Trivia

rico

With the upcoming matchup of number 1 vs number 2 Gonzaga vs Baylor, there are so many Trivia questions to be answered?

What teams have played in the most 1-2 matchups? It's a tie.

Does the average score of the last 42 matchups equal a tie?

If Gonzaga wins, it will only be the second non power 5 to do so. Who was the first?

How many games required overtime?

and many more!

6 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

With the upcoming matchup of number 1 vs number 2 Gonzaga vs Baylor, there are so many Trivia questions to be answered?

If Gonzaga wins, it will only be the second non power 5 to do so. Who was the first?

and many more!

Hmmmmmm.

24 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

What teams have played in the most 1-2 matchups? It's a tie.  They are both in the top 5 of NCAA championships.

Does the average score of the last 42 matchups equal a tie? It's 50/50 take a guess.

If Gonzaga wins, it will only be the second non power 5 to do so. Who was the first? One of IU's wins over a number 1

How many games required overtime? Less than 10

and many more!

Hints, I got tired of trying to make the hints red because it seems I can only change the font one word at a time!

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

and many more!

Just getting to these. 

Kentucky/North Carolina?

No clue....haha

I'll say Houston because I don't think they were a P5 back in the Phi Slamma Jamma Days

I'll say 5 games on OT.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just getting to these. 

Kentucky/North Carolina?

No clue....haha

I'll say Houston because I don't think they were a P5 back in the Phi Slamma Jamma Days

I'll say 5 games on OT.

Houston was in SWC then, along with Arkansas and the rest of Texas.  Good conference.

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Know it well. Just didn't think it was recognized as a traditional power. Thanks for correcting me!

Well, I guess it depends on when term P5 conference came about.  Remember back in '86 Louisville won it all...they were in the Metro.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just getting to these. 

Kentucky/North Carolina?

No clue....haha

I'll say 5 games on OT.

As a guesser you actually got the 5 overtime’s right!

we’ve already established that Kensucky and UCLA are correct, still looking for the answer to the non power 5 winner. And since no one seems to want to take a chance on a 50/50 question, the answer is unbelievably yes!

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

A twofer...

What college fielded the first college basketball team?

Who is the only men's basketball coach in the University of Kansas history to have an overall losing record?

Minnesota?

Confident that James Naismith, the founder of the game, is the only Kansas coach to have a losing record.  

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

A twofer...

What college fielded the first college basketball team?

Who is the only men's basketball coach in the University of Kansas history to have an overall losing record?

I'm going to go with some college in Massachusetts so I'll just say UMass. I know the 2nd one because of the irony but will wait for others to chime in.