Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


KDB

CG Harlond Beverly

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Why does Montverde Academy sound familiar?  Is that where Brandon Newman was going to transfer?

Yes.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm....still looking at guard. I just keep getting the sinking feeling that Green might be the one not fitting in or happy by the end of the year with his playing time.

That said I think in 20-21 we should have plenty of guards here at home to offer that I think will be just as good if not better. Not a lot of hope for this one.

Edited by dgambill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dgambill said:

If Keion signs we will be over by one. Can’t imsgine we sign another unless after the season we have multiple leaving.

Romeo isn’t coming back for a second season.  People just need to accept it.  

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

Romeo isn’t coming back for a second season.  People just need to accept it.  

Posting the definitive seems counter intuitive.  I believe most have accepted the high likelihood he isn't coming back.  When it has come out that he is not going to declare until his game is ready and that a title is important to him, it seems even Romeo doesn't know at this time.  There is a chance he returns, however very small (<1%?).  Posting in the absolute has resulted in dancing banana emojis regarding Romeo.  As far as getting over it, I will not trip over what I consider to be maybe at best a 1% chance.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:28 PM, IU_Realist said:

Romeo isn’t coming back for a second season.  People just need to accept it.  

And yet that would be the very position Keion will take. So that means there is no openings for this kid. All I meant was that we don't 100% even know we have a spot for Keion...much less a 4th recruit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dgambill said:

And yet that would be the very position Keion will take. So that means there is no openings for this kid. All I meant was that we don't 100% even know we have a spot for Keion...much less a 4th recruit.

Like I said, Romeo is 100% gone.  Keion has a spot.  

Beverly has grade issues to resolve before anyone is going to take him.  He won't be a scholarship issue for any team because by the time his grade issues are resolved...they will know if they have an open one or not.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

And yet that would be the very position Keion will take. So that means there is no openings for this kid. All I meant was that we don't 100% even know we have a spot for Keion...much less a 4th recruit.

You take a 5 star recruit (in this regard, Brooks) --  It's a great problem to have. Someone would transfer...but yes, I would agree, not room for Beverly potentially...although I would take Watford if he wanted to team up with TJD and Brooks :)  

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Like I said, Romeo is 100% gone.  Keion has a spot.  

Beverly has grade issues to resolve before anyone is going to take him.  He won't be a scholarship issue for any team because by the time his grade issues are resolved...they will know if they have an open one or not.  

When did you talk to Romeo and his family about this decision.  How do you know that he does not just enjoy being a college kid and want to stay longer.  Not every person is consumed with money and all of their decisions are based solely on money.  Miles Bridges came back despite being a lottery pick because he enjoyed being in college and playing basketball.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

When did you talk to Romeo and his family about this decision.  How do you know that he does not just enjoy being a college kid and want to stay longer.  Not every person is consumed with money and all of their decisions are based solely on money.  Miles Bridges came back despite being a lottery pick because he enjoyed being in college and playing basketball.

The only thing with Romeo that gives me hope is he came to IU to create a legacy...to make a difference...and to do that he would likely have to play another year to have that kind of impact......but yeah it's the longest of shots for him to come back and I don't blame him if he doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The only thing with Romeo that gives me hope is he came to IU to create a legacy...to make a difference...and to do that he would likely have to play another year to have that kind of impact......but yeah it's the longest of shots for him to come back and I don't blame him if he doesn't.

Agree here. The one and done thing is very real, but I think some kids are less enthralled with than before. Look at Justin Herbert of Oregon. Different sport I know, but this guy was considered to be the first QB taken and given how the NFL works, it's not hard to conceive that a team would have traded up to the #1 spot to ensure they got Herbert. So Herbert potentially could have been the #1 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft and turned it down to come back to Oregon for another year. I know his brother is a factor here too and that doesn't apply specifically to Romeo, but I agree that Langford is about legacy. I could easily see him coming back and teaming up with Franklin, Jackson-Davis & Brooks along with the players have returning and gunning for a national championship. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...