Jump to content

Peter Jurkin , & Other Former IU players news UPDATES !!


Recommended Posts

SFCC did not put out box scores for their Jamboree games !! However , this is what I could find out in the written article :::: Grant has had 2 games in which he scored 21 points in one 25 minute game and 9 points in another 25 minute game !! And in another 25 minute game , Gelon led SFCC with 3 STEALS !!!! Sorry , but I could not obtain the FULL Stats line for Gelon , but it sounds like he is off to a really good Start at SFCC !! SFCC's first regular season FULL game is on Friday November 3 , 2017 ! ONLY 16 more days ( and only 10 more days until IU tips off versus Marion !!! )

Edited by hoosiertildeath
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

SFCC did not put out box scores for their Jamboree games !! However , this is what I could find out in the written article :::: Grant has had 2 games in which he scored 21 points in one 25 minute game and 9 points in another 25 minute game !! And in another 25 minute game , Gelon led SFCC with 3 STEALS !!!! Sorry , but I could not obtain the FULL Stats line for Gelon , but it sounds like he is off to a really good Start at SFCC !! SFCC's first regular season FULL game is on Friday November 3 , 2017 ! ONLY 16 more days ( and only 10 more days until IU tips off versus Marion !!! )

I don't know why but it makes me shake my head every time I see it misspelled. This isn't personal, but as a Marian alum, please know that it's spelled with an A, not an O.  MARIAN

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

He’s playing the competition he should be playing.  Not in the Big Ten.

Agree with this.  Though I believe he will be moving back up to D-1 next year.  At least from what I have been told.  This season is just to be able to work on his game, while not being forced to sit out for one year.   Not all D-1 ball is Big Ten BB..... which I know you are aware of.  Kid is a good kid. Kid is an Indiana kid.  Kid is a "Region Rat".  And because of all of that, I can only wish him the best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Agree with this.  Though I believe he will be moving back up to D-1 next year.  At least from what I have been told.  This season is just to be able to work on his game, while not being forced to sit out for one year.   Not all D-1 ball is Big Ten BB..... which I know you are aware of.  Kid is a good kid. Kid is an Indiana kid.  Kid is a "Region Rat".  And because of all of that, I can only wish him the best. 

Mile, I'm genuinely confused by this.  You're willing to root for Grant after going out spewing vitriol (or at least his family, have to think that didn't happen against his wishes though)  but not a kid like Cody Zeller who did much more for IU and was nothing but class?  Just because Cody left to go play in the NBA and Grant left because he isn't a good basketball player? Color me confused. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Mile, I'm genuinely confused by this.  You're willing to root for Grant after going out spewing vitriol (or at least his family, have to think that didn't happen against his wishes though)  but not a kid like Cody Zeller who did much more for IU and was nothing but class?  Just because Cody left to go play in the NBA and Grant left because he isn't a good basketball player? Color me confused. 

Easily explained away.  Grant, who is from the region, was never going to be an essential part of the team.  On the other hand, Cody who was from the other part of the state (no affront to Washington, been there too) , could have moved his team to greater heights, had he not left early for the NBA.

Two completely different scenarios.  One was never going to be a difference maker.  The other one was. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Easily explained away.  Grant, who is from the region, was never going to be an essential part of the team.  On the other hand, Cody who was from the other part of the state (no affront to Washington, been there too) , could have moved his team to greater heights, had he not left early for the NBA.

Two completely different scenarios.  One was never going to be a difference maker.  The other one was. 

 

 

 

Fair enough, thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, T-Free20 said:

I don't know why but it makes me shake my head every time I see it misspelled. This isn't personal, but as a Marian alum, please know that it's spelled with an A, not an O.  MARIAN

LOL......at one time there was a Marion College based out of Marion, Indiana.  As a matter of fact........Marion used to play Marian.  Marion is now Indiana Weslyan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry If I OFFENDED any Marian College grads , current students , faculty , etc !! However , i an 76 years old and I thought  THIS FORUM was a SPORTS FORUM and NOT an ENGLISH CLASS where PUNCTUATION and SPELLING are so VERY IMPORTANT !! At any rate , my Hoosiers are going to kick MARIAN'S ( spelled with an A instead of an O) COLLECTIVE  ARSES !!

Edited by hoosiertildeath
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As has been reported on this Forum , Grant Gelon has committed to Missouri State where he will play for two seasons , 2018-2019 & 2019-2020 !! ( P.S.- I never thought I's Live to see the year 2020 , but I'm hoping that I do ,vbg!) I hope that Grant will have TWO Great Seasons with Missouri State !! I think the kid is a BETTER player than he has ever been given credit for ( at least in some IU Fans opinion anyway !!!) At least Missouri State is going to give him his chance in the MISSOURI Valley Conference which is a decent conference ! ( See Wichita State nearly breaking IU's unbeaten record and Northern Iowa's so called upset of KANSAS in the BIG DANCE) !!  I KNOW-Wichita State has now joined the American Athletic Conference ! They were in the MVC though when they nearly beat those [censured] kaintucky cheaters !!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2017 at 10:52 AM, rico said:

LOL......at one time there was a Marion College based out of Marion, Indiana.  As a matter of fact........Marion used to play Marian.  Marion is now Indiana Weslyan.

Wow, I'm surprised I didn't know that. Especially considering they're both in the same conference. Thanks for the info!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2017 at 1:09 PM, hoosiertildeath said:

Sorry If I OFFENDED any Marian College grads , current students , faculty , etc !! However , i an 76 years old and I thought  THIS FORUM was a SPORTS FORUM and NOT an ENGLISH CLASS where PUNCTUATION and SPELLING are so VERY IMPORTANT !! At any rate , my Hoosiers are going to kick MARIAN'S ( spelled with an A instead of an O) COLLECTIVE  ARSES !!

No worries HTD! I just take a little pride in where I went to school :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In SFCC's final two jamboree 25 minute games , SFCC was led in scoring in BOTH games by Grant Gelon with 18 points in one 25 minute game and 13 points in another 25 minute game !! Grant is off to a good start !! Only 9 more days until GG gets to play in a full Regular Season game ! I'm hoping that GG averages somewhere between 15 & 20 points per game !!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Grant Scored 14 points in SFCC's 106 to 70 win if game ! !1 In Game 2's 90 to 86 win , Grant scored 15 points !! He did not play in SFCC's 3rd. game and I could not find any reason why he did not play ! ( I hope he didn't get arrested for shoplifting , vbg !!! ) They do not play again until Friday November 17 ,2017 !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally ,I've been an IU Basketball fan since 1948 ! I think Grant Gelon got SHAFTED by IU !! He is an INDIANA born and bred Hoosier who wanted to play FOUR SEASONS for IU  !! However , he apparently was told that he wasn't wanted any more by IU !! Had that happened to me ,  I too would be ROYALLY PISSED OFF !! I think Grant Gelon is a damn GOOD kid and a GOOD player ! All fans of Indiana High school basketball should be interested in what happens to one of the State's better High School Players ! I am HOPING that he has a SUPER Career at State Fair Community College and eventually at Missouri State !! I think Archie Miller is a good Coach !! However , I feel that he should not have ran GG away from IU !! At any rate , I will continue to ROOT for both Indiana University and Grant Gelon !! ( That's because I'm such a sweet guy ,VBG !!)

Edited by hoosiertildeath
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel bad for the kid, but it is what it is. IU was the biggest offer he received, and that's probably only because Crean wasn't very consistent with his recruiting. Every year he was accepting commitments from kids that should never play high major basketball. This is a perfect example of Coach Miller recognizing that. Grant just isn't good enough to get off the bench at a school like IU. From what I could dig up, here were the schools interested in him, and possibly offered:

Toledo
Iona
Western Carolina
IUPUI
UIC
Western Michigan
Lipscomb

Give me the same offer list and I'll commit to IU 100 times out of 100, but I would do it knowing I wouldn't play just because it's IU.

Edited by T-Free20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...