Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Indykev

Hoosiers In the NBA

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

We could have a separate discussion about rather or not we improved as much by adding McDermott as we would have if GRob had played and been healthy, but that's purely speculation either way. 

i'd rather or not.

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2018 at 1:09 PM, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Remember, we all made fun of the guy that tweeted Freddie would be starting in the NBA within 2 years.

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Remember, we all made fun of the guy that tweeted Freddie would be starting in the NBA within 2 years.

I'm still laughing, but hey...never say never I guess.

Good for Freddie...I hope he makes it.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm still laughing, but hey...never say never I guess.

Good for Freddie...I hope he makes it.

To be honest, he was playing out of position at IU in a way that definitely prevented him from potentially showcasing his full set of skills.  He was essentially used as an undersized power forward ala AJ Moye.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

To be honest, he was playing out of position at IU in a way that definitely prevented him from potentially showcasing his full set of skills.  He was essentially used as an undersized power forward ala AJ Moye.

Isn't that what he is though? What other position does he play? He can't handle or shoot, so he's not a perimeter player/3. He's a PF/C stuck in the wrong body. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Isn't that what he is though? What other position does he play? He can't handle or shoot, so he's not a perimeter player/3. He's a PF/C stuck in the wrong body. 

Maybe you are right.  It just seemed to me that he could have been developed into a small forward or wing type.  He has the athletic attributes, but I don't remember him ever taking a mid range jump shot at all.  No idea if he had it or not.

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Actually he is probably better suited to play TE

• Like 2

14 hours ago, IUALUM03 said:

Maybe you are right.  It just seemed to me that he could have been developed into a small forward or wing type.  He has the athletic attributes, but I don't remember him ever taking a mid range jump shot at all.  No idea if he had it or not.

My guess is if we did not see it, he did not have it to show

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

My guess is if we did not see it, he did not have it to show

Normally, I would agree, but that team was so poorly assembled there where holes everywhere.

1 hour ago, IUALUM03 said:

Normally, I would agree, but that team was so poorly assembled there where holes everywhere.

So you think on a team that struggled to shoot our coaches told a guy who could shoot to not take shots? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I really don’t understand why the Lakers let him go.  They invested a second round pick on him, he made the G League first team as a rookie, and he just turned 21 with a pretty high ceiling... Guess they liked Ivica Zubac better?