All I was saying is when you said/listed the 4 teams it seemed like you leaned towards 4-0....using words like only or before classes started back up or nice gift...kind of implies you thinking to the better end vs the middle. My apologies. I guess 0-4 is possible too. I think 3-1 would be an ideal start. 

I think 3-1 is the most likely if you broke down possible outcomes but I think 4-0 is possible enough that I won’t be shocked. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I would prepare for more of that in the years ahead, not less. I could see a conference taking a Saturday slate of games (say 3 games) and hosting them all together on the same day at a neutral site arena in a major market mid-season. For example, take 3 big ten games on a given Saturday and host them as part of a showcase at MSG. 

Not saying I like/support the idea, but I think that's where we're headed. 

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

I would prepare for more of that in the years ahead, not less. I could see a conference taking a Saturday slate of games (say 3 games) and hosting them all together on the same day at a neutral site arena in a major market mid-season. For example, take 3 big ten games on a given Saturday and host them as part of a showcase at MSG. 

Would totally be down for every team losing a road and home game. As long as it’s equal. And preferably within driving distance on occasion. 

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

All for it...as long as it's a road game for us. No way we take a home game. The other schools who suck or have a tough time drawing can have their home games taken away.

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

That is pretty much the conference tournament so I don't see a need to do that during the regular season.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

That is pretty much the conference tournament so I don't see a need to do that during the regular season.

It’d be more like the Crossroads Classic, but conference games. The reason is greater exposure certain markets, showcasing the conference, TV revenue, etc. 

Again, not saying I’m for this, just saying I could totally see the Big Ten doing this in NYC, DC, etc. within 5 years. 

10 hours ago, BGleas said:

It’d be more like the Crossroads Classic, but conference games. The reason is greater exposure certain markets, showcasing the conference, TV revenue, etc. 

Again, not saying I’m for this, just saying I could totally see the Big Ten doing this in NYC, DC, etc. within 5 years. 

The last few years they have had something similar when they have a double header with a big ten basketball and hockey game in New York.

I like the protected rivalries going forward, always playing PU twice, and the regional matchups.

That road stretch from January 6 to February 2 is going to bring some L's. During that run we play MU, PU, MD, NW, MSU and Rutgers on the road. 

I'm not even going to try to predict our record at this point, just don't know enough this early on, but generally, it's a better schedule and I'm fairly optimistic, and with a 20-game con schedule, that's encouraging. 

Oh screw it, I see 23-24 wins.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I like the protected rivalries going forward, always playing PU twice, and the regional matchups.

That road stretch from January 6 to February 2 is going to bring some L's. During that run we play MU, PU, MD, NW, MSU and Rutgers on the road. 

I'm not even going to try to predict our record at this point, just don't know enough this early on, but generally, it's a better schedule and I'm fairly optimistic, and with a 20-game con schedule, that's encouraging. 

Oh screw it, I see 23-24 wins.

I hope we can win 3 out of those 6 road game wit wins at Rutgers, NW and Maryland

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I really don’t think Purdue is going to be unbeatable. Constantly rotate fresh defenders on Edwards and should be able to make their offense break down

I don't think they are unbeatable but having those many road games in that stretch is hard for anyone to win most of them.  In the NFL they always say win all of your home games and go .500 on the road you will win your division and think the same for college basketball.

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't think they are unbeatable but having those many road games in that stretch is hard for anyone to win most of them.  In the NFL they always say win all of your home games and go .500 on the road you will win your division and think the same for college basketball.

MSU last year only lost 2 games without looking they went at least 7 of 9 on the road. 

26 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

No I was just saying I don’t think Purdue is going to be an especially tough out on the road. Not for a team with multiple skilled defenders.  

IU at home is their Super Bowl, every year. It's always going to be a tough out, and I really wouldn't be that surprised if we drop that one.

Archived