Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Except when the are playing the Hawks because last week they gave up 121 and still won and today have given up 60 in the first half.

Pacers definitely have been up and down -- but are still clearly top 3 in the East. The EC playoffs are going to get really interesting fast. P's could knock out one of those other contenders. Everyone thinks its Toronto or Boston, maybe Philly that makes it out of the East this year. I tend to think it will be Toronto, though Boston could come on late (much like Houston is doing now) when they get their act together. But hey, it just might be the Pacers, they stack up well with anyone in the East.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Pacers definitely have been up and down -- but are still clearly top 3 in the East. The EC playoffs are going to get really interesting fast. P's could knock out one of those other contenders. Everyone thinks its Toronto or Boston, maybe Philly that makes it out of the East this year. I tend to think it will be Toronto, though Boston could come on late (much like Houston is doing now) when they get their act together. But hey, it just might be the Pacers, they stack up well with anyone in the East.

Heard a pretty cool stat today. Since Victor joined the Pacers. We are 32-4 when he attempts 15 shots or less in a game. Anyone who coaches or have kids play....should be sharing this stat. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Cody broke his hand.  

My favorite was last night when someone on twitter immediately said he's out for the year and plenty blew up and took the bait. Finally someone asked how,etc....and of course the guy said because this year only has 4 more hours in it. 

Joking aside hate it for him. Anyone know timeline on return?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Cody broke his hand.  

He has been injury prone since he started his career I mean with the shoulder surgery that he had with a few minor injuries he can't catch a break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My favorite was last night when someone on twitter immediately said he's out for the year and plenty blew up and took the bait. Finally someone asked how,etc....and of course the guy said because this year only has 4 more hours in it. 

Joking aside hate it for him. Anyone know timeline on return?

I have not seen anything on how long it will be of when he returns none of the Charlotte Observer sports writers have said but I'll keep looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah the moronic fan voting for the All Star game continues. Among the "top" vote getters so far:

Dwayne Wade, Derrick Rose, Vince Carter and, though 10th among WC frontcourt players -- Cousins, who hasn't played a single game in 12 months. 

Fan voting. Classic stuff.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL...you can bet that's a bunch of idiot UK fans voting for Cousins. They probably thought they were voting for THEIR cousins...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Ah the moronic fan voting for the All Star game continues. Among the "top" vote getters so far:

Dwayne Wade, Derrick Rose, Vince Carter and, though 10th among WC frontcourt players -- Cousins, who hasn't played a single game in 12 months. 

Fan voting. Classic stuff.

 

I understand wanting the fans to feel involved, but their votes should not count in any of the sports All-Star games.  I know this is the NBA thread, but case in point is Darius Leonard not making the Pro Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

I understand wanting the fans to feel involved, but their votes should not count in any of the sports All-Star games.  I know this is the NBA thread, but case in point is Darius Leonard not making the Pro Bowl.

Fans voted for Leonard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

Jon Bostic for the Steelers had more votes than he did.......

Bostic wasn’t even being voted on for the same position?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the fan vote for both the NBA and NFL will forever be silly.  Vince Carter for goodness sakes was in the top 7 I believe for Frontcourt, that's ridiculous!  Regardless if it is his last season or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

the fan vote for both the NBA and NFL will forever be silly.  Vince Carter for goodness sakes was in the top 7 I believe for Frontcourt, that's ridiculous!  Regardless if it is his last season or not. 

Same for Rose, ahead of Harden. The fan vote is a complete joke. At least it's been reduced to 50% this year, with 25% media and 25% coaches. The funny thing there though is that D Wade could well get in the game, as the players will probably give him votes as a send off -- and that means that once again some very deserving player will get hosed, so maybe not that funny.

Right now Jamal Murray is nowhere in the votes -- but he's having a terrific year and leading the West Conf leading Nuggets. That's pathetic -- courtesy of the fan voting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Same for Rose, ahead of Harden. The fan vote is a complete joke. At least it's been reduced to 50% this year, with 25% media and 25% coaches. The funny thing there though is that D Wade could well get in the game, as the players will probably give him votes as a send off -- and that means that once again some very deserving player will get hosed, so maybe not that funny.

Right now Jamal Murray is nowhere in the votes -- but he's having a terrific year and leading the West Conf leading Nuggets. That's pathetic -- courtesy of the fan voting. 

Agree, I think it should be 25% fans, and split it down the middle for media and coaches for the remaining 75%.  I am fine with Wade making it, however I agree that very good players get hosed especially smaller market teams.  Rose shouldn't be above Harden. 

 

I wish they would go back to 2 guards, 2 forwards and 1 center. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Agree, I think it should be 25% fans, and split it down the middle for media and coaches for the remaining 75%.  I am fine with Wade making it, however I agree that very good players get hosed especially smaller market teams.  Rose shouldn't be above Harden. 

 

I wish they would go back to 2 guards, 2 forwards and 1 center. 

I'd actually like to see a change to best 24 players, and maybe even regardless of conference. We're in the era of positionless basketball, there aren't that many "centers" and some guys are slotted at guard who play small forward and vice versa. Of course, the modern "3" is basically a "2" on the other side of the floor, in many schemes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could take Paul George and any 4 random players and beat any all star team you could come up with.  :coffee:

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sabonis and Vic combine for 59 points on 41 shots. Meanwhile, PG has been held scoreless thus far tonight. 

:coffee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Vic hits the game winning three. Called bank and everything. 

That last 4-5 shots of that game were unreal. Vic with the bank 3 was fitting. Pacers win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2018 at 4:50 PM, IU Scott said:

I think VO needs to change the way he plays that will allow everyone to stay involved in the game especially at the end of the game.  So far this year I feel like the team has played way better without VO and has been more entertaining to watch

Just checked this thread for the first time in a couple weeks to comment on Vic’s OT buzzer beater tonight, and this was the first post I saw, hahaha

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a general comment. When did Jimmy Butler think he became the 2nd coming? Wouldn't be surprised if Philly tries to deal him. 3 teams. 3 times he's had problems with his role. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×